TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I'm personally very excited for Banshee! I was there at the announcement and nearly everyone loved it! I can't wait to ride the world's longest inverted rollercoaster Banshee!

I saw them evac it the last time I was at KI (three years ago). But they did get it up and running pretty later that day.

The only very major downtime Diamondback has had was last year when they closed it for about a week because they needed to do some structural work on some of the footers. Other than that I've never seen Diamondback down for a long time. On Banshee's announcement day they where having (I think) Restraint issues so they closed it down for a little bit.

thoughts:

pros: spread out, large inversions, overall length, great first drop, good pacing, first major USA B&M invert since 97, good addition for Halloween events at the park, new wing rider style harnesses

cons: could use a tunnel/subterrean feature, why not go 8+ inversions, kind of feels like Montu (at least to me), potential for ride to be a bit drawn out with slow elements/hang time

neutral: where is the exact fastest point in the ride if it's not at the bottom of the first drop? why no block brake?

overall: looks like a great ride

follow me @bejackso06 on twitter

You mean since Silver Bullet in 2004

You mean since Patriot in 2006.

my apologies, you're correct. forgot about those two

Also, on an unrelated note, but why doesn't Raptor ever get mentioned with Montu and Dragons ans Alpengeist or Katun or Nemesis as an old school B&M? I love Raptor, almost prefer it to Dragons and Montu, but seems like everyone always forgets about that one!

that's actually a pretty good point - raptor is a terrific ride

Also, on an unrelated note, but why doesn't Raptor ever get mentioned with Montu and Dragons ans Alpengeist or Katun or Nemesis as an old school B&M? I love Raptor, almost prefer it to Dragons and Montu, but seems like everyone always forgets about that one!

Its French cousin is even better. Unfortunately Banshee's French cousin (OzIris) is horrible. This means Banshee might be even worse...

I like Raptor. It's not on the level of Nemesis or Montu, but is better than Alpengeist. As for how Banshee stacks up, that remains to be seen.

I think it's funny that everyone bashes this as forceless already. No one has ridden it unless some of you on here have an amazing setup where you take a POV and put it into your motion-simulator in your basement and ride it that way?

Lets look at it though. Parks don't put out coasters just for the 20% of us that are major enthusiasts. They want something the GP will eat up. And with KI being in the top 5 attended parks in the US annually, you think they're worried that 20% of the attendees wont like it? Or are they more worried about that other 80% that will drive hours, spend hundreds of dollars and tell all their friends about it?

I mean come on people, we all love coasters, want to see something new, innovative, forceful or crazy, but are you really faulting a park for building a people-eater that the general public will eat up and will generate millions of revenue for them? I bet fast-passes will be very hard to come by next at KI because will buy them just to make sure they can get on Banshee.

There's a lot of crazy talk, crazy people and trolling going on for the past 30 pages. Am I a kI fanboy? I guess since it is my home park, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you wonderful the ride will be and how dumb you are for not liking it. The best part of it for me is that it will pull riders from other rides like Dback, Beast, Vortex and all so they will have shorter lines. It's amazing how everyone swarms on here and hates on things that they have no idea about. Just because you're an enthusiast doesn't mean you know it all or can tell from a POV what something is like.

And I think the coaster may have cost a little more because it is built on varying terrain so there's more development/structural cost. It's not like most coasters that are built on a flat expanse of land.

While it is true that has yet to open, a lot of people are basing that off of what they have experienced on the B&M's of the past decade. Sure we won't know for sure how exactly it is until it opens, but that is not to say people can't make informed guesses of what will happen. I would feel it is safe to say that this won't likely hit Batman/Raptor/Nemesis intensity, but it could surprise some folks too. Time will tell for sure how it is.

. No one has ridden it unless some of you on here have an amazing setup where you take a POV and put it into your motion-simulator in your basement and ride it that way?

You don't have one of these yet? I thought they were mandatory for all enthusiasts.......

I'm personally excited for this ride when I visit the park for the first time next year. B&M inverts for me have always been risky because I always either love the ride or come off feeling sick, even if its the same ride. This however, doesn't look like anything I would have a problem with. Its always nice to ride something and not worry about getting sick!

The ride bashing before it's even built is a normal/typical thing. New ride announcement = "eventhough I have not ridden it yet since int's not even put together this ride is going to be forceless, or boring, or not have enough airtime, etc".... While I will never understand how some people can be total experts on something that isn't even running yet it's amusing how they think they know EXACTLY how the ride is going to be and feel. YOLO coaster was a different story in the sense that many people (including me) bashed it for being really short, which it is, but as it turns out a lot of people THAT HAVE ACTUALLY RIDDEN IT like it a lot and I probably will too, isn't that funny?

I LOVE B&M Inverts, long or short, forceful or not, that ride type is a lot of fun to me. This ride looks amazing and I know it's just a rendering but I really like the way the train smoothly and gracefully goes through the elements and this looks like it's going to be a blast, too bad it's so far away from me, I would love to ride it.

Have any specs been released yet as far as lift height, etc? I've only seen the speed mentioned.

I would think that even if it's not forceful, which I would say is going to be unlikely, it's still going to be a very fun ride, it has a unique layout, to barrel rolls, and it doesn't even reach top speed until the middle of the ride, that's pretty cool.

That's really cool! Especially if the tombstones are from their past coasters and attractions.

Or the victims of Son of Beast.

That would be hysterical, but kinda cruel. I also watched the POV and Off-ride again and I saw those tombstones, and more at the bottom of the batwing. And is it just me or does the lift feel a little slow, or is it just because it's long?