TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Anyone else notice how B&M has received quite the plug on Kings Island's website?

B&M roller coasters are renowned for their smooth ride, comfortable seats and restraints, reliability, low maintenance, impeccable safety record and ride capacity

Granted, a park is going to say good things about whichever manufacturer has been selected to build their new ride(s), but I can't help but take this as a slight swing at some recent, less-reliable manufacturers for CF (e.g. Intamin and Mondial). Perhaps I'm reading too much into it! haha

I noticed that too and I don't think you are reading too much into it. Like you say, of course they are going to say only good things about a manufacturer they just picked for their new ride but it seems like they are going a little bit over the top in emphasizing this on the KI website and also at the announcement ceremony last night. While it may be true to an extent I hope this doesn't scare CF away from picking Intamin rides in the future for their chain because they make the majority of my favorite coasters.

Alpengeist is listed as 67mph and Banshee is 68mph. So Banshee must gain/have more speed after the Zero-G Roll by going downhill into the Batwing

Banshee's speed is theoretical right now. Could be faster/slower once it's actually built. PR stats don't really mean anything.

I am loving how much the KI fanboys are going crazy for this.

You guys... We all know that this thing is going to open and all of the Ohio enthusiasts are going to sing praises of how intense and brilliant this is. (The same way that Diamondback was praised as an airtime machine). Then everyone else is going to go visit KI and realize that it's really not all that.

Looks big and boring. And let's be honest... It's going up be forceless. Will be perfect for that park!

There... I said it!

I am loving how much all the haters are telling us this ride will be big, boring and force less from only a few simulation videos and photo's without even riding the ride yet.

Anyone else notice how B&M has received quite the plug on Kings Island's website?

B&M roller coasters are renowned for their smooth ride, comfortable seats and restraints, reliability, low maintenance, impeccable safety record and ride capacity

Granted, a park is going to say good things about whichever manufacturer has been selected to build their new ride(s), but I can't help but take this as a slight swing at some recent, less-reliable manufacturers for CF (e.g. Intamin and Mondial). Perhaps I'm reading too much into it! haha

I noticed that too and I don't think you are reading too much into it. Like you say, of course they are going to say only good things about a manufacturer they just picked for their new ride but it seems like they are going a little bit over the top in emphasizing this on the KI website and also at the announcement ceremony last night. While it may be true to an extent I hope this doesn't scare CF away from picking Intamin rides in the future for their chain because they make the majority of my favorite coasters.

I wouldn't read that much into it, either. What else are they going to say about the company that's providing their ride?

You guys... We all know that this thing is going to open and all of the Ohio enthusiasts are going to sing praises of how intense and brilliant this is. (The same way that Diamondback was praised as an airtime machine). Then everyone else is going to go visit KI and realize that it's really not all that.

Looks big and boring. And let's be honest... It's going up be forceless. Will be perfect for that park!

There... I said it!

I am loving how much all the haters are telling us this ride will be big, boring and force less from only a few simulation videos and photo's without even riding the ride yet.

I haven't been as taken with the current crop of B&M coasters, either (for example, Gatekeeper), although I do like Diamondback. I also prefer the older B&M inverts, such as Nemesis and the Batman clones, to newer ones I've ridden, such as Patriot. That being said, I'm not going to make any judgments on Banshee, either, until I've ridden it for myself or heard from others whose opinions I trust.

Word to the wise.

Edited by cfc

- Every person trying to defend a new B&M 2001-2013

I'm not a big fan of the inline-twist. It feels too 'RCT' to me. I also don't like the slow roll transition of the zero-g roll. The feeling of being whipped through an inversion while floating is great.

I love heartline twists because on some rides you go slow enough that you like you're going to fall out.

I missed it in the original press release but Screamscape mentioned that the top speed isn't at the bottom of the first drop but instead somewhere in the second half of the layout. This thing will likely still be "less forceful" than some old school B&Ms but if its going to be running close to 70mph through the second half of the ride into the brake run maye there's a slight possibility of it having some old school intensity.

Also, on an unrelated note, but why doesn't Raptor ever get mentioned with Montu and Dragons ans Alpengeist or Katun or Nemesis as an old school B&M? I love Raptor, almost prefer it to Dragons and Montu, but seems like everyone always forgets about that one!

Also, on an unrelated note, but why doesn't Raptor ever get mentioned with Montu and Dragons ans Alpengeist or Katun or Nemesis as an old school B&M? I love Raptor, almost prefer it to Dragons and Montu, but seems like everyone always forgets about that one!

I like Dragon Challenge, but I don't see why they are favored over other inverts. Chinese Fireball is slightly better than Batman at SFSTL, but Hungarian Horntail was kind of boring to me, and Batman was better IMO.

I think Banshee will most likely end up in my top 5 coasters. It looks like it will be speedy, fun, and something that I'd want to reride over and over.

The ride itself looks good, but i'm not a huge fan of the colors, I would have rather seen them go with a dark green or black for the track rather than bright pink/purple. I really hope they keep up with painting it so it doesn't end up looking like Xcelerator.

We knew it was going to be an invert. Even knowing this, I am just not impressed. Really getting tired of B&M. It would have been nice to see something from Intamin go up at KI. Just my opinion. I am sure it will be a fun ride, but the only thing that stands out to me is the in line roll. I don't mind that one element being dragged out like it is on this coaster. Everything else looks fine and typical of a B&M. Oh, the drop looks good too. I forgot about that until right now.

There... I said it!

All I care about is there will be a zero G roll at Kings Island now If this ride can come close to Afterburn/Top Gun I'll be ecstatic. I do love the intensity the Batmans bring, but I love a long ride duration; so I could spare some intensity for the longest invert.

Honestly, if it maintains it's speed I think the in line barrel roll and downward helix o' death are going to be quite the thrill. IMHO, I think the only thing more I would want in this ride would be after the helix o' death to have an abrupt change in direction into an upward helix o' death. Then into the brake run. I think that would have been the cherry on this Ice Cream Sunday.