TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Thanks for posting, guys...the coaster and theming look great!

Good to see Kings Island get another world class roller coaster - they really needed this. Haven't been there for three years, but may make the trek down there at some point this summer.

I think the scream would be annoying, especially if it can be heard from the parking lot. But, again thanks for the AMAZING photos!

You are more then welcome!! I was that person asking for photos when gatekeeper was going on. It is no big deal!:)

Amazing ride. Had five laps so far (2x front, back, two middle) and prefer front overall. Inverts are my favorite, so I am happy to say it did not disappoint. Love the first half and ending sequence. Batwing is the only element that I was disappointed in... Transition in and out just too gradual and floaty. All else is awesome though. Top ride for me!

Everyone seems to really enjoy the ride. Time to hop on ride #7!

Can someone who has rode Banshee today tell me their opinion if it is better than Raptor, about equal or worse in terms of overall ride experience?

I would say they are very close. Raptor is one of my top 3 coasters. Hard to say which is better though.

IMO a ride doesn't needs a ton of forces to be enjoyable. So I think this thing just looks amazing.

Also the fog is a very nice touch too. I'm sure when I visit it wont be that strong though, it still looks awesome. I really like the Banshee scream on the lift hill too. But I can see how hearing that constantly could get annoying.

Just got back from media day. Banshee is awesome! It's pretty forceful! Not quite Raptor forceful but close! The second zero G roll gives weird side airtime. The second drop into the pretzel loop is intense!! GREAT THEMING! All the lights project Banshee images on the walls and ground! Fog everywhere! The station lights flicker and dim! Son of Beast has it's own tomb with an eternal flame! Another great media day from Cedar Fair!

I also found Rob Decker's Marriot hotel room key on the ground and gave it back to him. He was quite grateful!! Had a good chat with him, i can't believe he remembered me from last year too!

Batwing is the only element that I was disappointed in... Transition in and out just too gradual and floaty. Time to hop on ride #7!

I'm the type of person who likes the gradual transitions, I think I would like it. How are the lines? If you've already made that many laps on it, how is it per wait? Anyone who was at media day today can answer that.

So on those days when you are waiting 2 hours in line, you will get pretty annoyed by it.

Banshee is a B&M, I doubt that it will have 2 hour lines

On most days it will be longer than 2 hours.

Other than the first day it opened to the public, when was the last time Diamondback had a 2 Hour Queue? Even on Saturdays in July in '09 and '10 the Queue never got past 1 Hour.

So on those days when you are waiting 2 hours in line, you will get pretty annoyed by it.

Other than the first day it opened to the public, when was the last time Diamondback had a 2 Hour Queue? Even on Saturdays in July in '09 and '10 the Queue never got past 1 Hour.

I know I've sat in a 3 hour DB queue before.. I was figuring Banshee would be the same.

I would also recommend hitting Banshee last on your way out of the park because most people head there as soon as they walk in the park considering it's right by the entrance.

How about The Bat? (Still need to get used to this name) is it getting smoother? Did the trains get significant improvements?

I just got back. The Bat is the same...just orange. It took about 15 minutes to get through Banshee's line most of the times that I rode. I loved it. I think Kings Island did an amazing job. Even with the oversized elements, the ride never let up and delivered thrills until the very end. The inline twist into the helix is a great finale. I approve.

Thanks to Robb for posting the awesome video!!!! That light look pretty bright during the night video...lol

The new restraints do not appear to have been an issue as some have posted. I love the color scheme of the ride and the theme was pretty cool around the que area.

Oh, the Banshee scream at top of the lift was a nice touch as well

I rode Diamondback on opening day in 2009 and I swear I didn't wait more than twenty minutes.

Banshee exceeded my expectations! Had you asked me after my first two rides, I would have said I still prefer Raptor, but once it warmed up, the ride was hauling. I think I can say with some confidence that Banshee has become my favorite invert. (I have not ridden Montu or Nemesis.)

The ride has a great first drop (especially in the back right), followed my 2 mediocre inversions. The zero-gravity roll is true to its name and doesn't lack in speed. After that, the ride speeds up and has some serious forces through the batwing/pretzel knot. Positive forces are sustained through the speedy vertical loop. While the ride is overall marginally more intense in the back, the most intense moment you can experience on the ride actually occurs in the front seat, during the turn from the loop to the in-line twist. The in-line twist provided some nice hang time as the ride move very slowly through it. A final, forceful but not as forceful as Raptor's, helix caps off this incredible ride.