TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I need to rant a little, right now I am over by diamondback area, which is closed for early entry, you would not believe the amount of people cussing out KI and how much of a pain it is to wait another. 30minutes!!

I am sorry, but the park does not have to give is early entry at all! Be happy that we get to be in the park, these "perks" could easily be removed, just remember that please!

Great pictures and great offride shots! I noticed, while watching those videos, that banshee sounds a little bit different from other loud B&Ms. Is it just from the videos or am I actually correct? Also, for those who've ridden it, how did the loops feel? Any different from the other inverts? Because they look slightly more circular.

Banshee's roar is very similar to GateKeeper's at the beginning of the season. GateKeeper did get progressively louder as time went on and as it was broken in. I don't think it will ever be as loud as Raptor though.

We did some filming on The Beast this morning and while it will be a few days before I can get the POV posted, here's a couple of shots. The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

image.thumb.jpg.bf4f29ce4c51a40d95a56707b06f1ee6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.cc9a30eab8e86cb8c1283e42b8fa0df8.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Man I would have loved a 52 height requirement as a little kid. I remember for a year or two at Six Flags Great America, I was a little under 54 inches and so I was always super disappointed I could not ride Batman, Shock Wave, and Iron Wolf. I did manage to get a ride on Shock Wave by getting in the car before I could get measured but I didn't return to that park for like four or 5 years. There will be some very happy kids who will be able to ride Banshee.

I should also note that when I did go to King's Island a few years later, I had hit a growth spirt so it was a huge relief being able to ride King Kobra. It was a paintful ride but worth it.

I really need to go back to Kings Island now. The park seemed to have had gone downhill since my visit in 1998 but it is nice to see the park finally getting some love. Matt Ouimet seems to be doing a great job.

We did some filming on The Beast this morning and while it will be a few days before I can get the POV posted, here's a couple of shots. The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Man, it's been a long while since theirs been an 'official' POV for the Beast. Glad to see it's coming directly from TPR. At least from the two screencaps released so far it looks like their's been a good amount of retracking. Can't wait to virtually ride the re-worked Beast.

Also thanks to everyone who provided insight, opinions, and especially pictures of Banshee, media day, and opening day on behalf of at least one KI fan who wish he could've been there.

Then I'm most definitely going to plan on a second visit to KI some other time this summer just to get more rides on Banshee. Heck, might save up a little more next time for FastLane+. Today must've been way better, I'm sure!

Since it's been 5 years since I've been, summer of 2009, I'd really be interested to see how much value the Fastlane is. I usually go to parks alone, easier/more enjoyable for me, and I can remember all to many times at KI in quene for The Beast, Racer, Flight of Fear, etc., thinking, 'Man, I wish their was a single rider/fastlane option for ::INSERT RIDE::.'