TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I don't think that inside the Kings Island theatre will attract as many people as the outside stadium by Diamondback. Many people don't know what the theatre there is for, so they never enter. If you walk by and see people performing, you think that's pretty cool let's stop by there. But, of course, that's IMO.

This could be a way to bring more people into the theater.

I don't think that inside the Kings Island theatre will attract as many people as the outside stadium by Diamondback. Many people don't know what the theatre there is for, so they never enter. If you walk by and see people performing, you think that's pretty cool let's stop by there. But, of course, that's IMO.

It is rude to walk when someone is performing. One should never enter or exit while a performer is on stage.

I like the closed theaters better.

According to Greg Scheid's twitter account Banshee has completed its first test run.

Don also mentioned on KIC that the park map would up on Monday.

Great news for the coaster! I *might* be able to ride it this summer, but I don't know the plans yet. I know we're travelling!

Banshee screams its way through 4,124 feet of track on initial test run!

Source:

Official Press Release:

KINGS ISLAND, Ohio – With engineers, technicians, construction workers, managers and park general manager watching, the longest inverted roller coaster in the world, “Banshee,” screamed its way through its first test run Saturday at Kings Island. With seven stomach-churning inversions, the 4,124-foot long Banshee also ties another inverted roller coaster record. Designed exclusively for Kings Island by Switzerland-based Bolliger & Mabillard, Banshee features the following succession of breath-taking thrills: a 167-foot lift hill, 150-foot curved first drop, a dive loop, a vertical loop encircling the lift hill, a zero-gravity-roll, a pair of batwing inversions, outside loop, spiral, in-line roll and carousel, all at speeds up to 68 mph. Banshee makes its highly-anticipated public debut when Kings Island opens for the 2014 season April 18.

image.thumb.jpg.59b22a24efc782c5560185d3304b523b.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Now that I see a train on the course. It's really putting it in perspective just how massive this ride is. Hopefully there's a video coming!

Agreed. I really wanna see this ride in person. Eh maybe next year...

Now that I see a train on the course. It's really putting it in perspective just how massive this ride is. Hopefully there's a video coming!

You're right. As I saw several pictures over the months I gradually realised it was going to be a lot bigger than I though. But this!! It's just massive!

If they were smart, they would've mounted a camera onto the first train and filmed a POV of the first test run...

They probably know that it won't quite be up to speed as testing begins and that releasing a POV of the train lackadaisically meandering through the course to enthusiasts would be akin to a matador waving a muleta at a bull.