TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^No visible progress has been made, at least from this afternoon

Thanks for letting me know so quickly. I'm just eager to see this beast in person next year on my road trip.

Yea, I'm not counting on it, but I'd love to see the batwing completed by the time I head to PA for Christmas. I'm hoping to stop by and get a skyline picture.

Cedar Fair seems to be wanting to bring some nostalgia back to their parks, and they seem to be doing a good job at it.

Elaborate?

Kings Dominion is using their entire 50th anniversary to celebrate the park's past by changing names back to their old names and adding old characters/animatronics.

Knott's Berry Farm has used this season and the upcoming season to refresh their old classic attractions with brand-new animatronics.

Kings Island is renaming Flight Deck to their past ride "The Bat".

I'm liking the direction that Cedar Fair is taking to bring some nostalgia back to the parks. I can't wait to hit Kings Island in 2014 for Banshee and the Bat. Can't wait to see what else they're going to be doing in the future. Kings Island is my favorite Cedar Fair park along with Cedar Point.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the track work to continue. What we have seen already, and the pace it occured was such a tease lol! I'm also looking foward to seeing the station take shape! What was used in the promos looks totally bad a**!

I'd rather not go forward with that notion. You already have a B&M invert roaring next to you, that wail would be a bad combination to my, and probably others, ears in that queue. I'm glad to see all of the progress for the park coming up, I hope that it looks better in person!

So I just got back from a winter tour of Kings Island and the Banshee construction site. It was a mess with all the snow and ice, but it provided some great photos.

Anyways, there was one photo in particular I wanted to share. I know there has been a lot of discussion about clearance in a few areas, and that Don has mentioned no digging is planned. Today, I noticed they had a reach envelope attached to the track between the dive loop and loop. It wasn't quite at it's lowest point, but it was no more than a foot vertically from it. In the photo, the snow is somewhere between 3-6 inches deep.

1595475088_BansheeClearance.thumb.jpg.7e54defa8f7f6df8106c8b9e22e816c5.jpg

Crappy cell phone picture. Still good perspective though.

It will be cool if KI place speakers around the que and/or station area and have that Banshee scream every few minutes and use a webcam to watch the peoples facial expressions when they hear it.

You'd get a lot of video of some very irritated people.