TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Yeah, this actually looks like a pretty fun ride. I was a naysayer this whole time and there's still some things that I'm on the fence about (namely the barrel rolls) but after seeing the POV this does looks like a very fun ride!

Now I just need to get back to KI and give it a try myself!

The station looks awesome, pretty impressed with everything about this project so far!

It's an improvement over the standard "barn" stadiums that Cedar Fair has been building over the last few years (for example, Dominator's station at Kings Dominion). It shows how a little extra bit of creativity and effort can go a long way.

^I've also asked this question and, so far, nobody has complained. The answer I got was:

They don't tighten at all. They have so far been very comfortable. If not my favorite invert restraints.

The restraints are essentially the same design as on Gatekeeper, but there is give to the vests at the top where they go over the shoulder. There is no tightening through the course of the ride. Because the vests are in constant contact with the collarbone, a very thin person like me can have some slight discomfort I don't think it's a big deal at all and I find the slight adjustment a big improvement from the wing coasters.

Edited by The Great Zo

Just got back from media day and was really pleasantly surprised with Banshee! It's smooth, comfortable, and just really really fun! Being in a rush to get out of my house this morning I forgot to take my good camera to get pictures, but it looks terrific! Themeing looks great, a little too much on the fog by the Banshee sign but who cares, it looks great! Kings Island has got a real winner with Banshee!

Yea I forgot my good camera also, been taking these on my phone all day!:)

Just got back from media day and was really pleasantly surprised with Banshee! It's smooth, comfortable, and just really really fun! Being in a rush to get out of my house this morning I forgot to take my good camera to get pictures, but it looks terrific! Themeing looks great, a little too much on the fog by the Banshee sign but who cares, it looks great! Kings Island has got a real winner with Banshee!

Yea I forgot my good camera also, been taking these on my phone all day!:)

I guess I'll just have to go back this weekend to take pictures and ride it again, oh woe is me.

Just got back from media day also! Banshee is a great addition! Not the most forceful overall, but from the zero-g roll down the hill and through the pretzel section, you are stapled to your seat. The last barrel roll is pretty slow and gives you that nervous "fall out" feeling. They were only running 2 trains and stacking them, but that's to be expected. I'm sure once the crew gets into the swing, they will be doing 3 trains with no stacking. My only complaint is the "screaming banshee" sound. Everytime a train crests the hill it goes off, and the videos in the que play it also. So on those days when you are waiting 2 hours in line, you will get pretty annoyed by it.

On another note, there really isn't a "tombstone" for SOB, it seriously is a large stone structure with a plaque on it "SOB 2000-2009" and it has an eternal flame on the top of it!! Hilarious and classy!

Can you get a picture of the trains in the station? I know you got a picture of the station ceiling but I wonder what the whole thing looks like. Something like the train loading would be great.

Oh, and thanks for being our guinea pig for photos today! We really enjoy them! Sorry for asking for so many photos, You just take amazing photos!!

Edited by Diamondbacker27

Can you get a picture of the trains in the station? I know you got a picture of the station ceiling but I wonder what the whole thing looks like. Something like the train loading would be great.

Oh, and thanks for being our guinea pig for photos today! We really enjoy them!

You're asking for a lot! People are focused on having fun, and will post every little tiny speck and detail when the event is done. So be patient and wait to take pictures of every chip of paint and handrail when you go ride it yourself!

Oh, and thanks for being our guinea pig for photos today! We really enjoy them!

I have no problem taking that photo for you tonight. You're hardly asking for anything. It takes 2 seconds to take this picture, not really a fun ruining amount of time lmao. If you don't mind waiting until tonight, I'll post it while I'm waiting to board or something.

So for those that have ridden it, would you say it is your favorite invert? I have already heard some say that they like it more than Montu, which is arguably the best invert, but is love to hear from a mass group of people whether they think its the best or just one of the best.