TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I am loving how much all the haters are telling us this ride will be big, boring and force less from only a few simulation videos and photo's without even riding the ride yet.

- Every person trying to defend a new B&M 2001-2013

Not trying to defend any B&M at all. I have no loyalty or own any stock in the company. Just don't understand how someone will know it will be boring without riding it.

As the wise coaster sage who lives In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy wrote, "...I'm not going to make any judgments on Banshee, either, until I've ridden it for myself or heard from others whose opinions I trust..." Seems to me that's pretty smart reasoning there.

Except for Diamondback (love the floater air), I don't really like any of the B&M's made since Raging Bull (1999) either. I agree they lack any real force or thrills compared to the older ones and don't even get me started about wing riders. But with this ride being the longest and fastest inverted coaster maybe B&M will find their mojo again or maybe not, we'll have to wait and see.

The ride itself looks good, but i'm not a huge fan of the colors, I would have rather seen them go with a dark green or black for the track rather than bright pink/purple. I really hope they keep up with painting it so it doesn't end up looking like Xcelerator.

We are complaining about the colors now!! haha At least it's a unique color scheme. Someone else would have bitched if it was green track!

OMG, this thread is funny!

How long before we here, "I don't really like Banshees location. Why couldn't they have built it on the other side of the park?" or "I don't really like the station." or "I don't like the pullout of the station. Why can't it have a little drop following?" or "Im concerned it's not going to make be blackout with is forces on the bat wing." or "I'm from Ohio but I was picked on my whole life and now I detest anything from Ohio!"

Feel free to add...

I think Banshee looks awesome and is something that I wish Kings Island had gotten long ago. I also hope they put the tombstones around the track, maybe some near misses with some bigger tombstones. The colour scheme is a very unique one that hasn't been in many park(or any?), so I like that. I think it may also add some added near-miss thing to Delirium depending on how far away the drop actually is from Delirium's swing.

I am loving how much all the haters are telling us this ride will be big, boring and force less from only a few simulation videos and photo's without even riding the ride yet.

Exactly. It's not about judging a ride by an animated POV. It's about knowing what kind of rides B&M has built for the last 10+ years. Why would they change this now when a middle-of-the-road B&M will still be in the top 2 rides for this park?

Unique layout, no MCBR, I like it! The color is cool as well.

Apparently top speed isn't reached until the second half, so that's pretty cool. Should give it great pace and an intense second half!

It is a shame, B&M were the kings up into the 2000s but Intamin just makes more intense rides, as well as taking the mantle of innovativeness. Kind of given B&M a bad rep...and I DO get it, their rides have become much less forceful, trimming the hypers. But this should be without those things, and it seems less spread out than Alpengeist

Edited by JJLehto

The ride itself looks good, but i'm not a huge fan of the colors, I would have rather seen them go with a dark green or black for the track rather than bright pink/purple. I really hope they keep up with painting it so it doesn't end up looking like Xcelerator.

We are complaining about the colors now!! haha At least it's a unique color scheme. Someone else would have bitched if it was green track!

OMG, this thread is funny!

How long before we here, "I don't really like Banshees location. Why couldn't they have built it on the other side of the park?" or "I don't really like the station." or "I don't like the pullout of the station. Why can't it have a little drop following?" or "Im concerned it's not going to make be blackout with is forces on the bat wing." or "I'm from Ohio but I was picked on my whole life and now I detest anything from Ohio!"

Feel free to add...

I have to say, people that complain about complainers, or almost as obnoxious as the complainers themselves.

Exactly. It's not about judging a ride by an animated POV. It's about knowing what kind of rides B&M has built for the last 10+ years. Why would they change this now when a middle-of-the-road B&M will still be in the top 2 rides for this park?

I always laugh when poeple try to down-grade a B&M for not being as forceful. The days of Nemesis and BTR were over 10 years ago people....

I always laugh when poeple try to down-grade a B&M for not being as forceful. The days of Nemesis and BTR were over 10 years ago people....

It's not so much that older B&M's were more forceful, it's more so that other companies have pushed the limits while B&M has backed off the intensity. It's what sells for them, so I don't fault them by any means...but that's the reality.

^I think Joey is right--they're just providing what the parks want. Just as Intamin is the "go-to" company when a park wants to push the envelope a bit.

Edited by cfc

It's not so much that older B&M's were more forceful, it's more so that other companies have pushed the limits while B&M has backed off the intensity. It's what sells for them, so I don't fault them by any means...but that's the reality.

Precisely.

Also it's the enthusiast factor (happens with ALL things) but if something isn't omg super awesome it thus "sucks" when really most B&Ms are fun still.

KI just posted an on ride POV to their Facebook page. Not sure if it's been posted already, but here it is:

Yes, it's been posted like 100 times to the thread, our Facebook page, our YouTube Channel, our Twitter, etc, etc...

Edited by robbalvey