TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I've never had any issues with tightening restraints on Gatekeeper or Wild Eagle. We rode Gatekeeper on Labor Day weekend so that issue was fixed, but as far as I know it's still an issue on Wild Eagle right? If the restraints did tighten I didn't notice, I found both coasters to be incredibly comfortable.

My harness did not tighten on Gatekeeper either. I went 4th of July weekend and rode a few times. The seats are very comfortable in my opinion.

I remember the restraints tightening on wild eagle, and it really added to the discomfort. If the restraints tighten, then the trains might not be a big hit with the GP. They might wish for the old ones back. Hopefully though, they will do the opposite and beg that every B&M invert has these trains.

I don't have the source off hand, but the park has mentioned that the restraints will have the modification that Gatekeepers restraints had in the 2nd half of the season; So there shouldn't be any tightening.

And if you rode GateKeeper with those modified restraints you know how much better they are!

Here's another picture of the train, loving the yellow!

BfvJQcCCMAA1BCn.jpg:large

Maybe a sleigh would have been better in the snow but happy to receive our first #Banshee train!
Tweet

I feel like this thread is a broken record, because it has been stated MANY times that the vests will not be locking or tightening during the ride. Don has confirmed that in an interview a while ago. Sorry if I sound rude, but so many people have been asking about the vests on this thread.

I guess we have no reason to think he might've been talking out of his butt?

Now I haven't ridden a wing rider yet, so I have no experience with these types of restraints but I think these look a lot more comfortable too me. I have nothing against traditional B&M invert restraints other than when I get stapled in and get stuck on a break run and a minor complaint of arm room, but these seem much more roomy and less restricting and I look forward to trying them out someday.

^Well, they do prevent headbanging and there is more "arm room" but due to their shape your arm movement is kind of limited (you can't fully raise your hands normally, at least I couldn't) and then there is the tightening issue which you usually only notice when the ride is over. Last but not least, the way they glue you to your seat means you can't really feel some forces like floater air (I know gatekeeper's big hill does provide a little negative Gs but I just couldn't feel it, the same thing with the zero-g roll where with the old restraints you would lift a bit and move about slightly)

those trains are looking great! I think that the GP of people will like the trains a lot more, since there will be no head banging. I hope we see B&M inverts get new trains like this (hint hint cedar fair you should do this) as they look good and make it easier to see if you're not in the front

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think we'll see these new trains on previous inverts because of clearance issues. They're about a foot or two wider than the old design and even that much can cause a lot of issues. I know lifts would be the big clearance issue, would basically require a rebuild of the whole catwalk to make it wide enough to make the clearance.

It would be nice to have these trains on inverts, but don't think we'll be seeing them added anytime soon.

New trains look good. The vest-style seats are definitely more comfortable but, at least for me, a little more restrictive. I fit fine in a regular B&M seat but had to use the "big boy" row on Gatekeeper. I'm sure the park will put a test seat out the front though.

I really hope these vests won't try to kill me! Why don't they use the usual B&M restraints?

It's 2014, not 1992.

I think 2014 means more comfortable, not more pain. Wing riders are truly painful for me when the vest harness keep tightening. Their 1992 style restraints, while is a bit old, worked well on a lot of their rides after 1992.

But since Banshee's harness were confirmed not locking and had already been said 1,000 times in this thread, I think this would be an improvement.

The usual ones are prone to headbanging and the vest eliminates that.

I think that the GP of people will like the trains a lot more, since there will be no head banging.

I've never heard anyone complain about headbanging on any B&M invert at any park, anywhere ever.

The usual ones are prone to headbanging and the vest eliminates that.

I think that the GP of people will like the trains a lot more, since there will be no head banging.

I've never heard anyone complain about headbanging on any B&M invert at any park, anywhere ever.

SFGAm Batman, SFFT Goliath, Raptor CP during Cobra Roll.