TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^I believe Banshee can and will run 3 trains. Leviathan is similar in having no MCBR, and it can run 3 trains quite smoothly. One train must be past the first set of brakes on the final brake run before another train can release from the lift hill.

Can and will?

^If they decided it would have three it's probably because they really thing they will be able to run them all, otherwise they would've chosen just two.

So I'm guessing it will run all three.

There are enough blocks in the system for a 3-train operation. Lift, station, and I believe the brake run is split into 2, possibly 3. A mid-course brake run isn't always needed for a 3-train operation.

When the first train is dispatched, the second train pulls into the station. From the time the first train has left the lift hill to when at the interval time, probably near the in-line roll, the second train would be dispatched to the lift, the the third pulls into the station. There's chance a train will be sitting on the brake run waiting for the station train to be dispatched, but it shouldn't be very long. As soon as the station train is ready to be dispatched at the interval time, it can head for the lift, but has to wait for the train that's currently on the course to clear the first brake run block before it can leave the lift. That can be done by the computer slowing down the lift if it's dispatched a bit too early.

That could possibly be a bit confusing as I'm reading it myself, but I can visualize it pretty well in my head. Leviathan is a good example of a 3-train operation without a mid-course brake run. This still shouldn't bother capacity too much, still holds up to 96 riders at any given time.

There are enough blocks in the system for a 3-train operation. Lift, station, and I believe the brake run is split into 2, possibly 3. A mid-course brake run isn't always needed for a 3-train operation.

When the first train is dispatched, the second train pulls into the station. From the time the first train has left the lift hill to when at the interval time, probably near the in-line roll, the second train would be dispatched to the lift, the the third pulls into the station. There's chance a train will be sitting on the brake run waiting for the station train to be dispatched, but it shouldn't be very long. As soon as the station train is ready to be dispatched at the interval time, it can head for the lift, but has to wait for the train that's currently on the course to clear the first brake run block before it can leave the lift. That can be done by the computer slowing down the lift if it's dispatched a bit too early.

That could possibly be a bit confusing as I'm reading it myself, but I can visualize it pretty well in my head. Leviathan is a good example of a 3-train operation without a mid-course brake run. This still shouldn't bother capacity too much, still holds up to 96 riders at any given time.

No actually you explained that well, it makes perfect sense to me.

^I believe Banshee can and will run 3 trains. Leviathan is similar in having no MCBR, and it can run 3 trains quite smoothly. One train must be past the first set of brakes on the final brake run before another train can release from the lift hill.

Can and will?

I mean it is capable of running 3, and it will run 3. Wasn't it confirmed by the park sometime back?

Just wanted to share this Youtube video which shows Banshee testing from far away. I know you can't see everything clearly, but it's a great angle for showing the uniqueness of the angle of the first drop. It also shows the ride in comparison to the rest of the KI skyline. Pretty cool if you ask me!

(Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to embed the video!)

Leviathan has 5 blocks. Banshee should have 5 also but that brake run looks a little shorter than Leviathan's so it may just have 4.

Banshee has 5 blocks.

Station -Transfer - Brake 1- Brake 2 - lift

If the Transfer or brake 1 has a problem, the next train coming in will need to stop on brake 2.

Once the train leaves the lift, it is heading to Brake 2.

^Well, if Action Zone is to undergo a name change, it should have a Halloween name, the area of the park in "witch" every day is Halloween. You already have the scary-looking rides, so give them scary names and repaint the area so it can look "spooky". It is about time another park had a Halloween-themed area besides Holiday World.

^I think it's posted a couple of pages back. (in fact I think it was me who posted it anyway)

Anyway, to "embed" a video you just copy the youtube link and, when posting, click on the last option above the text box (the one that says youtube) and then you get this: and paste the link into the middle of those two.

Oops! Sorry! The video still blows my mind!

Thanks for the play-by-play for embedding a video. I tried that and when I preview it, it didn't seem to work. I also tried posting it a couple times and it wasn't working. Must have been something on my end!