TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I take 75 to us 6 to get to cedar point from my house. I've never done the 71 route. A fairly easy option from kings island would be south 71 to 275. 275 to 75 then get off on us 6 and follow it to the park

If your looking for a cool museum, I would go to the Air Force museum at Wright Pat in Dayton over going to the Neil Armstrong museum. Also from Ki running up 71 to Columbus is the best route to Cp. There are several routes north of Columbus. I usually use rt 13 in Mansfield and connect with Rt 250. There might be better but I don't think going through Toledo or Cleveland are the best way.

If your looking for a cool museum, I would go to the Air Force museum at Wright Pat in Dayton over going to the Neil Armstrong museum.

I second this. The museum is huge and they have a lot of really cool stuff in there. Last time I was there they had an SR-71 Blackbird, a B2 Stealth bomber and the Bockscar (the plane that essentially ended World War II). I believe all of those are permanent exhibits in Dayton but you may want to double check that.

It's a free museum but if you're a history buff you can easily spend a full day there. That place is top notch.

If your looking for a cool museum, I would go to the Air Force museum at Wright Pat in Dayton over going to the Neil Armstrong museum.

I second this. The museum is huge and they have a lot of really cool stuff in there. Last time I was there they had an SR-71 Blackbird, a B2 Stealth bomber and the Bockscar (the plane that essentially ended World War II). I believe all of those are permanent exhibits in Dayton but you may want to double check that.

It's a free museum but if you're a history buff you can easily spend a full day there. That place is top notch.

Yeah, that's why I suggested it in my response. They still have the sr-71, B-2 and Bockscar. They also have an F-117, a-10, a lot of the F- jet series, a MiG, and the new Space Shuttle stuff should be open by then. If you're planning to spend a few hours there, get their early and register for the Presidential and Exhibition gallery tour. You can walk through the actual plane that took JFK to Dallas, brought his body back home and LBJ was sworn in on. There is also a lot of bombs, rockets, engines and tons of other cool stuff to see there.

Yeah, that's why I suggested it in my response. They still have the sr-71, B-2 and Bockscar. They also have an F-117, a-10, a lot of the F- jet series, a MiG, and the new Space Shuttle stuff should be open by then. If you're planning to spend a few hours there, get their early and register for the Presidential and Exhibition gallery tour. You can walk through the actual plane that took JFK to Dallas, brought his body back home and LBJ was sworn in on. There is also a lot of bombs, rockets, engines and tons of other cool stuff to see there.

Thanks for all the input, it looks like the 75 is the way to go, and it gives me options of the Airforce Museum and or Neil Armstrong on the way... (it just depends what time I leave and how tired I am). I have also decided that if I am still keen for the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield (the shawshank prison) , which closed in 1990, its only an hour from Cedar point, so I can take a break there if I need. (on a different day!!)...

As the time gets closer, I am sure I will have more questions, thanks for all your help

^If you're considering the Reformatory, you might as well stop at the Carousel in downtown Mansfield as well. I don't know if Carousel Works does tours of their factory, but if they do that's something else to look into if that sort of thing interests you. (While I'm on carousels, downtown Sandusky also has a nice Merry-go-Round Museum) And Mansfield has easy access to I-71, so it would be relatively easy for you to drive from CP to Mansfield, and then take I-71 from Mansfield to Kings Island. That's a much more direct route and it would would be more convenient than taking I-80 from Sandusky to Toledo and then taking I-75 to Cincinnati/KI.

yeah the rendering (is Keith/Badnitrus still responsible for these?) seems a little bit different than whats in the webcam lol.. not really in the layout but the proportion of everything. for instance the turn they are working on right now, in the rendering it seemed more gradually and not as high. seems like they have a lot to cram (the heartline roll and helix) into such a small area (again this has more to do with the webcams fixed perspective but even taking that into consideration, theres definitely a noticeable difference compared to the rendering- which by any account isnt something new)..