TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

This webcam grab should put some perspective on the sheer size of the batwing:

Having ridden Montu today (and really enjoying the forces through the batwing), I don't know that Banshee will be going fast enough throughout the entire element for it to be anywhere near the same.

Having said that, though...one of my favorite things at BGT is the Immelmann on SheiKra and how (in the back row and on the far right edge, at least) you get gentle floater air and also a gentle twist at the same time, really letting you enjoy the zero-g moment. I hope that if Banshee doesn't whip you around the tops of the batwing like Montu, it at least gives the same sort of twisty-floaty experience as what I encountered on SheiKra (and then takes you into massive positive G's at the bottom).

This webcam grab should put some perspective on the sheer size of the batwing:

Having ridden Montu today (and really enjoying the forces through the batwing), I don't know that Banshee will be going fast enough throughout the entire element for it to be anywhere near the same.

Having said that, though...one of my favorite things at BGT is the Immelmann on SheiKra and how (in the back row and on the far right edge, at least) you get gentle floater air and also a gentle twist at the same time, really letting you enjoy the zero-g moment. I hope that if Banshee doesn't whip you around the tops of the batwing like Montu, it at least gives the same sort of twisty-floaty experience as what I encountered on SheiKra (and then takes you into massive positive G's at the bottom).

I think that any light forces/zero g will not be felt the same way as they would be with the old restraints, like Sheikra. So I would like this to focus more on positive Gs, like older B&M inverts did.

Montu's & Banshee's batwings are designed differently. Motnu's is broken into segments, with snappy transitions. Banshee's flows more uniformly.

The bottom of the drop and the helix at the end look pretty good, but other than that I really don't expect much from this thing. The roll is the most disappointing part to me - it looks like they designed it for a wing rider instead of an invert, and as a result it has no snap to it at all. Shame, because the 0-G was always a highlight for any old-school B&M.

Montu's & Banshee's batwings are designed differently. Motnu's is broken into segments, with snappy transitions. Banshee's flows more uniformly.

Also, the exit of the batwing passes under the entrance rather than to the side.

This is more like the "pretzel knott" element used on Moonsault Scramble than a true batwing used by many Arrow loopers, and Montu and Afterburn

qz28ol.thumb.jpg.2f4781ab16e273d9a9552186718b8206.jpg

exit passes under the entrance

ljn00000016405f001ivpk.jpg.025ad44daeb72f297650a274eedf208e.jpg

exit side-by-side with the entrance

^I was talking about the first roll, that would usually be a snappy 0-G but on this ride looks very drawn out and slow. But I agree on the heartline - it's a very odd ending, but it's grown on me a little bit since it was announced.

Oops! Anyway, I agree with the zero g: it truly is one of the best moments of the older inverts and it's a shame that they have done for the more drawn out one.

Even Great Bear - a ride everyone loves to hate on but man, that roll is one of the best out there I think!

I don't think Great Bear gets enough credit for it's unique layout.

Agree with both of you: the zero g really is one of the fastest ones and even though it's not my favourite invert it's a very very solid ride with some nice forceful moments. I really liked the turn after the zero g as, while entering it, the train sort of goes down a bit giving a pop of air and the turn itself was pretty forceful. It's just that ending that, well... could be better (to say the least).

P.S. I also love how loud the bear is!

Just found this video of some testing action where you can sort of see most of the course. And I have to say, given that this is just still testing, I though it would carry less speed through those elements.