TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Or just pull a Six Flags and don't use the second side - this would have been good when the ride had 3 trains as X-Flight (I believe it did, right?)

Though the ride did have three trains when X Flight first opened in 2001 it never ran three. They eventually cannibalized the third train for parts but I will agree that when SFWoA/GL ran two stations it was relatively efficient.

Even without FL I hate how Kings Island has Firehawk set up. It isn't efficient at all which is why I very, very rarely take a ride on it.

Or just pull a Six Flags and don't use the second side - this would have been good when the ride had 3 trains as X-Flight (I believe it did, right?)

Though the ride did have three trains when X Flight first opened in 2001 it never ran three. They eventually cannibalized the third train for parts but I will agree that when SFWoA/GL ran two stations it was relatively efficient.

Even without FL I hate how Kings Island has Firehawk set up. It isn't efficient at all which is why I very, very rarely take a ride on it.

Firehawk should be the first thing you ride before the GP gets there because its a very slow line. FoF is kinda slow too (I think, but I'm not totally sure.) Diamondback (and hopefully Banshee) are people-eating machines like most B&Ms.

That color scheme looks a lit better in person than it did in the animation, I like it! I bet this thing will go up fast, I wouldn't be surprised if they have all of the track installed before Christmas.

Say what you will about B&M but they're usually pretty good when it comes to having their rides ready for opening day.

^It's definitely a combination of many things. Construction manager, park pushing to meet deadlines, and also manufacturer input and design quality. The better designed (not speaking of layout, forces, or any of that stuff, but actual technical qualities) something is and more thought out its construction is during the design process, the easier it will be to build.

I love the color scheme. I cannot wait to ride this in the Spring.

We have had a really nice summer here in the KI area. If that continues, there's no reason they shouldn't have the ride done by Thanksgiving. Could be seeing test runs before Christmas possibly. It has been unseasonably mild and dry this year so that has to help alot.

Here's a few Banshee Construction pics from today thanks to Cassy & Travis:

k1.jpg.4dc8f53e1a402910fdf862fe5ee2d080.jpg

Yesssss! Track!

k2.jpg.5c333cd3936f59a264a5e4980850aac7.jpg

More supports...

k3.jpg.e888b37f9c754accfc8adef5a5057fb0.jpg

Pieces of stuff...

k4.jpg.6d41eda138eb43ac7247b5f91e878901.jpg

More footers and things...

k5.jpg.195a43c4a79ccfb7eac4244eb1905f66.jpg

Travis jumped REALLY high in the air to get this pic.

k6.jpg.275aa43eb12f0c688a04e40376f1b25c.jpg

TRADE SECRET!!! This ice cream is actually made out of real Smurfs!

k7.jpg.0f537d6b96bb2127b9a00476e1616748.jpg

It's "Dollar Days" at Kings Island!

k8.jpg.a7bfb084d045098ea9b17425598c7881.jpg

You too can re-create the Coney Island hot dog eating contest for about seventy bucks!

Edited by robbalvey

Do CF parks normally start building this early? I don't really remember from past rides but to be putting in track in August seems very early to me. Obviously this thing is huge but the timescale surprises me.

I want to say Gatekeeper started going up pretty early, too. By at least Sept 7th of 2012 Disaster Transport was already removed and that area was being prepped. Keep in mind Kings Island usually opens for the season a week or so before Cedar Point does.

^ And perhaps it saves them money starting earlier as there is less weather to worry about. If they add a little buffer room to the tail end of their schedule they don't have to play catch up every time a snowstorm runs through.

Also, seeing construction and supports peek out from over that wall gives guests another visual incentive to renew or purchase a pass for next season.