TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

...how Beast plays the ominous music on the lift hills).

That is the one thing I hate on Beast. I wish they'd get rid of those speakers and the annoying music as I feel it takes away from the ride (I know it's just on the lift but I'd rather hear the classic sound of the anti-rollbacks over the music).

Too bad B&M lifts are loud as I'd think the banshee scream would be cool right as the train disengages from the lift, making it sound like the banshee has taken control of the train.

Banshee is looking great. Looks like imma be heading to Kings Island this year. I think they should play a scream when the train is dispatched, something similar to that dark - epic tune that plays when they dispatch a train at Batman the Ride at SFOG. There will more than likely be speakers on the lift so maybe some eerie type music will play as you're going up. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Lol

^The batwing doesn't look that big until you see the two guys at the bottom!

When I first looked at the picture I too thought it didn't look that big and after seeing your comment I was like: "Which guys?" ...... and then "Holy crap! That thing is massive!"

^The batwing doesn't look that big until you see the two guys at the bottom!

When I first looked at the picture I too thought it didn't look that big and after seeing your comment I was like: "Which guys?" ...... and then "Holy crap! That thing is massive!"

That was my reaction too.

Now it may just be perspective, but I am a bit disappointed with the lack of "snap" into both the dive loop and batwing... On the batwing especially, as the transition looks painfully "sterile" and linear in terms of the roll if that makes sense. I have a feeling it will be very floaty, versus having any aggressive quality to it. I know the B&M inverts have been getting less and less aggressive, but I was hoping there would be some exceptions in the design. This is coming from a big fan of Silver Bullet, so I am not expected Raptor or Batman the Ride type stuff here!

I don't like to judge before I ride, but you can generally get a good idea of what a ride may feel like before-hand. I hope it exceeds my expectations though, as B&M inverts are my favorite rides. I hope it is just a perspective thing though!