TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I also just realized that I URL'd the LIVE FEED...so the next time someone looks at this, it could be a different. I feel bad if you're reading this 8 hrs from now and think I'm on crack because you can't see jack because it's nighttime......An accident, but also kind of awesome!

Just want to bring it to everyone's attention that The Bat paint job looks complete! Wonder if it will be open during Media Day???? Thoughts?

I am SO READY TO RIDE COASTERS!

Hopefully everyone can see the photo??? Still new the forum!

Love orange paint jobs on coasters (Goliaths, Dominator, Titan)

Kings Island and Cedar Fair are aiming at family friendly rides, so, there for the rides can't have a lot of forces. They aren't just trying to please us in the coaster world, but every single visitor.

NORMALLY, I would play that logic as well but it's being marketed as an extreme thrill ride. Everything that we've seen so far in Kings Island's marketing has been "scary". The Banshee logo, the Banshee scream, the dark paint job, the intended visual effects and the way they've described the coaster all seem to be that way.

From the way the live feed looks. It appears as if they are actually putting and ADDITIONAL layer of paint on the track so it is starting to appear more red-orange than orange......wonder why that is? Still fantastic paint job! Totally new life breathed into an old favorite (at least one of mine).

It surprised me to see them brushing the paint on, I always figured amusement parks spray-painted rides.

+1. This also caught me off guard.

I think the orange is going to look even better when the trees get green.

inB4 GP claiming The Bat to be a newly built ride.

Lol. I've been thinking that. Something along the lines of "KI went all out making 2 new

rides after they demolished SoB."

On another note, I really like the color schemes chosen for Banshee and The Bat, but also

the fact that they renamed Top Gun/Flight Deck to The Bat. IMHO, they should have

done that after the rights to Top Gun were no longer theirs. Better late than never though.

Hopefully I can get up to KI this year to get back to my "home-away-from-home" park, if

not just to ride Banshee and Diamondback(still haven't) but to also get some new pics

of the park(haven't been since '09).

Come on media day!