TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Just finished marathoning Banshee for A Kid Again. They gave me two KI tickets just because WoW! (It was supposed to be for the top three donation receivers).As for Banshee, I noticed the rear of the train is pretty chattery / jackhammer-ish on the outside seats. The inside seats are smooth as butter. Strange because they are 5 inches apart and the wheel is right in the middle of them. Anything from the middle to the front is SUPER SMOOTH. Inside very back rear is the most intense, but also the roughest.

It's a great coaster. Just as forceful as Raptor and the last slow roll into the helix is AWESOME!! 27 rides. I may be the record holder haha. I took #20 with Rob Alvey himself.

Well, we just got back to the room. We rode a total of 9 tines in the two hours we were there. Rode front row twice and then rode each row once. I loved row 1, but row 6 was also an enjoyable ride for me. By the time we came back for our second ride, we walked right up. There literally was nobody there. We walked straight up to the station platform each time. It was incredible. Lived the music, the scream added a nice touch, and the ride had some really nice forces. I would have liked more floating, but the positive Gs were all there. The first drop and then the drop after the zero g roll were fantastic. I hope all B&Ms use these restraints on them from here on out. So comfortable. I see what people meant about it rubbing on your collar bone, but that didn't happen really until our 4th or 5th ride in. I'm looking forward to seeing the opening day crowds at Banshee. Will post photos tomorrow!

It's a great coaster. Just as forceful as Raptor and the last slow roll into the helix is AWESOME!!

On tape that slow tool looks kind of dull and appears to be a disappointing end to an exciting layout, good to hear that is not the case. As forceful as Raptor? That's awesome, I've always found Raptor to be very intense and highly underrated in the world of inverted coasters.

The ride is incredible. This day has been amazing. I met Robb, thank you for the button and it end with the Scream for a kid Again event. I got a pleasant surprise when I found out I raised the fifth most.

It's nice to see such positive thoughts on Banshee. Like others have said, GateKeeper was way over-hyped but was sort of a letdown. And Banshee is the opposite! People went from "ugh it's going to be another forceless B&M" to "that was actually a REALLY good ride"!

I'm looking forward to this 10x more than GateKeeper and Diamondback (the 3 big B&M credits I'm going to get) on my family's Cedar Point/Kings Island/Kentucky Kingdom trip this July! Hopefully Lightning Run will get just as good reviews.

Glad to hear Banshee is generally well liked. I find it kind of funny that this ride ended up the opposite of GateKeeper (GateKeeper had lots of excitement but became a letdown while Banshee seems to have had a lot of negativity and become a hit). I can't wait to ride this summer during the TPR Mini New Hotness trip.

That honestly may have a lot to do with the view on both of these rides. Gatekeeper was disappointing and Banshee seems to be surprising. I wonder what an unbiased evaluation of both rides, unaffected by pre-opening hype would be like.

^ It's all about expectations. It's the same for everything. If you have high expectations, 90% of the time it won't meet them and you'll be let down. If you have low expectations you'll be pleasantly surprised. There's exceptions on both sides, of course, but that's the gist of it.

Looks like it was a great event! I had a blast at GateKeeper's media day last year and unfortunately I had to cancel last minute on this one. I was very disappointed but I'm hoping to be able to ride Banshee many times in the summer.

And it's great to hear all the positive reviews on Banshee. A return to some of the old school B&M forces?! Makes me that much more excited to ride. Thanks for keeping us posted with lots of pictures and updates!

How is Banshee's seats? Are they really inclined like those of Wing Coasters or are they as straight up as those of the older style trains? Are the seats very high just like the Intamin inverts?

I haven't ridden it but based on some footage and pictures they look more on the reclined side. Definitely not as straight up as on the older inverts, I would say.

How is Banshee's seats? Are they really inclined like those of Wing Coasters or are they as straight up as those of the older style trains? Are the seats very high just like the Intamin inverts?

They are reclined like the Wing Coasters, at least it felt like that to me. I feel that is the reason they can get away without the dropping floor. Seats and restraints were really comfortable too!

Now I really need to make a trip to Ohio. Banshee looks great and I'm glad to hear everyone liked it!

I also find it interesting when parks leave old ride remains. I guess they use the station for haunted houses during Halloween Haunt, like KD does with Hypersonic's old station. One loss is another gain!