TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

After watching the announcement and the videos I really have no complaints. Thank you kings island.

Ill still hope they re theme top gun and tribute the bat. I won't hold my breath though

I think im the only one that noticed that the promo video is made with Theme Park Studio

So was it TPS that was used to make this? If that's the case, I'm even more excited now for it to come out!

It was not a game. It is 3D Studio Max. Done by the same person who did Gatekeeper and all of the *GOOD* park animations for the past decade or so.

Thanks for clearing that up.

A few things:

AWESOME! This looks great. This article says a few cool things. Lift hill height is 167' and drop is 150'. Also the coaster doesn't reach top speed until halfway through the layout!

About the new trains, it could be awesome, I heard that they were fixing the tightening restraint problem for the Wing Coasters (at least on Gatekeeper), so if it's that same thing, hopefully they make the restraints not perpetually tightening.

During the announcement, he said that the train wouldn't hit it's top speed until the second half of the ride (because of how it sits in a valley), so I'm hoping the last few inversions and turns are pretty forceful.

Dammit...chickenbowl beat me by seconds.

Edited by supertrooper

Anyone else notice how B&M has received quite the plug on Kings Island's website?

B&M roller coasters are renowned for their smooth ride, comfortable seats and restraints, reliability, low maintenance, impeccable safety record and ride capacity

Granted, a park is going to say good things about whichever manufacturer has been selected to build their new ride(s), but I can't help but take this as a slight swing at some recent, less-reliable manufacturers for CF (e.g. Intamin and Mondial). Perhaps I'm reading too much into it! haha

This thing's going to ROCK!!!! I like wing coaster restraints, and I think they'll work very well on an invert. Also can't wait to see how they pull off that station, as well as whether or not they'll put the headstones around the lower parts of the ride (bottom of the batwing, for instance). It looks like Banshee's theming will be up to par with Maverick's.

Is there a reason why no inverts have a straight drop instead of a curved sweeping drop? Is it just to make the ride more exciting or something else?

I believe I saw somewhere that it was a problem with the clearance between the seats when the trains flex to begin a steep drop. Makes sense to me, but not sure of it is true or not.

I really hope they have a media event like they did for Gatekeeper because I would love to just ride this all day. Platinum pass renewed for next year because of Banshee. It looks amazing!

Totally agree. Never been a huge KI fan. Grew up going to Cedar Point. But with living in Indy now it's too far of a drive. KI is now my new home. Glad that I bought a Platinum pass this year and I will be renewing for next year also.

So I finally watched the actual onride POV rendering. Granted this is only a rendering and the real thing could behave much different (much like how I didn't expect that much out of Gold Striker which actually left me surprised), the first few elements appear to feel 'floaty' up to where we hit the batwing-ish element. Batwing and upward turn (reminiscent of the upward spiral on CGA's Flight Deck) appear to pack some good continuous forces. Actually, on CGA's FD, that's the one part that causes me to gray out. The final quick helix looks to pack a bit of forces, though rather quick due to it's smaller size.

All in all, this looks like it could be awesome!

In watching the POV again, I have to agree. From the batwing-esque element all the way to the final brake run, the layout actually looks like it might provide some good speed and intensity. I'm left wondering, though, what sort of sensations that final helix will provide!

If they have a media day event where they invite us, like the Gatekeeper event, and I get the cash together in time, I'm definitely going.

I'd say there's a 1% chance of the media day event being that good! lol Kidding of course!

After watching the video's, it looks as though the top speed will take place right after the zero G.

So are the trains wider now because of the new restraints? It appears that way, but I'm not positive.

I thought so at first too, but looking at stills of the trains on Montu & Silver Bullet they appear to be about the same width, with the edge rider's inner shoulder just under the rails.