TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^ & ^^Yikes! I'll be curious to know what the actual wait times for Banshee will be throughout the weekend. It certainly looks like Fast Lane Plus would be your friend for those in attendance (or probably just about every weekend from here on out).

In fact, I was just telling the partner last night that I would like to go check this coaster out this summer, but that we would definitely plan on getting FLP for the day in order to avoid the long wait times.

Glad to hear that you had a great ride on The Beast, Robb...I absolutely loved my ride in the front seat (in the dark) a couple of years ago. One of the best rides I have ever had on an old fashioned wooden coaster. Still not sure if seat choice is a determinant of quality because my partner and sister took the third and fourth rows and both said they had awful, painful rides.

Good to know that they are still working on improvements, retracking, etc...I agree with others that RMC would not be the way to go with this coaster.

It's great to see King's Island join the B&M club with another awesome addition. Banshee looks like a blast to ride. It's nice to hear that this ride is bringing back some of the classic B&M intensity reminiscent of rides like Montu and Kumba.

I am going on a limb and saying that it has to do with the restraints. Only reason I say that, last night they were having minor problems with them locking last night. One or two seats would not lock. I am guess that is the cause. The RO was telling the crew the 1,1 was not locked.

This by no means makes this official, it is a guess.

In line now... B&M guy and Maint crew working on final friction brakes the last 45min it has been down. Line I would estimate at 4-6hrs easily at this point. Running three trains but stacking so bad when it is up it is practically one train op.

It did reopen but ran two trains with people and down again. Work in progress on final brakes.

Question: are openings cursed??

I think whenever a ride is brand new there are going to be some kinks which is probably why rides break down more than normal on opening day. Combine that with ride operators that are unfamiliar with the ride and breakdowns are understandable.

Just finished marathoning Banshee for A Kid Again. They gave me two KI tickets just because WoW! (It was supposed to be for the top three donation receivers).As for Banshee, I noticed the rear of the train is pretty chattery / jackhammer-ish on the outside seats. The inside seats are smooth as butter. Strange because they are 5 inches apart and the wheel is right in the middle of them. Anything from the middle to the front is SUPER SMOOTH. Inside very back rear is the most intense, but also the roughest.

It's a great coaster. Just as forceful as Raptor and the last slow roll into the helix is AWESOME!! 27 rides. I may be the record holder haha. I took #20 with Rob Alvey himself.

Umm. Excuse me. You forgot the "superfluous B"

Glad Banshee is getting some positive cred. Makes me look forward to this more than I was on the Mini New Hotness.

I was there and left. No freakin' way. Banshee lines must be 8 hrs long. They will hit full capacity today guaranteed. If you plan on going, stay home.

Or go ride almost anything else.

Opening days for big new rides are always busy. That's why I tend to avoid them.

Edited by cfc