TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^^Me too.

The more pictures I see the more I love the colors. By the way, given that the top speed will be hit between the zero g and batwing (isn't that correct?) I'm assuming it will be the ride's tallest inversion, right? And maybe the tallest in any B&M inverted. Does anyone know how tall Alpengeist's immelmann is?

That's a really great photo. I don't ever remember seeing a coaster picture taken from that angle (for obvious reasons as that's always going to be a restricted area).

Batman la fuga at Warner allows people to go under the loop and take pictures like this. It isn't exactly the same angle but close.

IMG_1456.jpg.237a8f3986ed764b67a929c9fc6e6207.jpg

That's a great picture too. All I said was that I don't remember seeing a picture like that but I'm sure there are plenty out there...

I know. I just wanted to show this picture as there are some similarities. I'm aware that you knew there were some.

^^Me too.

The more pictures I see the more I love the colors. By the way, given that the top speed will be hit between the zero g and batwing (isn't that correct?) I'm assuming it will be the ride's tallest inversion, right? And maybe the tallest in any B&M inverted. Does anyone know how tall Alpengeist's immelmann is?

That's a really great photo. I don't ever remember seeing a coaster picture taken from that angle (for obvious reasons as that's always going to be a restricted area).

Batman la fuga at Warner allows people to go under the loop and take pictures like this. It isn't exactly the same angle but close.

It looks very different to me to be honest. There is a much larger gap between the entrance to the loop and the exit on Banshee... Much larger!

It looks very different to me to be honest. There is a much larger gap between the entrance to the loop and the exit on Banshee... Much larger!

It's probably just larger in every dimension. Hard to tell how much taller it is due to the perspective. I imagine the shape of both is about the same.

I prefer garlic butter. But I'm a rebel, a loner. That's just the way I roll.

You are not a loner! That garlic butter is really good...so I agree with you.

However, chocolate can reign supreme in most other situations except for when I was at Silver Dollar City and that cinnamon bread just was amazing.

I wonder if there are any new sensations that will encur because of that? Probably not much.

New sensations? It's a B&M. (Sorry, had to.)

It does look like a nice ride, that gap is huge. It's like a cross between a giant corkscrew and a loop, but more loop. At least it's something "slightly different," a good thing.

I couldn't really find a picture from the exact same angle but this one is close and it does show how much wider Banshee's one is. Mostly by looking at the support which holds both the entry and exit to the loop.

cedar-point-raptor-12121-dc-photographer.jpg.b573c6887a92b5d0e1de7c22e1cdd2e5.jpg

On another note, why are Vekoma Flying Dutchmen (such as Firehawk) made fun of so much? They are actually decent rides, held back by the manufacturer's bad reputation and horrible load times, but good rides nonetheless. Comparison of multiple flying coasters, ranging from good to horrid on the Mitch Hawker poll-

Tatsu - 35

Manta - 39

Superman clones - 129

Air - 130

Batwing - 227

Firehawk - 238

Nighthawk - 240

Volare - 364

So what is this? Bumpiness that I seem to ignore, or just bad brand? On a side note, I didn't find the Volare (Time Warp) at CW that bad.