TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but what are they doing to the former "watertower" site? The concrete is all torn up, and it looks like they are digging out the old utilities.

Wishful thinking: Plenty of room there for a Flying Scooter!

How busy are Saturdays at the end of April and early May?

Very busy. April and May weekends are usually really packed. To put it in perspective, I waited around 40 minutes for Racer on a May weekend visit last season (that's a LONG time for a ride that usually is 10 minutes to a walk-on). And with Banshee this year, there will for sure be a ton of people wanting to come to the park to ride it when it first opens.

Making progress on painting the Bat. #KI2014

Though I miss the original Top Gun theme, the Bat is going to look great with its new paint job!

I agree! Its really going to stand out, and now there are two reasons to get guest to that part of the Park again! I'm loving the direction KI took for 2014!

How busy are Saturdays at the end of April and early May?

Pretty dang packed, I'd say. My family used to go to KI around my birthday on weekends (4/23) and it was always packed. I wouldn't hope for a lot of short lines, especially on coasters like FireHawk. I also recall waiting a fairly long time for Flight of Fear as well. Diamondback, too, but I rode that within its first year, so I should have expected long lines.

good for them. Now lets get the rest of the Cedar Fair parks to do the same...and while we're at it, lets get a christmas event going at every park!

I don't think a Christmas Festival would be a good idea for all of the Parks. It just wouldn't work in East Coast Parks or Midwest Parks. Its a nice thought. Just not very logical.

Seriously giving thought to making the 7-8 hour drive up for Media Day in April and then staying a night and going to the park on the 18th to get a ride on Diamondback and the other coasters. Will reach a decision sometime in the next few weeks as I complete the planning and budget for 2014 trips.

I am seriously considering going to Media Day. I am so happy that my sister lives near Dayton! Gotta love free housing!

It's disappointing to hear that April and May weekends are very busy. Any one have an estimate on the Fast Pass price for that time of the year?

It's disappointing to hear that April and May weekends are very busy. Any one have an estimate on the Fast Pass price for that time of the year?

What'd do you expect? It's just like any other park on a Saturday.

Prices for Fast Lane are probably going to be about the same as last year ($50+). FL+ will probably drop Beast and replace it with the Banshee.