TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Haven't posted in the forums for a while but have been reading them! Just got back from Kings Island and the crowds were INSANE! Banshee had a 5+ Hour wait! The line was extending all the way to the Eiffel Tower at 2pm! Banshee did not disappoint. Amazing ride and amazing restraint system. Would love Cedar Fair to consider putting these on Raptor and other B&M inverts. Didn't think there was going to be a huge crowd today! Luckily I noticed the line forming on the expressway to get in the parking lot at 11am and when I finally got in the park I headed straight to purchase fast lane+. Turned Banshee's wait into maybe 30 mins! (Was an hour total due to a breakdown.) Everything else was a station wait with fast lane. Worth every penny! Only rough part of Beast was the entrance into the helix! (The line for Beast seemed like a 3 hour wait!) Vortex seemed rougher and in need of a paint job! All in all a great day. Main downer today was Fight of Fear was down! Anyone at the park today get a ride on Flight of Fear or was it down all day? Also my other question was has anyone at any Cedar Fair park experienced the Fast Lane selling out?

Haven't posted in the forums for a while but have been reading them! Just got back from Kings Island and the crowds were INSANE! Banshee had a 5+ Hour wait! The line was extending all the way to the Eiffel Tower at 2pm! Banshee did not disappoint. Amazing ride and amazing restraint system. Would love Cedar Fair to consider putting these on Raptor and other B&M inverts. Didn't think there was going to be a huge crowd today! Luckily I noticed the line forming on the expressway to get in the parking lot at 11am and when I finally got in the park I headed straight to purchase fast lane+. Turned Banshee's wait into maybe 30 mins! (Was an hour total due to a breakdown.) Everything else was a station wait with fast lane. Worth every penny! Only rough part of Beast was the entrance into the helix! (The line for Beast seemed like a 3 hour wait!) Vortex seemed rougher and in need of a paint job! All in all a great day. Main downer today was Fight of Fear was down! Anyone at the park today get a ride on Flight of Fear or was it down all day? Also my other question was has anyone at any Cedar Fair park experienced the Fast Lane selling out?

I believe Vortex got a paint job only a few years ago. Don't see it happening again soon.

I know it's early for these questions but for those who rode Banshee where would you rank it among B&M inverts and where would you rank it in terms of best rides in KI?

Also someone asked this before and I didn't see it get answered so I'll ask again, what do you need in order to get into a media day? Was hoping to find a way to get into Zumanjaro's media day which is why I'm curious.

Also someone asked this before and I didn't see it get answered so I'll ask again, what do you need in order to get into a media day? Was hoping to find a way to get into Zumanjaro's media day which is why I'm curious.

To get into Banshee's media day you had to be a member of Club TPR. However, it is very rare a media day will be opened to the entire club like Kings Island did.

To get into Banshee's media day you had to be a member of Club TPR. However, it is very rare a media day will be opened to the entire club like Kings Island did.

Media day for Gatekeeper was open for coaster club members

Thank you for the awesome pictures of Banshee and POV!

Just curious, is the view from the rest of the rows improved or is it the same as the other B&M inverts?

I noticed if you sit on the outside seats on either side it wasn't bad. The rows are really wide.

I also noticed people saying how comfortable the restraints are. They ARE super comfortable, but after so many rides, I have bruises on my collar bones today, both sides. That could be because I am skinny or maybe because I rode non stop yesterday. Regardless, the restraints caused bruising for me. They started to get sore on the 4th or 5th go around last night, but I am feeling it today lol. So if you ride it once or twice you won't have the issue, they didn't tighten either.

Thank you for the awesome pictures of Banshee and POV!

Just curious, is the view from the rest of the rows improved or is it the same as the other B&M inverts?

I noticed if you sit on the outside seats on either side it wasn't bad. The rows are really wide.

I also noticed people saying how comfortable the restraints are. They ARE super comfortable, but after so many rides, I have bruises on my collar bones today, both sides. That could be because I am skinny or maybe because I rode non stop yesterday. Regardless, the restraints caused bruising for me. They started to get sore on the 4th or 5th go around last night, but I am feeling it today lol. So if you ride it once or twice you won't have the issue, they didn't tighten either.

Ok, thank you for the information! I'm glad to hear the restraints are comfortable and don't tighten.

I guess I was one of the lucky few to catch Flight of Fear around 12:30.

Because my group already had several Banshee laps in on Media Day, we opted for regular Fast Lane. However, we still managed two walk-on Firehawk rides at noon. Closer to closing Banshee was down to only a 40min wait so we grabbed a night ride. I must say Banshee warmed up really well from an incredibly solid invert to one of the very best. The forces in the second vertical loop and coming out of the barrel roll into the helix are what really distinguish this invert away from the rest.

Wow! Banshee looks amazing. It'll probably be later in the year before I get to ride it. I love B&M coasters (except stand up coasters)...Glad Banshee is all it looks to be...Awesome! Hopefully after Carowinds Giga, maybe B&M might surprise us and create something new for the next lucky Cedar Fair park to get. Kings Island now looks to have the best B&M coasters out of all the Cedar Fair parks.

Here is everything I tweeted out today...

Follow us on Twitter for more updates:

Blg0nZ4CIAAP5uq.jpg

Woah! That's a lot of people already at @KingsIslandPR!

Blg1EDiCIAExixk.jpg

Wow! Crazy!

Blg8zETCMAE3Jnv.jpg

Line to get tickets for @KingsIslandPR stretches out to the parking lot!

[vine]

[/vine]

Here is the crowd of people at opening day

Blg_SsACAAAXmQG.jpg

Line for Banshee is across front plaza

BlhFhKwCYAAlsHq.jpg

The first 5,000 Banshee riders are getting "first rider" t-shirts

BlhGSEPCQAEYLDd.jpg

Current line for Banshee @KingsIslandPR starts around back of Tower. Heard it's 5 hours.

[vine]

[/vine]

Current line for Banshee @KingsIslandPR is about 5 hours!

BlhMFrcCAAAKvW0.jpg

Even the rope ladder game @KingsIslandPR is tricked out with Banshee and The Bat!

BlhM8rJCcAAx1kN.jpg

While Banshee @KingsIslandPR is five hours, FaceOff is a walk on!

BlhRXG9CcAAJ1Jf.jpg

Anyone had this expression on Firehawk @KingsIslandPR before?

BlhTUz6CEAA3cNb.jpg

In line for Adventure Express @KingsIslandPR and #Frozen Let it Go starts playing!

BlhUxCKCMAAha21.jpg

Doing a lap around @KingsIslandPR today getting on lots of rides!

BlhdSkmCQAAZihQ.jpg

During a FoF breakdown @KingsIslandPR the crew broke out singing Let it Go! Frozen is everywhere!!!

Blhgz2HCAAA-_Z9.jpg

Do we have any Diamondback @KingsIslandPR fans?

BlhlhJICAAA8dj5.jpg

Line for The Beast @KingsIslandPR is pretty long today! (Good thing we have Fast Lane!)

BlhnCv6CYAA0H5X.jpg

Because everyone needs a roller coaster themed flask and a skull shot glass!

BlhqiI-IgAAXX8z.jpg

60 minute wait at Stunt Coaster for the non-Fast Lane people!

Blhszv4IQAECTOW.jpg

Having some fun on Stunt Coaster

Blht3YeIYAA1dzh.jpg

We have to make a choice... Which should we ride @KingsIslandPR?

BlhuZwSCEAEbLPm.jpg

We have fire!!!

Blh1ivUCYAAynW_.jpg

Still a four hour line for Banshee @KingsIslandPR... Although not for us!

Blh6RlbCMAEPqKm.jpg

Just took another ride on Banshee @KingsIslandPR! Waited 10 minutes with Fast Lane Plus!

Blh9HrJCIAAnsj8.jpg

YESSSSS! I was the first rider ever on Banshee @KingsIslandPR! I got a t-shirt to prove it!

[vine]

[/vine]

Took two rides on Banshee @KingsIslandPR in 15 minutes on opening day thanks to Fast Lane!

BliRt6TCQAAboI6.jpg

The park was giving out Banshee "First Rider" t-shirts almost all day today!

BliX4ugIEAAGdNR.jpg

Interesting to note that Banshee @KingsIslandPR height restriction is 52" instead of 54" like most B&M inverts.

Bliefq4CMAADKAc.jpg

Current line for Banshee @KingsIslandPR using all the overflow queue area. Still 4 hours.

Blil1V3CIAA7QrT.jpg

Was great to see the trains actually racing again

BliupBJCMAAKmvR.jpg

Been a beautiful day today @KingsIslandPR

BlivnRdCYAAv012.jpg

f you're into boy bands... You might want to catch this show @KingsIslandPR Fest Haus.

BlizxuPCIAA9e-F.jpg

Banshee even has it's own drink

Bli07sfCYAAkIhG.jpg

Taking another ride on the net re-themed and very orange The Bat!

Bli6YAACYAABgRR.jpg

Banshee station at night @KingsIslandPR What do you think?

Bli6379CUAElyCU.jpg

Current wait time for Banshee @KingsIslandPR is 90 minutes! Come out and ride!

BljAoIRCMAAFd2N.jpg

Getting a little close to Cameron on the kiddie woodie!

BljCOFNIYAATwmA.jpg

bout to take a legendary Beast "night ride!" Who ends their day @KingsIslandPR on The Beast?

BljQ4QzCUAARTKX.jpg

Was a great opening day @KingsIslandPR! Looking forward to our visit with TPR this August!

Follow us on Twitter for more updates: http://twitter.com/ThemeParkRe

I think it was around 5:30 when I vaguely remember them tearing down the tables. I was close, but didn't quite get a shirt. :-P I was also able to get a front row ride on Banshee, and I couldn't believe how amazing it was! My expectations were probably lowered a bit considering Gatekeeper's opening and people being excited about that (not comparing experiences with either rides, don't worry). This entire coaster was very fun and forceful; especially that upward helix before the inline twist Foss123 mentioned. Not to over-exaggerate anything, but I might rank it a tad higher than Montu just on experience alone! I'm not gonna start on explaining my experience waiting for it though...

We did front row twice, and we were able to catch a ride in every other row once. The consensus was that front row is the best. Honestly, any seat in the front. We traded sides each time in the front so we got to experience both sides, it doesn't matter where you sit. You feel like your flying. It's awesome.

Great pictures and great offride shots! I noticed, while watching those videos, that banshee sounds a little bit different from other loud B&Ms. Is it just from the videos or am I actually correct? Also, for those who've ridden it, how did the loops feel? Any different from the other inverts? Because they look slightly more circular.

Heading there today with the family! Hopefully crowds are better than Friday. Anyone else going? Marriot brand hotels in the Cincinnati area, even their cheap hotels, offer a 4 pack of tickets with your stay and starlight admission for $10 the day you arrive. Pretty good deal as tickets ended up about $20 each with our Town Place Suites hotel.