TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It wouldn't be a squeeze. They own a lot of land. As does Six Flags America. A lot of land.

As I have to imagine Kings Island does - all of those woods between Diamondback and Beast are probably fair game, plus all the room from SOB that Banshee isn't covering and probably beyond.

KI owns a lot more than you would think. If you want to talk about just the park itself, it stretches east to west from Kings Island Dr on the west to the Little Miami River on the east. North to south is from Great Wolf Lodge to Western Row rd on the south. They own all of that and could develop anything they wanted.

But that's not all, if memory serves me correctly, they own/owned a lot more land to the north where the restaurants and College Football Hall of Fame sat. I know they sold off a bunch, but I believe they basically owned from 71 to the river and from Kings Mill road to Western Row rd.

Wow that info gives me something to go off of. Whether it be true or false, its certaintly interesting. Heres my thoughts (assuming the info is true)

CP Coaster:

-Wish it was a 500 ft Polar Coaster

-Would have to be on the edge of the park, so remove Mean Streak?

-Coaster would pretty much have to be a steel

-Possibly by B&M? Cedar Fair loves them

-If a B&M, they are missing in that category, a Flying and a Floorless. I say go with Flying, because how cool would it be to fly over the water facing the water!

-If not a B&M Flyer or Floorless, could CP potentially be testing out the first ever B&M 4D coaster out on Cedar Point?

KD Coaster:

-Wish it was a B&M Hyper, Wing Coaster, or GCI Inverting Woodie

-They should go for tallest in the world, since Banshee didn't break that record

-Replace Hurler? Or put it somewhere back by Old Virginia, or on the other side of the park entrance. (If you're facing the entrance, Dominator is to the left, new one is to the right) They do have a lot of space, so they might not need to remove anything.

KI Coaster:

-It should be a GCI or a Giga

-If they are starting work on it within the next year, then its gonna be a huge project

-Don stated in a Coasterradio interview that they currently have no plans to build anything else back there at the moment, but that could change in the future. He also stated that they have room by Soak City, and back behind the Racer.

Thoughts?

^^ I agree with most of that. Cedar Point loves to break records so a polar coaster would seem to fit and i dont see it taking up much space. Also a flying coaster would be amazing over lake erie and again it would be awesome considering that cedar point dosent like to build any ride that dosent break a record so that means it would top tatsu! Continuing on i agree that KD should build a b&m hyper it would make for an amazing coaster line up.

It wouldn't be a squeeze. They own a lot of land. As does Six Flags America. A lot of land.

As I have to imagine Kings Island does - all of those woods between Diamondback and Beast are probably fair game, plus all the room from SOB that Banshee isn't covering and probably beyond.

Too bad that's all going to be used for the Dinosaurs Alive expansion.

I think it is awesome what they are doing with The Bat, but it would be 'icing on the cake' if they added a Tunnel/Bat Cave somewhere on the course ...with cool lighting and some fog. Maybe at during the 360 back to the station.

I definitely could see CP building a Polar Coaster. Now that the Observation tower is gone, a super tall coaster/observation tower would fit the park wonderfully. I would say it would make most sense to put it across from the Gemini Station. It would look great in the skyline far enough away from MF and TTD as well as letting the Ferris Wheel stand on its on for that area and give great views while pulling people to the back of the park!

1473003251_ScreenShot2014-03-02at3_22_28PM.thumb.png.c6e0bd7c57aec6a0d5789535bea333bc.png

I definitely could see CP building a Polar Coaster. Now that the Observation tower is gone, a super tall coaster/observation tower would fit the park wonderfully. I would say it would make most sense to put it across from the Gemini Station. It would look great in the skyline far enough away from MF and TTD as well as letting the Ferris Wheel stand on its on for that area and give great views while pulling people to the back of the park!

That would compliment the skyline PERFECTLY

It might also be cool if they took the idea of the Stratosphere coaster and then put that on the side of the Polar Coaster, that way you could get an observation tower, the coaster that goes inside the Polar Coaster, and the Fish hook coaster off the side to have "the worlds largest drop on a roller coaster" all in one product.

^^ To run enough trains (cars in polar coaster's case) you would need multiple MCBRs to allow multiple trains on the track. So for a polar coaster to be feasible (in a capacity sense) there will be multiple MCBRs like Rip Ride Rocket has. And I'm positive if any business is going to put up that much money for a polar coaster I bet they want more then 1 car on the track at a time.

^ The cost of that project for a seasonal park would be too costly IMO

A Polar coaster with an observation tower, an S&S power swing on top of it and then a coaster with a vertical lift in the middle of the polar one's spiral lift which would have the biggest drop in the world!!

^ I hope not. No idea. One has never been built before. Although 2 are suppose to be open for 2014, but something tells me thats not gonna happen...

No PolerCoasters were ever planned to open in 2014. They are supposed to be to breaking ground and starting construction sometime in 2014. I wouldn't expect to see any open until mid-to-late 2015.

^^ To run enough trains (cars in polar coaster's case) you would need multiple MCBRs to allow multiple trains on the track. So for a polar coaster to be feasible (in a capacity sense) there will be multiple MCBRs like Rip Ride Rocket has. And I'm positive if any business is going to put up that much money for a polar coaster I bet they want more then 1 car on the track at a time.

^ The cost of that project for a seasonal park would be too costly IMO

Man thats kind of upsetting but whatever, i just hope it isnt extremely slow and losses all of its momentum after the first couple brake runs.

^I haven't quite decided if I prefer brake runs where the train enters super fast or where it kind of crawls as they both have its advantages and drawbacks. The fast ones may be better for keeping the pacing up but the high speed at which the trains enters it means there is a lot of room for trimming while the slow ones may kill the pacing a little bit (like raptor's) but mean that not much speed can be taken from the train.

About the polar coaster in particular, it is probably going to have a few if they want decent capacities.