TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Also, considering this coaster probably wont open until 6 months from now...this is fast. I wouldn't frown at building such a huge coaster in say 3 months. It could have taken as long as the 7 dwarves coaster...

Also, considering this coaster probably wont open until 6 months from now...this is fast. I wouldn't frown at building such a huge coaster in say 3 months. It could have taken as long as the 7 dwarves coaster...

Compare Disney's extensive theming to Cedar Fairs extensive theming?

I practically look at that webcam habitually and I can see when most things go up. I feel like they're working 100% of the time they're supposed to be in the day, but some of it isn't on ride construction. I wonder what the other things they do that aren't that visible on the webcam are. Probably putting bolts in and the like, but I wonder if that's all it is.

It'd be cool if they could get the loop up tomorrow with it being the last weekend of the season (I think). Most people will envision that loop, dive loop, and lift when they think of Banshee, and having the "iconic" part of the ride up to close out the season and give a nice sneak peak at the next season would be cool. I'd love for the park to end the season sending the message "Look at this big thing. This Action Zone view has changed. Come back next season to ride it. She's ready for you in 2014."

I can't wait!

Who knows. New trains, no more 'headbanging' etc.

I actually had thought of that. Given that these restraints eliminate headbanging I would like to see B&M doing some old school snappy corkscrews again. But, like you said, it's not very likely.

Who knows. New trains, no more 'headbanging' etc.

I actually had thought of that. Given that these restraints eliminate headbanging I would like to see B&M doing some old school snappy corkscrews again. But, like you said, it's not very likely.

I never had a problem with the old restraints..the best was Top Gun/Afterburn's corkscrew/wing over. That sh*t was like OH SNAP. Probably the tightest corkscrew I've been through.

I never had any problems with the old restraints too, in fact I've never experienced a single bit of headbanging in any B&M invert (I've been on Batman the ride at SFGAdv and Parque Warner Madrid, Talon, Great Bear an Raptor). And those old restrains allow your body to move around more so I prefer them over the vest style ones 'cause when I rode gatekeeper I couldn't feel any aritime in the hills like I do with the older ones or in B&M's hpers (even though I know there is some floater there). Probably B&M considers these restraints more "family friendly" and more appealing to a wider public. But I just love everything about their older inverts.

^Neither have I!! Although I do know many people who have had problems with Batman - the Ride (SFGAm). I do not know much about restraints, but I am not sure it matters what type of restraint the ride has (in the case of B&M inverts only); it's if the layout is good or not. So I am indifferent about the restraints. I hope Banshee is great!

Remember that the old B&M restraints have been around since the early 90's. Even if there is nothing wrong with them, B&M probably felt the need to renew them. Especially with how many new restraints there are out there on other manufacturers new rides.

^^/^Agreed.

Thge only light headbangs on a B&M were some older sitdown or floorless riding the corkscrews. But anyone complaining about that should ride and compare it to a 20+ year old Verkoma looper...

Exaaaactly!

Verkoma

I personally think the trains with the new restraints look great!

^Nice pic.

Remember that the old B&M restraints have been around since the early 90's. Even if there is nothing wrong with them, B&M probably felt the need to renew them. Especially with how many new restraints there are out there on other manufacturers new rides.

I know what you mean but then If they wanted to improve them they should be leaning towards lapbars instead of these vest-style ones that, despite being conformable, just glue you to your seat rather than giving more freedom to move.

And it's not that it would be very difficult to move to lapbars from these new ones. They just have to move the bars more to the side and remove the vests, right?

That dive loop...

That looks drastically different from the shaping they've been using on some of their newer ones that are supposedly forceless. There's enough of a height discrepancy between the top of the drop and the dive loop combined with how tight it is at the top to safely assume that this WILL be forceful! Kings Island really needs another forceful coaster to join Vortex and Flight of Fear, and I think this'll be it!

I really can't wait to go ride this thing for myself! Hopefully I'll be able to make this my first media day!

Here ya go! I was just there. The lines were stupid long. Took one ride on the Beast and I'm done for the year. Can't wait for Banshee media day!

You should have waited and gone today. The park was EMPTY. My third ride on Beast was the longest line of the day, at a whopping 20 minutes. Even Firehawk had a 3 train wait in the middle of the day. Sundays in October are the time to go!