TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^Because if the seatbelt is snug around you, you won't get as much airtime as you normally would. With a B&M clamshell restraint, there's usually a little bit of wiggle room in between clicks.

Not sure about everyone else, but airtime to me is the negative g-forces acting on your body, not literally coming out of your seat.

I don't even see why we are talking about seat belts being added to DB. The only thing I saw was a false rumor on some Carowinds form. I don't see why it needs to be brought up in conversation till there are some hard facts about it actually happening.

What would a theme park forum be without wild, unfounded speculation?

Here's a shot of the new sign. It looks spectacular from up close on Kings Island Drive, though some of the smaller fonts are tough to read on I-71. Overall though, it's an obvious improvement.

Just 11 days until media day and 12 days until open!

banshee_sign.jpg.3ba9dded0ad405255da2b3df9cffb7a1.jpg

Banshee advertisement on the new Kings Island sign.

Even a more unique place like Kennywood has more terrible queues than this. Just look at how cheaply they installed Sky Rocket and Black Widow to name a couple.

You consider this terrible? I was kind of impressed with Black Widow's set-up.

12%2B-%2B1

^I'll give it to you that the Grand Entrance to Black Widow helped, the rest of the queue didn't seem so great or comfy. I don't want to destroy Kennywood in particular, but they are a good example of not having the most cushy queues that no one seems to complain about; but if Cedar Fair had something halfway close to that there would be an uproar. I guess my main ax to grind is the fact that people are expecting these luxurious queues for an "amusement" park. Cedar Fair has done way more than their competitors with their simplified ride themes, decent queues, and visually pleasing installations with Banshee, Maverick, Diamondback, and even GateKeeper (despite the open queue section) than the likes of many chains and private parks.

^I'll give it to you that the Grand Entrance to Black Widow helped, the rest of the queue didn't seem so great or comfy. I don't want to destroy Kennywood in particular, but they are a good example of not having the most cushy queues that no one seems to complain about; but if Cedar Fair had something halfway close to that there would be an uproar. I guess my main ax to grind is the fact that people are expecting these luxurious queues for an "amusement" park.

Just because a park isn't considered "highly themed" doesn't mean that said park shouldn't have queue lines built to a standard. Banshee's queue looks great and decently well-themed - until you get to that awful-looking switchback section where the only "thematic" elements are an endless supply of maroon canopies and concrete. It absolutely does NOT look like a good place to be. They could have improved it even a little bit by adding some more green space or adding some gothic-looking buildings instead of the canopies, or something.

The newest rumor is that all B&M hypercoasters are installing airbags this season.

Wow. Seat belts AND airbags on Diamondback for the 2014 season? I'm front in line! They don't even need Banshee with these kind of improvements!

The newest rumor is that all B&M hypercoasters are installing airbags this season.

Wow. Seat belts AND airbags on Diamondback for the 2014 season? I'm front in line! They don't even need Banshee with these kind of improvements!

Or the original restraints.

Even a more unique place like Kennywood has more terrible queues than this. Just look at how cheaply they installed Sky Rocket and Black Widow to name a couple.

You consider this terrible? I was kind of impressed with Black Widow's set-up.

12%2B-%2B1

This is new. That certainly did NOT look like that when I rode in 2012.

Kings island just posted on Facebook, that the first 5000 riders for Banshee will receive a "first rider" T-shirt on opening day.

That wont create chaos or anything!

At least not with the General Public. You coaster enthusiasts are going to fight over these shirts like it's water in a desert. Have fun!

At least not with the General Public. You coaster enthusiasts are going to fight over these shirts like it's water in a desert. Have fun!

First of all, aren't YOU a coaster enthusiast like most of use here based on your high level of activity on here? The Public likes "Free" no matter what it is. Perhaps the shirts will make the public get their passes processed earlier and into the park as fast as possible on Opening Day? The demand will already be there anyways for people to get on the coaster as early as possible. My only hope is that Banshee's line is flocked on Opening Day to the point it reduces other queue lines. My student budget would like to avoid Fast Lane unless it is necessary. Although, I think Saturday the 19th is going to be the pure hell day for a KI visit if the weather holds out.

Here's a shot of the new sign. It looks spectacular from up close on Kings Island Drive, though some of the smaller fonts are tough to read on I-71. Overall though, it's an obvious improvement.

"World's Longest Inverted Coaster!" Do you think the public really identifies with the entire inverted coaster terminology? Do they even know what an inverted coaster is, let alone any other inverts?

"World's Longest Inverted Coaster!" Do you think the public really identifies with the entire inverted coaster terminology? Do they even know what an inverted coaster is, let alone any other inverts?

I for one think a lot of people here don't give the "general public" enough credit, but even if the majority of people don't identify with the term "inverted coaster", that's not really what's important. What' important is the word "longest", and THAT'S what people are going to really be paying attention to. King's Island just had to throw the word "inverted" in there to make their claim legitimate. But people aren't going to care what inverted means, they're just going to be extra excited to be riding the world's longest anything. Not to mention, passerby who don't necessarily have the intention of visiting King's Island will see that they broke some sort of record and realize they're a big-time amusement park maybe worth checking out one day.

As for everyone complaining about queue lines.....would it be possible to have the longer waiting lines and endless switchbacks built with some kind of comfortable padding instead of concrete? That would do wonders for sore feet from walking all day......

Kings island just posted on Facebook, that the first 5000 riders for Banshee will receive a "first rider" T-shirt on opening day.

That wont create chaos or anything!

Hand out the shirts as riders exit the station platform, block off the ride exit so no one tries to sneak a shirt by just walking up the exit to the platform. Done.