TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It's always great to meet new friends/acquaintances (from all coaster clubs!) yesterday at KI! When my first ride (front seat, I got lucky) on Banshee was over, It felt like my face was covered in frozen tears and snot. The day warmed up later; nice souvenirs, food and Banshee ice cream! But I had to skip out on the ice cream and leave an hour early... I had the bright idea of riding Delirium and that did me in (not enough sleep!)

779654974_2014-04-1813_54_04.jpg.1aa50d73d4806b6e0302470e26d208c6.jpg

I'm really liking my new Banshee paper weight! They were giving these out, very nice!

^^ Holy crap! That line is insane!

Ok so the question I have is what was the criteria to attend media day here? Was it that you had to be a club TPR member? Or something else? If so, is that the normal criteria that you have to have to attend a media day?

I'm speechless at that line. Never seen anything like it.

That's Diamondback's opening day line from 2009. Banshee's line, from the last images I saw, stretched to the floral clock next to the Eiffel Tower. Still very long, but that image is old.

Actually you can kind of see the floral clock in the Diamondback image, it's the black mulch square near Backlot. Usually doesn't get planted until a couple weeks into the season once the weather stays fairly warm.

Once again, that image is of Diamondback's opening day in 2009. The line for that today is probably near empty because everyone is in line for Banshee. FastLane should be completely fine besides for Banshee, but I'm even hearing not many people are buying FL+ today so it's not very long.

I'm pretty sure that shot of Diamondback's huge line is from opening day 2009.

I still find it funny that Action Zone has only suspended coasters of different types. Might as well call it "the land of hanging coasters."

EDIT: ^You beat me to it!

Here is what I've tweeted so far today...

Follow us on Twitter for more updates:

Blg0nZ4CIAAP5uq.jpg

Woah! That's a lot of people already at @KingsIslandPR!

Blg1EDiCIAExixk.jpg

Wow! Crazy!

Blg8zETCMAE3Jnv.jpg

Line to get tickets for @KingsIslandPR stretches out to the parking lot!

[vine]

[/vine]

Here is the crowd of people at opening day

Blg_SsACAAAXmQG.jpg

Line for Banshee is across front plaza

BlhFhKwCYAAlsHq.jpg

The first 5,000 Banshee riders are getting "first rider" t-shirts

BlhGSEPCQAEYLDd.jpg

Current line for Banshee @KingsIslandPR starts around back of Tower. Heard it's 5 hours.

[vine]

[/vine]

Current line for Banshee @KingsIslandPR is about 5 hours!

BlhMFrcCAAAKvW0.jpg

Even the rope ladder game @KingsIslandPR is tricked out with Banshee and The Bat!

BlhM8rJCcAAx1kN.jpg

While Banshee @KingsIslandPR is five hours, FaceOff is a walk on!

BlhRXG9CcAAJ1Jf.jpg

Anyone had this expression on Firehawk @KingsIslandPR before?

BlhTUz6CEAA3cNb.jpg

In line for Adventure Express @KingsIslandPR and #Frozen Let it Go starts playing!

BlhUxCKCMAAha21.jpg

Doing a lap around @KingsIslandPR today getting on lots of rides!

BlhdSkmCQAAZihQ.jpg

During a FoF breakdown @KingsIslandPR the crew broke out singing Let it Go! Frozen is everywhere!!!

Blhgz2HCAAA-_Z9.jpg

Do we have any Diamondback @KingsIslandPR fans?

BlhlhJICAAA8dj5.jpg

Line for The Beast @KingsIslandPR is pretty long today! (Good thing we have Fast Lane!)

BlhnCv6CYAA0H5X.jpg

Because everyone needs a roller coaster themed flask and a skull shot glass!

BlhqiI-IgAAXX8z.jpg

60 minute wait at Stunt Coaster for the non-Fast Lane people!

Blhszv4IQAECTOW.jpg

Having some fun on Stunt Coaster

Blht3YeIYAA1dzh.jpg

We have to make a choice... Which should we ride @KingsIslandPR?

BlhuZwSCEAEbLPm.jpg

We have fire!!!

Blh1ivUCYAAynW_.jpg

Still a four hour line for Banshee @KingsIslandPR... Although not for us!

Blh6RlbCMAEPqKm.jpg

Just took another ride on Banshee @KingsIslandPR! Waited 10 minutes with Fast Lane Plus!

Blh9HrJCIAAnsj8.jpg

YESSSSS! I was the first rider ever on Banshee @KingsIslandPR! I got a t-shirt to prove it!

[vine]

[/vine]

Took two rides on Banshee @KingsIslandPR in 15 minutes on opening day thanks to Fast Lane!

BliRt6TCQAAboI6.jpg

The park was giving out Banshee "First Rider" t-shirts almost all day today!

BliX4ugIEAAGdNR.jpg

Interesting to note that Banshee @KingsIslandPR height restriction is 52" instead of 54" like most B&M inverts.

Bliefq4CMAADKAc.jpg

Current line for Banshee @KingsIslandPR using all the overflow queue area. Still 4 hours.

Follow us on Twitter for more updates:

Edited by robbalvey

Since I have yet to see a tightening restraint complaint, I would love to see these type of trains on the rougher B&M inverts.

That would be a costly investment. That would require a complete overhaul of the restraint system.

Rule of thumb: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Can't get enough of Banshee at Kings Island? Then check out my video from media day!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The Banshee looks like it's hauling in your video! I'm glad that this ride is comparable to older B&M inverts. I'm also surprised at how many people said it's even better than Raptor!

Since I have yet to see a tightening restraint complaint, I would love to see these type of trains on the rougher B&M inverts.

That would be a costly investment. That would require a complete overhaul of the restraint system.

Rule of thumb: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I said I would love to see it happen doesn't mean I think it would. And yes I know that it would be very costly. I do think it's safe to say we could probably be seeing these on future B&M inverts.

Opening weekend has been a good one. First media day ride at about 550am was very fun. I had no idea where the heck on the track I was. Loved that! Scream for a kid again went very well. The only problem was that banshee tried to force air or otherwise out of my body. Things turned out OK. I wouldn't say the restraints are uncomfortable but they do put a squeeze on. I got in 7 rides including one today. Even though Robb gave me a hard time I waited 4 and a half hrs anyway. The extended queue has good views of the ride. I'll get pics and video up later. The park was packed but the weather was perfect. New this year at ki are pass holder events including Ert in may and breakfast with the peanuts characters and dinos. There's also a luau in July. 2014 is off to a great start.