TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^ who cares

Some people actually like to have civilized discussions about the hobby they love. Sorry you disagree.

It's my attitude, period. It's a pointless conversation, since there is no universally defined definition or standard for my attitude. What my attitude is referred to won't have any affect on the sensation it brings.

Fixed.

And yes. I agree. I have no affect from your attitude. In fact, I just want to tune it out.

^ who cares

You might not know much about elements but there are clear differences between an inline twist, heartline roll, barrell roll, ect. I can't tell great from the photos so I wanted to know. Which of these elements it is closest to does have a dramitic affect on the feel of the element and the sensation it brings. Another reason I asked is that I'm working on a NL2 recreation of this ride currently and would like to make it as accurate as possible.

They may be done by lunch time today. That is really impressive how fast they were able to assemble it. Might be able to start testing in mid-Feb/Early March. Still alot of mechanical/engineering work to do, but man that was fast.

^ who cares

Some people actually like to have civilized discussions about the hobby they love. Sorry you disagree.

It's my attitude, period. It's a pointless conversation, since there is no universally defined definition or standard for my attitude. What my attitude is referred to won't have any affect on the sensation it brings.

Fixed.

And yes. I agree. I have no affect from your attitude. In fact, I just want to tune it out.

Guy, you just officially became my favorite person on the Forums!

I think B&M manufactures the trains overseas at their home plant in Switzerland, if I remember correctly from previous builds, but I'm not sure about that either. They're still one of the most secretive manufacturers in the industry, as there are no pictures of their train assembly facilities anywhere. I still think it was amazing that they let people see the track building for Gatekeeper at the steel plant. Only other time I can remember they allowed that was when National Geographic filmed that roller coaster special a few years ago.

The final piece of Banshee track was installed today! Check out this photo and video that Kings Island sent us:

1999072281_KI051.thumb.jpg.410f2c988feec71433ecc5ebae75b61e.jpg

Track work completed on record-breaking Banshee roller coaster at Kings Island

MASON, Ohio – Track work on the longest inverted roller coaster in the world, “Banshee,” was completed Thursday at Kings Island. Track piece #100 was the final piece of track installed on the 4,124-foot long $24 million steel coaster, being lowered into place by workmen at 10:04 a.m. It took the Adena Corporation a total of 160 days to erect the ride after the first piece of track was delivered to the 364-acre amusement and waterpark August 16, 2013. Banshee will make its highly-anticipated debut April 18 when Kings Island opens for the 2014 season.

Photo / Video: Kings Island/Courtesy

Edited by robbalvey

I am too lazy to research all of Don's posts but I thought the trains were not coming from the US. I think he said late Feb or March for the trains to arrive. Might be pulling that from my behind or a dream I had.

It was recently mentioned by Don that the trains are expected to arrive on park property by the end of the January.

It looks like it's snowing again. Is this normal for the Cincinnati area? They're much further south than we are in New York but they're getting punished this year with snow.

Through this afternoon, Cincinnati has had 28.6 inches of snow this season. The average through this date is only 10.2 inches. Definitely way above normal, and it's been colder than normal as well.

And through that, an outstanding (and unenviable) job by everyone putting Banshee together!