TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Yay! Really looking forward to seeing how they do this! Seems very Halloween-y, should compliment Banshee perfectly!

I wonder if they plan to theme it in any way other than a steel maintenance deck over a paved lot. They could easily cover the structure to make it look like an old bell tower or something.

I'm starting to think that A. this part of Action Zone is being broken off into its own spooky-themed zone much like X-Base was broken off of Coney Mall, or B. They retheme the entire area. I could see Invertigo getting themed to a type of haunted stopwatch that reverses time, hence being dropped backwards (the new blue colors could match this if they make the logo a specter-y blue), a potential but very unlikely, almost impossible clue is that the Invertigo sign is still its original yellow and red and they never made it match the ride. Congo Falls could be given a sort of "Bayou Monster" theme, Skyflyer could possibly be made to tie into Banshee/Bat, Drop Tower could be rethemed to witchcraft, painted green with black accents and have a few Stonehenge-esque rockwork pieces built around it with a lighting package that would add twinkling runes to it, and Delirium could be rethemed to a mad scientist (it's almost all that works with the existing ride structures).

I'm excited to see the new trains for The Bat!

Will there be actual new trains installed? I didn't see anything in the press release about it.

Wow, this is really great! I love the direction Cedar Fair seems to be going, adding new rides while reintroducing classics to give each park more of the charm they used to have.

I agree. CF makes another good decision with the Bat re-theming. Also another reason to visit KI next year.

Apparently Kings Dominion will be getting some of this treatment with their 40th celebration next season. I think it is an awesome idea and sure as hell beats plunking down random rides just for the sake of it.

I was thinking to further add to the "new" Bat theming for Flight Deck.... since the lift hill is already framed by the steel support structure, they should enclose the entire lift hill and make it a Bat Lair of sorts (I would say Bat Cave but don't want to upset Batman lol).

I was on it the other day again and knew something was up! Good ride amongst the trees... sure beats draggin Iron and a few of the other suspended swining coasters. Still wish I could've made it to Korea for Eagle's Fortress while it was still open. Guess I'll go watch that POV again... classic

So I cracked open Photoshop with the picture on Wikipedia and this was the result. The track might be a different shade of orange (though it looks nice as is) but I'm guessing this is pretty accurate for how it will look next year. Excuse the crappy job, I just wanted to see what it would look like.

1395841_723380971024266_2004923807_n.jpg

I love this ride. It's an incredible night ride. I'm a little bummed it's going to have a decent line now! I used to be able to marathon it any time of day. But I'm glad this means that the ride will be here for a while. It would be interesting to have those floorless trains on the ride; but with the Invertigo and Banshee all being floorless I don't see it changing.

Wit hold Arrow suspended coasters biting the dust left an right these days hopefully this re-themeing means this one will be sticking around for a while. It is a pretty decent little ride for whatever it is worth, should look great next to Banshee.

This this section of the park has a fairly thorough "Halloweenish" theme maybe they'll leave a haunt open year round....

I think this is a pretty genius move...for both the parks history, updating the ride, and fitting together with the theme of Banshee. They should just make this entire part of the park haunted and creepy, although the citizens of Ohio do this pretty well on their own.

nina_likes_this.gif.98557366db38cd23abeab7be0af4e8c0.gif

I know The Bat's layout is a clone of CW's Vortex (which is one of my favourite coasters), but I wonder how it compares both ride wise and the surroundings...

I've ridden Top Gun / Flight Deck / Bat hundreds of times. Rode CW's Vortex for the first and only time this year and my impression was that Vortex was faster.

Love the new name. I never liked the name Flight Deck, and this not only pays tribute to the Bat, but also fits much better with Banshee. Hoping the rest of Action Zone follows suit and the area gets a makeover.

I wonder how much longer the SOB station will stay around. I know it is used for a Haunt right now, but I cant help but wonder how much longer it will be around, especially if Action Zone were to be completely rethemed (I know that is no where near confirmed). If it were removed would there be enough room between The Bat and Banshee for a pathway, if an expansion were to occur?

I wonder how much longer the SOB station will stay around. I know it is used for a Haunt right now, but I cant help but wonder how much longer it will be around, especially if Action Zone were to be completely rethemed (I know that is no where near confirmed). If it were removed would there be enough room between The Bat and Banshee for a pathway, if an expansion were to occur?

Well, the Hypersonic XLC station at Kings Dominion is still standing around 6-7 years after the ride was dismantled. At First, I thought the park was going to re-purpose the station for something else. Then, a couple years later, KD built a new Haunt Building, (that has housed the Haunt attraction Toxic Plague and now Zombie High), right in front of it. The only time you can see the station up close is when you are waiting in line for the Club Blood Haunt attraction. Sometimes the Haunt scare-actors use it as a break area. Other than that, it stands unused and somewhat hidden from view.

I just learned the Bat had a double corkscrew they tested in 1980!! I did see the model Arrow had tested via a youtube video, but didn't realize it was built into the Bat originally. Talk about pushing the limits! I pulled this from KI Central who pulled it from TPR (somewhere). I wanted to credit the right person.