TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Just realized how beautiful Banshee's going to look across that lake! They get rid of Sling Shot and move it to Cedar Point or X-Base and it's even better! There's a perfect spot for it in X-Base and it would open up ability to expand behind Banshee.

Thanks for the pictures! It all looks great!

Sling Shot is VERY popular, especially when they have $10 per ride deals in the morning like Xtreme Skyflyer. Instead of removing it they should relocate it to Coney Mall (where Flight Commander used to be and is now the Dinosaurs Alive event pavilion. Besides the Oktoberfest section of the park needs a bit of an update and a couple of flats would be nice in that spot.

Mason and Kings Mills are always so pretty around the end of the season.

Riding The Beast when the colors are at their peak is one of the best times to ride the coaster. It's beautiful and amazing at the same time.

I didn't say Sling Shot was leaving or that it wasn't popular. It's a great moneymaker, just not one I want to do. I hate heights! XD I meant I think it's good for Kings Island and Cedar Fair and they shouldn't take a wrecking ball to it, just move it somewhere else in the park so they can undo the lockin in that Paramount did that's blocked them off from the rest of the land the park owns. I could see a round path winding around under Banshee's drop connecting Action Zone to X-Base.

I'm watching them put the dive loop up right now and HOLY CRAP it's big! I take back what I said about it looking stupid, that's going to look great with the train storming through it, there's no way it doesn't suck all the blood out of your head. I'm thinking something like Afterburn's Immelmann.

And I got my driver's license a few hours ago! It's official, this'll be the first coaster I drive to!

The first time I went, it was only like their 15th day in operation, and we waited for an hour to get food. I was not happy then. I went again in July, and decided to give it another try. That time it only took 10 minutes to get my food. I'm not sure what the difference was, other than it was later in the season.

I ate at Red's Hall of Fame with my cousin, her husband, and my sister and I was the one who paid, it wasn't outrageous at all. Forget the exact number, but it was just like eating out at a chain sit-down restaurant. I had the hot dog and it was really good, and so are their homemade chips!

Looks like a nice little snap at the top

In a certain way I kind of wish there was, but I highly doubt that. The train will probably go through that bit relatively slowly and sometimes the angle of the picture can be deceiving and lead us to believe that the track is shaped slightly different than it really is. (I've noticed this many times on dive and immelmann loops) I don't think we will be seeing snaps like in raptor's cobra roll anymore from B&M.

Looks like a nice little snap at the top

In a certain way I kind of wish there was, but I highly doubt that. The train will probably go through that bit relatively slowly and sometimes the angle of the picture can be deceiving and lead us to believe that the track is shaped slightly different than it really is. (I've noticed this many times on dive and immelmann loops) I don't think we will be seeing snaps like in raptor's cobra roll anymore from B&M.

Is it possible that there will be a nice little snap? Absolutely. Is it probable? Yeah, maybe not anymore. Who knows. New trains, no more 'headbanging' etc.