TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^I respect your opinion, but I have never had, what I would call, a good ride on a Batman Clone. And to use the word "majority" is saying that you know everyones opinion. I disagree that most people would want Banshee to be like Batman.

^I respect your opinion, but I have never had, what I would call, a good ride on a Batman Clone. And to use the word "majority" is saying that you know everyones opinion. I disagree that most people would want Banshee to be like Batman.

You're one of the few people that I have heard say that you didn't enjoy the Batman clones. So I would actually disagree with you saying that most people wouldn't want Banshee to be like Batman. I rode B:TR at SFGAdv last month and I would love to see another B&M have forces like the Batman clones do.

I've loved every Batman clone I've ever rode. I'd love for Banshee to have those forces! Everytime my home park's Batman (SFStL) coaster pulls into the breaks my jaw is open and I'm just staring at my friends in amazement, and I've been riding that coaster for 12 years.

I've loved every Batman clone I've ever rode. I'd love for Banshee to have those forces! Everytime my home park's Batman (SFStL) coaster pulls into the breaks my jaw is open and I'm just staring at my friends in amazement, and I've been rideing that coaster for 12 years.

I love Batman too. The only other ride in the park that has as many forces is American Thunder with its extreme airtime.

^ Oh Lord! Lol! Granted, I am hoping the Action Zone does get a re-theme to a dark/creepy area. We have Banshee, Flight Deck could become Bat, Drop Zone could be renamed and repainted as well as Congo Falls and Delirium. I'm just not creative enough to throw out some ideas for those names lol! But I do love the idea. Someone else mentioned it several pages back and thats what got me thinking about it as well. We shall see I guess.

^I feel like Drop Tower: Scream Zone and Delerium could stay the same. Just rename/theme Congo Falls, Invertigo, and Flight Deck (obvious Bat). Can't wait for some serious vertical construction! I try to test ride Windseeker whenever I can to get a peek at the site....

^I feel like Drop Tower: Scream Zone and Delerium could stay the same. Just rename/theme Congo Falls, Invertigo, and Flight Deck (obvious Bat). Can't wait for some serious vertical construction! I try to test ride Windseeker whenever I can to get a peek at the site....

I totally agree, drop tower seems like a roller coaster named roller coaster. But to me, Flight Deck is OK, though I wouldn't be supprised if it was renamed The Bat

I would love to see a whole new re-theme of Action Zone. IMO it does need one, as others have said it would be nice to see Flight deck get renamed to the bat. A dark theme would be great it would be like Halloween all year round. My favorite Holiday!

If anyone will be at KI on Wednesday and would like to meet up, lets plan this!

I'll be there with a friend, leaving from Cleveland area.

That being said, if anyone wants to go thats on the way from Cleveland to Mason, I wouldn't mind picking ya up for some gas money

^ Oh Lord! Lol! Granted, I am hoping the Action Zone does get a re-theme to a dark/creepy area. We have Banshee, Flight Deck could become Bat, Drop Zone could be renamed and repainted as well as Congo Falls and Delirium. I'm just not creative enough to throw out some ideas for those names lol! But I do love the idea. Someone else mentioned it several pages back and thats what got me thinking about it as well. We shall see I guess.

That was me. As for the drop tower, maybe we could see the return of the Hellevator?

That being said, if anyone wants to go thats on the way from Cleveland to Mason, I wouldn't mind picking ya up for some gas money

PMed!

As much as I'd love to see Action Zone rethemed and modernized (seriously, the area feels VERY 90's) it simply doesn't seem like something Cedar Fair would ever do. The most we might see would probably be repainting/theming Flight Deck to The Bat.

I think eventually we could see a path between Action Zone and X-Base constructed. Have it go under Banshee in Action Zone like the one that connects the midway to Blue Streak and goes under Raptor at Cedar Point but longer, and then loop it around Adventure Express (the final nail in the coffin for this ride's dying theming) and along the backside of Flight of Fear's launch tunnel portion of the building, maybe extending the X-Base section back down behind it and painting the building to look like a hangar and maybe put some appropriate midway games back there. I also always thought that an S&S Screamin' Swing or Gerstlauer Skyfly would work well back there. Maybe a ride like River Battle at Dollywood but themed to a sort of experimental battleship?

I think the part that goes from Banshee to the X-Base extension could probably retain Banshee's Halloween theme. The park is also missing a good vertical/beyond vertical drop coaster, so I could see an S&S El Loco or a Eurofighter fitting in there. A water ride would work well too, I could see something themed to a swamp monster fitting n back there.

Just my two cents.

PMed!

I responded already haha.

I havent been to Kings Island since the loop was still on SOB when that was around.

I can't wait to GP the hell out of this.

I've been feeling the urge for a dark ride since there is no more Disaster Transport at CP (not saying it was great, but it was dark) so FoF is going to be stellar.

PMed!

As much as I'd love to see Action Zone rethemed and modernized (seriously, the area feels VERY 90's) it simply doesn't seem like something Cedar Fair would ever do. The most we might see would probably be repainting/theming Flight Deck to The Bat.

I think eventually we could see a path between Action Zone and X-Base constructed. Have it go under Banshee in Action Zone like the one that connects the midway to Blue Streak and goes under Raptor at Cedar Point but longer, and then loop it around Adventure Express (the final nail in the coffin for this ride's dying theming) and along the backside of Flight of Fear's launch tunnel portion of the building, maybe extending the X-Base section back down behind it and painting the building to look like a hangar and maybe put some appropriate midway games back there. I also always thought that an S&S Screamin' Swing or Gerstlauer Skyfly would work well back there. Maybe a ride like River Battle at Dollywood but themed to a sort of experimental battleship?

I think the part that goes from Banshee to the X-Base extension could probably retain Banshee's Halloween theme. The park is also missing a good vertical/beyond vertical drop coaster, so I could see an S&S El Loco or a Eurofighter fitting in there. A water ride would work well too, I could see something themed to a swamp monster fitting n back there.

Just my two cents.

Love, love, love this idea!

For King's Island, they lack some Intamin awesomeness. Something like Maverick, iSpeed, Or even the 10 Inversion with the improved lap bar?

I think something like Maverick would be amazing flying through those woods around KI! Right behind Firehawk would be a good place for one!