TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Is it May yet?

Chomping at the bit to get back to arguably my favorite "large" park. The Bat name fits the coaster's location much better than a flight theme. Tucked away in a dark, wooded area is the perfect spot to encounter some bats. The logo is pretty sweet too. Really neat seeing all the different bats that are integrated into it. Most importantly, one of my personal favorite coasters seems to be sticking around a little while longer.

Looking forward to see how that loop turns out. I quite like the idea of loops warping around the lift although, based on Banshee's video, I like the way Riddler's Revenge and Kumba's loops do it a bit more. I don't know why but I think they look cooler as they warp the lift at a smaller angle while Banshee's does it at a 90 degrees one.

I wonder how well one will be able to see the lift while going through the loop on an inverted train? Riddler riders can easily see the lift (and it looks uncomfortably close ...). I presume Kumba has the same experience (haven't ridden it yet).

Is Banshee the first upside-down B&M without a corkscrew?

Wow, this is really great! I love the direction Cedar Fair seems to be going, adding new rides while reintroducing classics to give each park more of the charm they used to have.

I agree. CF makes another good decision with the Bat re-theming. Also another reason to visit KI next year.

Really excited to hear this news! I have always been fascinated by the original "Bat" and it's legendary saga. So glad to see King's Island making yet another brilliant marketing decision. Invoking memories of a ride of the past is always a great way to generate interest and nostalgia.