TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Oops! Sorry! The video still blows my mind!

Thanks for the play-by-play for embedding a video. I tried that and when I preview it, it didn't seem to work. I also tried posting it a couple times and it wasn't working. Must have been something on my end!

Actually, now that you say that I remember it wasn't working when I posted it. I had to try a few times.

But that's not very common, it's only happened to me around twice.

As cool as that sounds, I think it would be ripping off Holiday world. Plus, the two parks are only a couple of hours from each other.

So.. every other park has a 'western' themed area, but having another park with a Halloween themed area would be a ripoff??

As cool as that sounds, I think it would be ripping off Holiday world. Plus, the two parks are only a couple of hours from each other.

So.. every other park has a 'western' themed area, but having another park with a Halloween themed area would be a ripoff??

I agree. You could go one step further and question zoos and aquariums for that matter. They all have the same animals right?

I found this on Reddit. It's title was "My friends and I rode Son of Beast two weeks before it closed forever. Their reactions are priceless"

HAHAHAHAHA So true. I'm glad that thing is gone. It was menacing in size, but sucked big time.

I don't think I ever had a BAD ride on SOB. Of course as a general rule, I sit in the front row, or as close to the front of the train as possible on wooden coasters.

I found this on Reddit. It's title was "My friends and I rode Son of Beast two weeks before it closed forever. Their reactions are priceless"

HAHAHAHAHA So true. I'm glad that thing is gone. It was menacing in size, but sucked big time.

I don't think I ever had a BAD ride on SOB. Of course as a general rule, I sit in the front row, or as close to the front of the train as possible on wooden coasters.

You've never sat in the back for El Toro? Oh you poor thing.

Haha, not quite El Toro, but Apocalypse (SFMM) needs to be ridden in the back!

Actually yes, I have. Of my 3 times, my best ride was in row 4 on El Toro.

I was expecting more from El Toro. Voyage gives a much better, out of control ride.

I know this is changing the subject, but it's something that's been on my mind.

So I was reading on Wikipedia that the height of Banshee's lift hill is 167ft, and the first drop it 150ft. I also notice that the station is at least 10 or so feet off the ground. Does the 167ft. estimate include that height, or are we really 177ft. or so off the ground at the top of the lift?

Sorry, still a little new to the scene. And, as sad as this sounds, it will probably be the tallest lift hill I will have ascended in my abbreviated career as a coaster enthusiast.

I know this is changing the subject, but it's something that's been on my mind.

So I was reading on Wikipedia that the height of Banshee's lift hill is 167ft, and the first drop it 150ft. I also notice that the station is at least 10 or so feet off the ground. Does the 167ft. estimate include that height, or are we really 177ft. or so off the ground at the top of the lift?

Sorry, still a little new to the scene. And, as sad as this sounds, it will probably be the tallest lift hill I will have ascended in my abbreviated career as a coaster enthusiast.

The elevation of the total structure is 167 feet at its highest. The lift hill just starts about 10 feet off the ground.

So I'm planning to go to the park and I've got three options, April 19th, 26 or May 3. Anyone who knows the park have any suggestions on what day will be the best, I know weather would be a big factor, but Is opening weekend going to be packed?

When I've visited KI, I've usually ended up going on Saturdays, and I've purchased the FLP to get the most out of the day. Historically, that has afforded me the ability to ride all the coasters twice-ish by early afternoon, then go do something else for a little while (once I went and saw the Dark Knight in IMAX; other times I've gone to the waterpark till it closed). Then there's usually enough time left in the evening to go back and hit all the highlights again another time or two (or three for the really fun ones).

Of all the coasters at KI, Diamondback is the one I usually end up re-riding a bunch back-to-back. Most of the others can get stale after a couple of re-rides, but the Beast at night is a definite must. My guess is Banshee at night will also be pretty sweet.

If Banshee gets FastLane I'm guessing it will be about a 15 minute wait with FastLane, considering Gatekeeper was about the same. Diamondback is usually a re-ride all day with FastLane, or most of the time. Beast with FastLane when I went ( before FLP) was about a 30 minutes wait with it. Most coasters your going to get on fast with FastLane. If you don't get FastLane you could be looking at 2/3/4 hour waits.

Actually yes, I have. Of my 3 times, my best ride was in row 4 on El Toro.

I was expecting more from El Toro. Voyage gives a much better, out of control ride.

So you've never had a bad ride on Son of Beast and you prefer Voyage to El Toro. Are you sure you're not just one of those people that loves being in pain? lol

It doesn't necessarily have to be "halloween" themed. It could be just a general spooky theme. I could see the area being called something like "the cemetery" or "haunted grounds" or something along those lines.

Now that would be a great idea. Something like spooky hallow or something along those lines.