TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^Its a fantastic example. When everyone saw the POV, it didn't look like anything special. Just a coaster with a tall hill. Then everyone rode it and realized how extreme it really was. I honestly can't think of a better example than that when it comes to POV deception. I didn't really care for Skyrush but I will say the POV was indeed very deceiving.

I'd suggest showing up with no expectations whatsoever, and just have a good ride! There's really no sense in being an enthusiast if you complain about stupid stuff like this.

Post of the year! I see this all over the place, people nitpicking at everything. "No ejector air?" "2.5 gs? I want 5 gs!!!" I go to amusement parks for the fun, not as a judge.

NEW TESTING VIDEO

Update* I was trying to make it easier for you peeps haha.

This is has been out for about a month I think. It was either posted here or on Kicentral before. I can't remeber.

A month? That video was posted 2 weeks ago...at least it was posted on YouTube 2 weeks ago.

NEW TESTING VIDEO

Update* I was trying to make it easier for you peeps haha.

This is has been out for about a month I think. It was either posted here or on Kicentral before. I can't remeber.

A month? That video was posted 2 weeks ago...at least it was posted on YouTube 2 weeks ago.

Yeah it's about 40 pages back on 942, but don't worry about double posting it. I know it's hard to know if something has already been posted.

Now I'm wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm going to this park on the first Saturday in May. Do you think it is worth it for me to wait the longer time so I can get a ride on Banshee, or make sure I get I get in all the other rides and ditch Banshee. I'm currently edging towards the latter. Thoughts?

@Robb, thanks for the info on B&M changing from Stengel to "in-house" designers. Never heard, or thought, of that when comparing the differences betweeen the older B&M's to their newer creations. It makes all the world of sense really. Also, it strengthens my appreciation and favoritism for Stengel Engineering in modern times and coaster history.

In regards to Banshee, the ride looks increasingly amazing. We've all seen how beautifully bada$$ the track/layout looks and with the development of the theming/quene the whole aspect of the ride is really coming into view. The sign looks really unique and the theming is "adequate" to say the least. The quene, from what I've seen, could be better, but oh well.

Only question I have is, if anyone knows if the stations walls' color scheme/paint is finished? I really find the 'Mindcraftesque', blocky blue, visually displeasing for the overall color and theme of the ride.

Anxiously anticipating media day and some third-party pics.

Just caught The Bat in action! Check out those new train colors!

Nice catch. I really like the track colors, but the scheme on that train not so much. Having the same, or similar, primary color as the track doesn't look too good. I'd rather see the primary as black, secondary (gray) the same, and the stripe down the side as orange. Hopefully, that's what the other train looks like.

I can't wait to see what the "new" Bat looks like in a twilight setting with the leaves grown in.

@Robb, thanks for the info on B&M changing from Stengel to "in-house" designers. Never heard, or thought, of that when comparing the differences betweeen the older B&M's to their newer creations. It makes all the world of sense really. Also, it strengthens my appreciation and favoritism for Stengel Engineering in modern times and coaster history.

It's more to it than just that, if B&M wanted to keep building the intense rides they were doing in the 90's then they are more than capable of it without the Stengel firms involvement. The truth is that something has changed in the company's philosophy of what is a great coaster, and that is probably why the partnership with Stengel ended.

Why this change was made we will probably only speculate about, but it is most likely a combination of things. For an example maintenance is probably one part of it, like Sid said. Another part is probably that they wanted their rides to be more accessible to a broader range of audience.

There are probably more reason as well, these were just guesses.

I would love to see a Sky Scrapper clone somewhere in Europe, or the US, as it seems to be a modern taste of the "glory days".

So what do you all think of getting a Team TPR picture at Banshee Media Day? Say...everyone meet in front of the Banshee 3D sign at a certain time? 9Am, 10AM, 11AM?I'm flexible. Not sure if everyone is staying until the end. Maybe take it after everyone has had a chance for some rides.

That would be awesome!!