TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Since it's been 5 years since I've been, summer of 2009, I'd really be interested to see how much value the Fastlane is. I usually go to parks alone, easier/more enjoyable for me, and I can remember all to many times at KI in quene for The Beast, Racer, Flight of Fear, etc., thinking, 'Man, I wish their was a single rider/fastlane option for ::INSERT RIDE::.'

I tested the system out last year just to see how "good" and much "worth" there was. I was pleased to say that I got the fast lane (not plus) and rode every ride as many times as I wanted but my main focus was diamondback were I was Marathoning for a few hours and got 97 rides in that day!

After that day I love the system and will use it again!

Since it's been 5 years since I've been, summer of 2009, I'd really be interested to see how much value the Fastlane is. I usually go to parks alone, easier/more enjoyable for me, and I can remember all to many times at KI in quene for The Beast, Racer, Flight of Fear, etc., thinking, 'Man, I wish their was a single rider/fastlane option for ::INSERT RIDE::.'

I tested the system out last year just to see how "good" and much "worth" there was. I was pleased to say that I got the fast lane (not plus) and rode every ride as many times as I wanted but my main focus was diamondback were I was Marathoning for a few hours and got 97 rides in that day!

97 rides? Wow that's impressive! That's like 5 hours without getting off! Must have not too crowded to get that many rides with fast lane.

During the point in the day where Banshee's line was 4+ hours, we took two rides on it within 15-20 minutes. Aside from that we rode EVERY other coaster that offered FastLane and didn't wait more than 1 or 2 trains with the exception of Flight of Fear because it broke down. But once it came back up, I was the first train out.

If you're not a local, and you only have one day at the park, it's WELL worth it! Really, it depends on the circumstance. I'm not sure I'd recommend Fast Lane to someone who lives 10 minutes away from the park and knows when to go to find the queues empty, but for me, who flew in from out of state, I couldn't imagine NOT getting Fast Lane.

97 rides? Wow that's impressive! That's like 5 hours without getting off! Must have not too crowded to get that many rides with fast lane.

It was not an opening day crowd, but FOF that day was about 1hour 15. That was the reason I got it. Being a single rider, they would direct me where ever to fill the seat. They did make me walk around (need some exercise ha). If I remember diamondback was about a 30-45 min wait.

During the point in the day where Banshee's line was 4+ hours, we took two rides on it within 15-20 minutes. Aside from that we rode EVERY other coaster that offered FastLane and didn't wait more than 1 or 2 trains with the exception of Flight of Fear because it broke down. But once it came back up, I was the first train out.

If you're not a local, and you only have one day at the park, it's WELL worth it! Really, it depends on the circumstance. I'm not sure I'd recommend Fast Lane to someone who lives 10 minutes away from the park and knows when to go to find the queues empty, but for me, who flew in from out of state, I couldn't imagine NOT getting Fast Lane.

I got Fast Lane at Cedar Point last summer as it was the only time I might ever go, but I had to wait quite a bit more than this. Have you used Fast Lane at Cedar Point? It was still definitely worth it, but I waited upwards of 45 minutes to an hour with FL for some rides.

My daughter and I just joined TPR today after meeting 2 members in line for the Banshee yesterday. My husband and I took her as a surprise right after school; and it was the very first time we went on opening day. I hadn't seen it that crowded in years.

My dream was to become a roller coaster enthusiast when I retired, and our new found friends showed us we could be enthusiasts now. I want to say we met Brandon or Bradley (I can't recall the exact name) from West Virginia. We rode the Banshee 2x with him and learned a lot about TPR. We are so excited to be on here.

King's Island is only 1 1/2 hours away from Indianapolis; so we have a season pass this year and plan to go a lot more.

We introduced Nicole to roller coasters at a very young age and she has always wanted to ride anything she is tall enough to ride. I'm so grateful to have a daughter that loves to ride them as much as me.

We plan to go to Universal Islands of Adventure again later this year; and definitely as many more places as possible.

Great pic's of the Beast. I must say, that last year was the 1st time I was afraid to ride it after 31 years (I rode it 1st at 8 years old). It really sounds bad, I must say. I can't help but still call it my favorite, though.

url=http://www.clubtpr.com][/url]

All together on Thursday, I got 20 rides on Banshee. I was also able to experience Banshee during the Employee preview day last Sunday (5 rides).

I spoke to Robb briefly about the coaster while checking FastLane wristbands at the bottom of the stairs.

I have to say that I like Banshee more and more each time I ride it. I also have to say that it was running AMAZING on Thursday.

Banshee has officially knocked Montu down to my number 2 inverted coaster.

I LOVE the last inversion and downward helix. Look out for that support on your way around that turn! GREAT near miss moment!

On another note... I am apparently famous. I went in to Jack's Pet's to get some feeder fish, and someone recognized me from one of my many coaster trips. I apparently talked to this guy at Carowinds, KD, or BGW.

Autograph signing tomorrow in Action Zone! J/K (But seriously, I will give you one...LOL)

My daughter and I just joined TPR today after meeting 2 members in line for the Banshee yesterday. My husband and I took her as a surprise right after school; and it was the very first time we went on opening day. I hadn't seen it that crowded in years.

My dream was to become a roller coaster enthusiast when I retired, and our new found friends showed us we could be enthusiasts now. I want to say we met Brandon or Bradley (I can't recall the exact name) from West Virginia. We rode the Banshee 2x with him and learned a lot about TPR. We are so excited to be on here.

King's Island is only 1 1/2 hours away from Indianapolis; so we have a season pass this year and plan to go a lot more.

We introduced Nicole to roller coasters at a very young age and she has always wanted to ride anything she is tall enough to ride. I'm so grateful to have a daughter that loves to ride them as much as me.

We plan to go to Universal Islands of Adventure again later this year; and definitely as many more places as possible.

Great pic's of the Beast. I must say, that last year was the 1st time I was afraid to ride it after 31 years (I rode it 1st at 8 years old). It really sounds bad, I must say. I can't help but still call it my favorite, though.

Welcome! So glad to see that someone helped you and your daughter out! It is thrilling to see that you have a strong passion for roller coasters!! It is very exciting to me to see that someone taught you everything about TPR and you joined because of it! GLAD to have you on board!!

I just got back from a two-hour trip to the park, where I got in three rides on Banshee (I'm up to 24!) in less than 45 minutes without Fast Lane. The ride is a people eater if there ever was one. However, in the short time that I was waiting in line, it started to dawn on me just how drastically the park has changed for the better. All of the queue TVs have been updated to flat screens that play "FunTV", which is like Cedar Fair's version of E! News, and the park playlist has branched out to include popular alternative music like Bastille as well as more obscure, experimental artists like St Vincent. I'm sure I got some weird looks, but I jammed out when they started playing digital witness.

On top of that, every ride in the park feels revitalized. Invertigo seems to be faster, smoother, and more intense; The Bat is more forceful than I remember; The Beast is incredibly smooth, even though the trims are getting more and more noticeable; Diamondback is still mostly rattle-free. I feel like Cedar Fair has really stepped up their game this season, and it gives me hope. I won't be able to make it to any other CF parks this summer but I hope they get similar treatments.

So awesome... so glad to have you here at TPR... and what an awesome way to find your way to TPR!

For those lucky punks to have ridden Banshee, more than 20+ times in some cases, can you compare it to other similar coasters/theming/fun etc?

I would say that theme is up there. The lighting package is amazing at night. The fog machines are beyond cool. The theming in the cue is awesome! This is the best theming I have seen cedar fair do in a long time!! Is it a Disney? No, but it is a start for cedar fair.

The ride experience is amazing fun, exciting, and thrilling

For me this is my favorite invert, and a coaster that is now in my top 10 by far!! It I close to be a top 5 but I have to reride some rides to know for sure.

I'll give this about a 1% shot of being as good as Katun, Montu, etc. Still, it beats the heck out of SOB.

I am loving how much the KI fanboys are going crazy for this.

You guys... We all know that this thing is going to open and all of the Ohio enthusiasts are going to sing praises of how intense and brilliant this is. (The same way that Diamondback was praised as an airtime machine). Then everyone else is going to go visit KI and realize that it's really not all that.

Looks big and boring. And let's be honest... It's going up be forceless. Will be perfect for that park!

There... I said it!

Yep! A few pages back one of the Ohio nut jobs called me "TPR's most negative member" for pointing out the widely known fact that modern B&M inverts aren't as good as the old school ones like Dragons, Montu, Katun, Batman, Nemesis, etc.

Banshee will be a smashing success for the park and WAYYYYY better than SOB. But one needs to go into this with realistic expectations considering the types of rides B&M is building these days.

Quoted for hilariousness!!!

Looking at what you quoted.... are they mad they can't be here and jealous? Or... lol. I don't live in Ohio, but I've been on plenty of coasters from California, to florida, to texas, and Ohio. And of all those coasters, Banshee has absolutely stood out as a top inverted coaster in my opinion and experience.

At the park today and it's been walk on for all the coasters. If you live close, I'd suggest coming to the park today.

This year is my first year with a platinum pass to cedar fair parks, so few friends and I went on opening day and took the day off school and WOW did it not disappoint. We were lucky enough to get a front row ride on Banshee around noon, and met Rob later in the day. Got a picture with him . He told me to post more on here, and my other name was inactive form years ago so I'm back here keeping my promise! Grad school has more free time now, and being a half hour away from KI is sure going to have its bonus'.

Having ridden most of the BM inverts out there in the US, I really like Banshee quite a bit. Two huge thumbs up. Loved the que and the faster lift and as I'm not super big on the whole BM pre-drop thing, I liked the fact that this wasn't on the ride. My favorite BM invert in the US right now is still Alpengeist but I found this to be quite fun, especially with the theming in the que and a few random headstones down by the batwing elements. The new restraints I really liked although after a few rides I can imagine that my collarbones would be a bit tender, just like on GateKeeper from last year. I like the compliment that Banshee adds to KI- seems like the one thing they lacked was a 'big' looper. FOF is one thing, and vortex, but they're a bit more compact in terms of elements. They have all the other bits. Bigger BM hyper, Beast, Arrow Customs, etc. I think banshee being that token 'large looper' in the park really completes the last little piece of the puzzle, at least to me. I also loved the fact it doesn't have a cobra roll, because if its one element I can live without, its those.

To be Banshee seems to have a bit of a feel to Alpengeist in terms of size of the first half of the circuit, and somewhat Montu in terms of elemental pacing. Loved the ride, as did my two best friends that came with us. The free shirts were always a bonus

Also not to be weird but if theres anyone in OH with passes and would like to go someday, I'll be here until may 9th and back august 13th for school- otherwise I'm at a music festival in Michigan. Let me know if anyone would like to go! Nice to be back here. It's needed.

Devin Cobleigh Morrison

What are the normal requirements for a media day?

Generally you have to be a recognized member of the media and invited by the park. It is generally at the discretion of the park's Public Relations department who they choose to recognize and invite.

There are many exceptions the "media only" as park's sometimes partner with coaster groups, local businesses and radio stations to invite additional guests.

What are the normal requirements for a media day?

Generally you have to be a recognized member of the media and invited by the park. It is generally at the discretion of the park's Public Relations department who they choose to recognize and invite.

There are many exceptions the "media only" as park's sometimes partner with coaster groups, local businesses and radio stations to invite additional guests.

I was gonna say, cuz on the KD website it says that only people who are invited are people who are from TV news channels and stuff like that. No coaster groups. Hopefully whenever they get a new ride, that'll change.

Just got back from another day out there today. Was one of the last riders on the last train running from opening. It was already so much better when dusk started to come over the day. Cant wait to get out there and ride it at night! Also I was really surprised to like the back more than the front on this. Usually for BM inverts the fronts where its at for me. I loved the front row on this on opening day, but man the back row really blew it out of the water. The heartline/inline roll was so much better in the back. Two thumbs up in the front two, but 3 in the back- loved it.