TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

goatdan,

During the week especially now schools are starting you would be fine without fast lane. I think even on a weekend if you play your cards right you should only need fast lane and not the plus. Right at park opening go to Firehawk. That is the slowest line in the park and it really only needs to be ridden once since it isn't really that good(in my opinion). The Beast would be fine if you hit it before 11 but if you want a night ride or a lot of rides plus might be good. I would check the crowd out before making the purchase.

Thanks everyone! So now my question is how can I tell if the park is busy or not, are there indicators, or is it if I get in line and it's a long wait?

How are the lines for Flight of Fear and Stunt Coaster? I definitely want to ride FOF at least a few times, I have missed that thing.

Given the colors they chose for the track, take away the tombstones and they could've brought back the old name of Dutch Wonderland's wooden coaster and it would've fit just as well.

That's about how I feel about the colors too. Princess Banshee! I can't wait to ride you.

FoF is usually at least 30 minutes. I usually look at the parking lot to see the crowd. An average to large crowd, the parking lot is full to the North parking entrance gate. If it goes past that it is really crowded and Fast Lane is a must. If you have extra money a fast lane would be worth it to me especially if it was my only visit of the year. You could start without and if the lines start getting more than 15 minutes go buy one.

^ This was PERFECT info, thanks!

If you have extra money a fast lane would be worth it to me especially if it was my only visit of the year.

It's only only visit of the last decade. I don't live that far from Cincinnati, and I've probably visited 50+ parks in that time, but somehow always missed it. The guy who I'm going with, it's going to be his first visit period.

Again, thanks - I know not to purchase in advance now, and I also know what to look for when we pull in. Kudos!

Well, I guess I came in late hearing the good news about Banshee a-coming in screaming into Kings Island. I believe this would convince me to renew my CEDAR FAIR PLATINUM PASS for the 2014 SEASON ( I'm sure my home park of Kings Dominion will come up with something decent for next season, not to mention going to Knotts Berry Farm during next year's vacation to California).

Here's a trip idea: since Louisville, Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio are about an hour's drive between each other, I could stay at my usual motel in Louisville, visit both Kings Island and the brand new Kentucky Kingdom, and even go to Hoilday World as a bonus.

I wonder what new coaster Kentucky Kingdom would put it, but that is a discussion at another topic. I would like to close by saying I will need to stay in shape and save my pennies 'cos 2014 is gonna be some year for this rider and amusement park flyer!!!

From the Ohio river to KI is about 25 minutes. KI is exit 24 (meaning 24 miles from the border) Border to I71 split is 19.7 miles. Split to Louisville is 76 miles for a total of 119.7 miles. Sparta KY to KI would be around an hour. KK to KI would be close to 1:45 going the speed limit.

Thanks everyone! So now my question is how can I tell if the park is busy or not, are there indicators, or is it if I get in line and it's a long wait?

How are the lines for Flight of Fear and Stunt Coaster? I definitely want to ride FOF at least a few times, I have missed that thing.

You can normally judge by the parking lot, I would recommend getting there early. I would ride Invertigo, FOF, or Firehawk right out of the gate. These attractions are normally the longest, hit them first thing and you can focus your time on the other attractions. Stunt Coaster wait isn't too bad if you hit it after the other ones I listed above. Hope this helps!

Only times I have thought the fast pass may be worth getting at kings island is around the holidays and Halloween haunt. If you're there during the week especially now don't get it schools are going to be started again.

I've made the drive from louisville in about an hour. I live right across the river from cincy. And yes I was speeding very much so.

I just got back from Kings Island a few weekends ago. I was there at park opening and we went to FOF and Firehawk first, followed by Backlot Stunt Coaster. Honestly, if you can knock those out and bear the burden of Invertigo having a bit of a wait, that should work out well for you. I went on a nice Sunday and didn't need Flash Pass to ride everything including two rides on Diamondback and Three on The Beast, as well as Boo Blasters and the Log Flume.

It will really help to have a ride where you are not headbashing especially on an invert.

Can't say I've experienced headbashing on a B&M inverted coaster- certainly not to the point where I got off the ride thinking that they really ought to consider redesigning the restraint system.

Edited by Ed Farmer

I think the most interesting part of Banshee will be to see the new wingrider restraints.

If they remove the headbashing then it will get a much higher ridership.

It will really help to have a ride where you are not headbashing especially on an invert.

I agree with that, they are really nice, but I feel like its going to take longer because those restrains are harder to close, so dispatch times may be longer.

I just got back from KI. The crowds are getting smaller now that some schools are in session. I also saw some small support type things laying on the ground near Banshee. I would think we should see some vertical developments soon. Looked to be small supports like train storage area. Nothing very exciting yet.