TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Didn't the coaster start construction in August when it was announced. That will be almost 7 months of construction. Not sure how that is really fast.

Really, construction started early before the season. There were survey markers, footers had to be poured, and then track construction. The whole construction process was just about 10 months.

I find it funny with every new B&M installation anymore people think of how fast it went up, new record, etc... lol

Land clearing, foundations, etc... Are usually done or well underway before the off-season. That is the long part usually, everything else is just bolting all the pieces together and electrical work afterward. I don't think Banshee went up quickly at all compared to other recent installations such as Gatekeeper, Leviathan, etc... All usually about the same IMO. I think they also start earlier in the seasons then they used to, which make these rides appear to go up quicker.

Ride is looking great, though. I hope I can make it to media day but with a new job and stuff it may be a bit more difficult to get off. Hopefully I can make it work though!

I love how they are working through the elements to get this thing done. One day I'll have to make my way up there for the ride.

With the crazy weather that they have been having, I wonder if the temperature varience is causing pieces of track to shrink or expand (albeit slightly) enough to cause tolerance issues?

I love how they are working through the elements to get this thing done. One day I'll have to make my way up there for the ride.

With the crazy weather that they have been having, I wonder if the temperature varience is causing pieces of track to shrink or expand (albeit slightly) enough to cause tolerance issues?

Doubtful, as all the track with be in the same temperature and would have all shrunk at the same rate. They will bolt together just fine. Adjustments in the supports can be made to make small changes for tolerance. When it gets hot, the entire structure will adjust. Stresses may change slightly in the connections and such, but obviously are not an issue and is taken into account with design.

I see what you're getting at, but all of the pieces are the same temperature, since they are being stored outside. As long as all of the pieces expand and contact the same (thermal expansion), nothing will be affected.

As much as the "Action Zone" area of KI is criticized because it's not being refurbished or re-themed, I really just see KI eventually phasing it out. I do not go to KI or any Cedar Fair park expecting a detailed theme. Some lightly themed areas are to be expected, but I would never expect them to go all out Busch, Disney, or Universal by any means. To be quite honest, I would rather see KI remove the Action Zone title, and just clean things up to make them look presentable. I think of how Cedar Point did the whole GateKeeper plaza area, and I think that would work best for a park like KI. The area would be more appealing and not go out of date as quickly if the current Action Zone area was just well-done with nice gardens, some trees, and ample seating. That's all an amusement park like KI needs to have for an area to look nice and please their guests.

Great news everyone! Just like the Gatekeeper Media Day, Club TPR Members have been invited to Banshee's media day!

You MUST be a paid member of Club TPR. If you are not a paid member, you can join Club TPR here: http://www.clubtpr.com

To register for the Banshee media day, please click: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/banshee-media-day

Banshee's Media Day is Thursday, April 17, 2014. You MUST be registered for Club TPR by March 15th in order to receive your membership card in time for the event. You MUST have one membership card for each person attending the event. No non-card carrying guests are allowed.

Enjoy the media event. I will see you there!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey