TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

So maybe it's just me, but if you look at the ride layout rendering, it looks like after it comes out of the batwing, it is going to interact with The Bat somehow. I mean the station is at a 90 degree angle to the back part of the coaster and looking at the webcam and estimating where that would put it in relation to The Bat, it seems there may be some overlap of tracks somewhere. Am I just looking at it wrong?

And if you look at the recent webcam, right near the end of the station track seems to be a piece leading into the second loop, that looks to be in different location than the rendering.

1390515324_Camera4(1).thumb.jpg.dd0092230d7e720313ccc87737f9491e.jpg

img_track_layout_final.jpg.c2258832627d6e0e3177448b5bd44954.jpg

^It does look a lot closer to the station than in the rendering. I actually had already been thinking that something was looking slightly different from the original picture. It almost looks like there will be no room for the helix but I'm sure that's not the case.

So maybe it's just me, but if you look at the ride layout rendering, it looks like after it comes out of the batwing, it is going to interact with The Bat somehow. I mean the station is at a 90 degree angle to the back part of the coaster and looking at the webcam and estimating where that would put it in relation to The Bat, it seems there may be some overlap of tracks somewhere. Am I just looking at it wrong?

That doesn't seem likely.

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.2970ddcd91e2d7bba181bf298033d2d1.jpg

The "perspective" viewports of 3D modeling applications are all slightly different compared to each other, which are different compared to how our eyes see perspective, which is slightly different compared to how a camera views an image through a lens.

It's especially difficult to compare a rendering to a real-life webcam image when the render camera and the webcam are not in the same position and/or not angled in the same direction.

There is also a hill there. The station is significantly higher up then the batwing element which isn't overly evident from the angle of the webcam. I think the fact that it is hard to see that you are actually looking downhill makes it seem closer then it actually is.

DavidW, your blow by blow is turning me on! I would be SOO lost if you didn't help with these incredible graphics. Thank you so much.

I'm surprised...I thought only your fascination of Robb could do that to you!