TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I would expect this ride to feel much like the more recent inverts and not like the older ones... B&M has not really built any designs in the US that have had the intensity of the older designs in a very long time. I would expect a much more "Silver Bullet" feel... Which to me is not a bad thing, as I really enjoyed that ride... So I am excited regardless of how intense it may be... But for those who want mind crushing g-forces, I think you may have to stick to Raptor, Montu and the Batmans.

Looking good so far and I might as well add my 2¢. While I like both current and older B&M invert layouts, I do favor their older inverts. In general they just feel more thrilling, which to me is how a rollercoaster should feel. The newer rides like Silver Bullet really more are just fun as opposed to fun and thrilling. The only one of B&M's big inverts that I have ridden is Alpengeist which I rode for the first time last year. I was amazed how my ride on Raptor this year compared to Alpie, Raptor was definitely the superior ride.

I'm not yet going to make a catch all statement that all of B&M's big inverts can't compare to their early output as I still haven't ridden Montu , but if Banshee is anything like Alpengeist I don't think it will make it to my top 10 steel coasters. Though I have to say I really like the look of Banshee as a piece of architecture, all those pretty colors...

Also, I just had a dream about King's Island after looking at this thread last night before going to bed. Like all dreams the park in the dream looked nothing like it's real counterpart and for some strange reason their new ride wasn't Banshee, but a terrain hyper coaster in the style of a Mack Super Splash. I have no idea where my mind came up with that one, but I wonder how feasible it would be?

Another piece in place.

Looking back at the POV, it shows only four supports for the lift hill, and from that picture, there are 3. So one gigantic support to put in place for the peak of the lift hill then it can be completed. Also, the loop will go around the track about halfway between the 2nd and 3rd lift hill supports, so almost right where the V from Slingshot is. This thing is going up fast.

^Knowing the brain processing power of the average human, I'm going to go with "yes".

dt

These aren't humans we're talking about here, they are humans from Ohio........

Don't forget about all the guests from Kentucky and Indiana!

^Knowing the brain processing power of the average human, I'm going to go with "yes".

dt

These aren't humans we're talking about here, they are humans from Ohio........

Don't forget about all the guests from Kentucky and Indiana!

I actually had a friend who worked in Action Zone. She constantly got badgered by guests wanting to ride Son of Beast and got yelled at all the time when they were told they couldn't because it wasn't safe...and SBNO. And once at Cedar Point, I saw an employee get yelled at in a queue line by a guest who was wondering why all of those people were line jumping. She could've saved a LOT of breath had she just noticed the Fast Lane sign!

^I've always thought Montu was more of a female..

NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES ROLLER COASTERS AS HAVING GENDERS!!! *high fives* Though I have to disagree, I definitely see Montu as male. I see all of BGT's coasters as male with the exception of SheiKra. Now I'm going to get laughed at on here forever for posting that...

I saw that the third lift support now has track in it. However, if you look on the ground, you'll see what looks to be the top of the final support. Was it fabricated this way or are they making that support as a sub assembly and lifting it into place as a whole? That definitely seems to be the more logical approach.

That being said, this thing will definitely be topped off very soon. I know I keep saying it, but...

I see all of BGT's coasters as male with the exception of SheiKra.

Sorry, had to I'm surprised there isn't some sort of meme for this, it needs it.

I actually decided that before I made that connection, but I've actually seen dumb GP comments on SheiKra YouTube videos of people thinking it was named after the Colombian pop star. -_-

Back to Banshee, I think Banshee's definitely female for obvious reasons. Most of KI's coasters are male, though. Only other female coasters at Kings Island are Invertigo and Racer. Maybe Flight Deck.

I'm looking forward to seeing the trains and if they do anything with the wheel covers. The animation shows generic grey and aqua wheel covers, but seeing what Cedar Fair did with Leviathan and GateKeeper's themed trains, we should at least get Banshee decals or something on them.

I've noticed a lot of posts saying "well this certainly wont make my top 10". Why does a coaster have to be deemed "top 10 worthy" from enthusiasts to give it good praise? Just because it wont be a top 10 Coaster does not mean its going to be a bad coaster.

Looking at the webcam (though at the degree at which I do it, more like stalking the webcam) it looks like they're going to top it off any hour now. Both side beams and the cross beam for that last support are up, and you can see the top waiting to go up.

It's huge! Construction should speed up even more after this!