TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

B/M hasn't built an invert for quite a long time. Looks pretty awesome though. Can't wait to ride it.

2012 wasn't that long ago.

Banshee looks great though. I love the theme of the ride and the layout is great too. I just hope the restraints don't have the same problems that the wing rider restraints have since they look pretty similar.

B&M is definitely stepping up their game with this one. Looks like it will be an incredible ride. Love the speed and unique elements. I especially love that first drop. It looks pretty crazy.

I happen to love B&M inverts quite a bit, and this one looks like it'll be one of the best!

Excited for Kings Island...My favorite Cedar Fair Park! I also love B&M coasters...They are smooth and offer the best ride. I wonder what the next B&M coasters will be at Cedar Fair parks?

2010 - hyper coaster - Carowinds

2012 - giga coaster - Canada's Wonderland

2013 - wing coaster - Cedar Point

2014 - inverted coaster - Kings Island

2015 - hyper coaster - Kings Dominion???

2016 - giga coaster - Knott's???

2017 - wing coaster - Carowinds???

who knows?

From the official page:

" The first female-inspired thrill ride at a Cedar Fair Entertainment amusement park,..."

Aaaaand complaints in 3...2...

agree; i have no idea what kind of PC ploy that was

thoughts:

pros: spread out, large inversions, overall length, great first drop, good pacing, first major USA B&M invert since 97, good addition for Halloween events at the park, new wing rider style harnesses

cons: could use a tunnel/subterrean feature, why not go 8+ inversions, kind of feels like Montu (at least to me), potential for ride to be a bit drawn out with slow elements/hang time

neutral: where is the exact fastest point in the ride if it's not at the bottom of the first drop? why no block brake?

overall: looks like a great ride

follow me @bejackso06 on twitter

I don't mean to complain, the ride looks really cool for the most part, but... am I the only one disappointed in the new trains? I HATED Gatekeeper's restraints, they were terribly uncomfortable for me, and even if B&M solves the tightening problem, it's also the angle of the seats that bothers me. They're tilted upwards, like deep bucket seats, and that made me feel "swallowed up" by the trains and further removed from the experience. These trains appear to have the seats tilted the same way. No head banging is a plus, but has anyone ever complained about head banging on a B&M invert?

I mean seriously, LOOK at how tilted those seats are... you're practically going to be staring up at the track the whole time.

Hmmm...I was hoping for something different (Diving, one of the new S&S designs, Intamin Giga or Maverick type) but I'll take that over a flying, winged, or (B&M) Giga. I welcome these restraints as the older ones can become a problem when the coaster gets older (since Raptor & Batman). It is good that they decided to go a different direction from CP's most recent addition and a different segment than KI's previous addition. The name is an excellent choice and I love the ad. I too hope that they will retheme the Flight Deck to the Bat to go along with this dark direction.

This looks awesome! I love the color scheme, the logo, That First Drop! Also really liking the station rendering. I think I finally will be purchasing the Platinum Pass, almost seems dumb not too. Can't wait!

This is without a doubt my most anticipated Cedar Fair coaster since Intimidator 305 back in 2010. The layout (yay no MCBR), colors, logo, station design, marketing standpoint, ect. are all superb in my opinion.

The only things I'm hesitant about are the new restraints and the lack of refurbishment around the rest of the Action Zone to make this blend in.

Overall, this has me 10/10 looking forward to it and I'll be making the 7 hour drive to KI next season just for this!

I found that strange as well. Is it not the same restraint used on flyers and wind-riders? Maybe they're just making them standard issue now...

It appears to be the same restraint used on wing riders. Flyers use a different restraint (no seat belt!) and I'm honestly really surprised that B&M hasn't used that exact design for their wing riders and now this redesign.

Is there a reason why no inverts have a straight drop instead of a curved sweeping drop? Is it just to make the ride more exciting or something else?

Yes, you don't want to have someone put their legs up on the chair in front of them, lock their knees and then have the train accordion to go down the drop.

I am loving how much the KI fanboys are going crazy for this.

You guys... We all know that this thing is going to open and all of the Ohio enthusiasts are going to sing praises of how intense and brilliant this is. (The same way that Diamondback was praised as an airtime machine). Then everyone else is going to go visit KI and realize that it's really not all that.

Looks big and boring. And let's be honest... It's going up be forceless. Will be perfect for that park!

There... I said it!

I am loving how much the KI fanboys are going crazy for this.

You guys... We all know that this thing is going to open and all of the Ohio enthusiasts are going to sing praises of how intense and brilliant this is. (The same way that Diamondback was praised as an airtime machine). Then everyone else is going to go visit KI and realize that it's really not all that.

Looks big and boring. And let's be honest... It's going up be forceless. Will be perfect for that park!

There... I said it!

Yep! A few pages back one of the Ohio nut jobs called me "TPR's most negative member" for pointing out the widely known fact that modern B&M inverts aren't as good as the old school ones like Dragons, Montu, Katun, Batman, Nemesis, etc.

Banshee will be a smashing success for the park and WAYYYYY better than SOB. But one needs to go into this with realistic expectations considering the types of rides B&M is building these days.