TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

That's really cool! Especially if the tombstones are from their past coasters and attractions.

Or the victims of Son of Beast.

I think everyone that rode SOB are technically victims so that would get kind of crowded.

I think this sums up the feelings of many who survived Son of Beast.

As long as the trains don't suffer from the wing-rider tight shoulder problem, I wouldn't mind seeing them on the more rougher inverts.

Are there any rough B&M inverts? I've never ridden one. I actually think the inverts age better than all of their other coasters.

I'd say every Batman clone I have ridden is rough.

The only one I've ridden is the one at SFSTL, and it is one of the smoothest rides I've ridden.

The roughest B&M I've ridden is Kraken at SeaWorld. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't comfortable.

I just got to watch the footage from the announcement at KI. That was great! A lot of energy in the crowd! They definitely had a great presentation for what is going to be a great coaster! I'm really excited to ride it! This will be the 3rd coaster addition at KI since I've last been there so hopefully 2014 will be my year!

The roughest B&M I've ridden is Kraken at SeaWorld. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't comfortable.

I would agree with that. I rode Kraken the first time in October 2001 and it was so smooth, then rode it again in March 2012...and it wasn't bad, but it was rougher than I remember.

^ I think Kings Island should re theme all of action zone to a spooky theme. There could be the bat, banshee, derilium could be renamed to spider, etc. That could easliy turn IMO one of the worst themed sections of Kings Island to a very good one.

^ I think Kings Island should re theme all of action zone to a spooky theme. There could be the bat, banshee, derilium could be renamed to spider, etc. That could easliy turn IMO one of the worst themed sections of Kings Island to a very good one.

A permanent Halloween-ish area. I like it. If only Cedar Fair would move in directions like this.

Okay, now that the Banshee talk has died down a bit, I'm heading to the park this week Thursday and I'm wondering about if people think it is worth doing Fastlane or not. I've never had the opportunity to do it at a Cedar Fair park, so I have no idea what to expect. I will say it will be my first time there in ages, and I definitely want to ride everything. Cost is not a huge factor (because I figure if I need to do it, it is WAY cheaper then coming back a second day at some undefined point in the future), but I also don't want to spend the money if I shouldn't need it.

Any thoughts? Also, is it worth getting the Firehawk / Beast upgrade? Gut says yes?

Okay, now that the Banshee talk has died down a bit, I'm heading to the park this week Thursday and I'm wondering about if people think it is worth doing Fastlane or not. I've never had the opportunity to do it at a Cedar Fair park, so I have no idea what to expect. I will say it will be my first time there in ages, and I definitely want to ride everything. Cost is not a huge factor (because I figure if I need to do it, it is WAY cheaper then coming back a second day at some undefined point in the future), but I also don't want to spend the money if I shouldn't need it.

Any thoughts? Also, is it worth getting the Firehawk / Beast upgrade? Gut says yes?

Fast Lane is really nice, but in my opinion it's not THAT necessary at Kings Island. The waits for rides never get beyond an hour on an average weekday.

If you do get Fast Lane, though, just stick with the regular wrist band. Just ride Firehawk first, and Beast is usually around 30 to 45 mins most of the day, which isn't TOO bad. You'll have plenty of time to ride it if you're skipping the lines of everything else.

So track has been produced, my friend that lives right next to Clermont Steel Plant showed me pictures of it, but those photos were taken from the plants parking lot, so I'm not sure if I can post them.

Why would that be a problem? I'd love to see the track

So track has been produced, my friend that lives right next to Clermont Steel Plant showed me pictures of it, but those photos were taken from the plants parking lot, so I'm not sure if I can post them.

Was he trespassing? If he was in a public place and the track was out in the opening, I don't see a problem. We just can't allow photos that were taken from a private area to be put on the forums.

Fast Lane is really nice, but in my opinion it's not THAT necessary at Kings Island. The waits for rides never get beyond an hour on an average weekday.

If you do get Fast Lane, though, just stick with the regular wrist band. Just ride Firehawk first, and Beast is usually around 30 to 45 mins most of the day, which isn't TOO bad. You'll have plenty of time to ride it if you're skipping the lines of everything else.

If I end up buying it, and the park isn't very busy, is there still any benefit to it?

Also, is there a benefit other than guaranteeing you can still get them in ordering early?

Thanks!

If I end up buying it, and the park isn't very busy, is there still any benefit to it?

Also, is there a benefit other than guaranteeing you can still get them in ordering early?

Thanks!

The benefit to it is that you can go ride tons of rides all day long, there's no limit on how many times you can use it. If they're aren't a lot of cars in the parking lot when you pull in, skip it. A lot of area schools are starting to head back to school, so the crowds should die down over the next two weeks. Usually it gets pretty dead. Ride Firehawk first thing though, no matter how great the crew is there, that thing has such a slow ride cycle that it can take forever. Also, hit Invertigo quickly too for the same reason. Dback, Vortex, Racer are all people eaters so those are easy. Take the time to wait for a front seat ride on The Beast, and ride Adventure Express many times!! Have a fun time and don't forget the Blueberry ice cream in kiddie land.

It all depends when you go, if your going through the week you will be ok without fast lane. If you plan on going on the weekend you will need fast lane. Lines are usually long on the weekend due to fast lane if your waiting in stand by.

Was he trespassing? If he was in a public place and the track was out in the opening, I don't see a problem. We just can't allow photos that were taken from a private area to be put on the forums.

She said they were taken from the parking lot of the factory, so I guess she was trespassing