TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^You haven't been to Mrs. Knott's at KBF? Not sure if the quality has gone down since my visit in 2001 but it was actually quite good.

^^That's a shame since Gatekeeper is actually better at night. With the likes of MF, Dragster, and Maverick it doesn't surprise me that folks think it's kind of lame. I've heard similar when I rode X Flight at SFGAm two years ago.

GateKeeper got over 2.1 million riders last season so I don't think the general public cares that much about a ride's intensity.

The general consensus of GateKeeper from guests last season was "kind of lame." Hence why the ride was basically a walk-on at the end of the night all season long. So I would argue that the general public does care about the ride experience.

To be fair, everything in the front of the park is a walk on on most nights. Raptor isn't lame by any stretch but it's line (which is generally full and spilling out onto the midway every morning) is usually empty at night.

going to go ahead and post these:

2014-02-12

Two cars of the first train installed today. (All that I can confirm)

Full res album: http://www.davidwaderich.com/hotlink/KI/TrackComplete

2014-02-13

Five cars of the first train installed today. (Unconfirmed if they were installed on this date)

Full res album: http://www.davidwaderich.com/hotlink/KI/TrackComplete

Edited by DavidW

The cars are also able to drift.

That was an idea Paramount had when they approached Premiere with the coaster, but never made it into the final design. Or it went something like that.

I know the water effects have been disabled and the on-board audio stripped for Kings Island and Canada's Wonderland. Think Kings Dominion has the only Backlot Stunt Coaster that still has the water effects. That one was also built a year after the other 2 so that may have something to do with it.

That would have been amazing to have a water effect on backlot. You mentioned they were to drift, how so??

From what I heard, the concept Paramount approached Premier (might of been the other way around, not sure) was to have the back of the cars "drift" when it went around a corner, or basically the car part of the chassis would swing out to the side. The tech apparently wasn't ready so they decided to not include it in the final coaster. Premier did end up making a concept that was shown at IAAPA 2010. Apparently the coaster was sold to a park in Abu Dhabi, but have yet to see it appear. http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=189&linkid=9775&pageno=5

Looks like the old red and white concrete circle in the center of Action Zone was removed (far left of photo). I wonder if they are just going to refill it with new concrete, or if they have other plans to spruce up that area a bit.

Some landscaping really wouldn't hurt.

Just drove by the park today (I drive a Semi) on I-71 and was trying to get a good look at the new coaster and I must say, at least southbound that it doesn't have the same curb appeal as Diamondback, although I think its because the lift hill on Banshee is perpendicular to the view so you don't get a good view of the height.