TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I agree every B&M invert I've ever rode has been an enjoyable ride without any head banging. Glad to see the new restraints, makes it nice for us bigger guys.

Batman The Ride at Great Adventure is starting to get rough I think. There's always at least one moment of headbanging. That's the only time I can think of where I've experienced a rough invert.

Just noticed this now, but is there a stock set of Banshee screams that is commonly used? The one in the opening of the Banshee videos is identical to some enemy Banshee screeches in Mass Effect 3.

There are many, many stock sound effects that get used over and over in all kinds of media. They're especially easy to pick out if they're used in a video game you've played, since you've heard it over and over. I got the chance to skim through a professional sound effects library while in music school and was amazed at how many of them I recognized, particularly vocal effects like screaming and "guy getting punched" sounds.

I agree every B&M invert I've ever rode has been an enjoyable ride without any head banging. Glad to see the new restraints, makes it nice for us bigger guys.

Batman The Ride at Great Adventure is starting to get rough I think. There's always at least one moment of headbanging. That's the only time I can think of where I've experienced a rough invert.

Yeah I get that with age there is going to be a little head banging through some elements but for the most part B&M seem to hold up pretty well. I guess I should say I've experienced some myself. Had a little on Raptor and a little on Alpengeist the last time I rode it.

I'm loving this new addition! A couple of points though....I saw several pages back that someone said that at first glance they thought the inline went through the second loop, I think that would have been REALLY cool! Secondly, I wish they would have added another inversion or two. One more inversion would have made a record for most inversions on an invert correct? None the less, like I said, awesome addition. I love the color scheme, and the station looks so cool! I hope they have a recording of the Banshee scream for the station. Have the scream played everytime a train is getting ready to exit the station!

^I'm dubious about a ride having a "record-breaking number of inversions," as they just seem a bit pointless--for example, the string of "heartline rolls" (or whatever they're called) on Thorpe's Colossus. That being said, inversions are what makes an inverted coaster, anyway.

I think Banshee inverts itself enough.

I wonder if an extra inversion (a corkscrew would fit nice at the end) was proposed but the park decided to go with the longer brake run ability to run a third train? I'm a little surprised they didn't manage one more to break the record, I think a bigger chunk of the GP would be drawn to "most loops" instead of "most track", especially when the ride length isn't any longer than most other roller coasters out there.

Consider me excited, though - I'm glad to see another invert getting built, and I really hope this one turns out forceful!

I think it's more about variety. Colossus' repeated inversions lead it to be a bit boring at its end. Banshee looks to have a nice variety.

Agreed--Banshee does have a nice mixture of elements.

I honestly can't wait to go next year. My sister lives like 15 minutes away from the park! The last time i've been to King's Island was when Diamondback opened. I'm loving the color scheme, and wish more parks would be adventurous with their coaster colors! No mid-course break run is a plus, and the awesome pretzel/batwing element is HUGE. Based on the POV's, it looks like the coaster picks up some speed at the bottom of the two inversions.

I do think that over time, a few of the BMTR clones have become a bit too "head-bangy" for me. At my home park, SFOG, I can only stand to ride it once or twice. More rides than that and I have a massive headache. These restraints remind me a lot of the Vekoma vest-style restraints they used on Carolina Cobra, which i really prefer over the usual horse-collars (even on a Vekoma)

I just hope the ride has some "balls" unlike most recent B&M's. I'm not saying it has to be Batman: The Ride Intense, but a few moments of intensity would be nice.

Well, it seems to me that the ride seems to have a nice buildup to it, with some nice big, full throttle esque hang time inducing inversions, building up to the wickid fast/intense elements.

^ I've noticed a lot of people saying they get head banging on the Batman clones. I personally never have. Does it have anything to do with body type?

Well, I'm 5'4 and about 110 pounds and BTR clones, especially in the corkscrews, do produce some headbanging. But for some of my bigger friends, (5'10 and 220ish. Yes, I'm friends with some linebackers) it's completely headbanging free. It's odd. But that's what I've found on the SFOT clone.

^^The general consensus was that OzIris was not very intense, and I do not have that much hope for this one either. I can easily see it being another Talon or Silver Bullet.

However, I do have some strong positive feelings, as well. Although this may not be my favorite type of coaster, it does seem to be exactly what the park needs; it currently lacks a modern, high capacity looping coaster. So, even though this may not be my favorite coaster type, I am actually glad that they are installing this.

On an unrelated note, would this give KI a very Carowinds-esque lineup? The three most popular rides at both parks will be a B&M hyper, a B&M invert, and a Flying Dutchman.