TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

http://banshee.com/

Hmmm.. Banshee.com appears to be purchased and ready for content. Nothing Bat related appeared to work.

Edit: When you search the site on a domain tracking site, it comes up with a person named James Moore registering it. When you type "James Moore Kings Island" on google, it comes up with a facebook page for a man named James Moore that lives in Ohio and a Youtube channel of throwback KI videos.

It appears the site was bought/registered on December 29th, 2012.

^^^ I also think it was a fake. Although I liked the idea someone mentioned earlier of renaming Flight Deck to The Bat. If they rethemed Action Zone with a spectral/spooky theme it woulld be awesome. Rename Delirium and Drop Tower and theme up that area, build a dark ride or year-round maze n 2015 and you would have a nice new themed land and a perfectly balanced theme park.I think Delirium would look awesome in gloss black paint (Black Widow?) and Drop Tower needs a new name, please. Eh, not a crime to dream... 4 hours to go...

Those blueprints looked VERY legitimate to me. I could see KI spending some time on making that sweet Bat logo, but not the money it would have cost to draw up fake blueprints. The blueprint of the station shows loading on one side only, and what appears to be a standard inverted train in the station. It won't be anything crazy, just a giant, beautiful inverted coaster, tried and true and supersized. I am totally ok with this. I don't see an inverted wing coaster as a possibity given the clearance shown in the blueprints, and the footers being gauged so close togethe, however, I don't see the concept of an inverted wing coaster as being crazy.

B&M thenselves said they were working on a rotating seat version of the wing coaster as well as LSM launches, but I don't think this will be the year they make their debut. A wing coaster with rotating seats (like Arrow's 4D) would very much resemble an inverted wing coaster. While I'm sure the concept was explored, I can imagine the weight of the trains (the wing coaster train is already very heavy) would quickly become an issue the way it was with X.

Edited by ECZenith

^^ This has already been covered. There is no point to an inverted wing coaster as it can't bring anything new to the table, except lots of very very wide support structures to allow for clearance. It would limit maneuverability, would cost a bunch more in extra supports, and probably wouldn't look that good.

I'm surprised nobody has thrown a guess at "inverted wing coaster."

It was actually talked about extensively a few pages ago. But there's two problems.

First, that theory cannot work with the current blueprints. They show a Rider envelope for a standard Inverted train.

Second, what's the point of it? It would be the same exact ride as a normal Wing Coaster, just way harder to support.

I know this is HIGHLY unlikely, BUT has a theme park ever announced TWO new coasters? This area could fit an invert and wing rider very well and maybe their record breaker is two new coasters in one year? It seems to almost be 50/50 as to it being an invert or a wing rider.

How embarrassing that's my home park too (SFMM) . I guess it's possible plus I don't think Cedar Fair has anything big going on at any of their other parks for 2014 (besides the rumored dark ride at CP) so they could put some heavy money to KI. We shall see.

Edited by adamd

I know this is HIGHLY unlikely, BUT has a theme park ever announced TWO new coasters? This area could fit an invert and wing rider very well and maybe their record breaker is two new coasters in one year? It seems to almost be 50/50 as to it being an invert or a wing rider.

SFGAm announced both V2 and Deja Vu for the same season back in 2001 where V2 opened on time and Deja Vu was SBNO for most of the season until Fright Fest.

SFMM did two in 2011 with Green Lantern and RRE as well to better success (opening them, not necessarily the rides themselves)

However both of these investments were both fairly moderate as far as coasters for big parks goes and didn't require a great deal of time to erect. For KI to do an invert and a wing rider in the same season would be absolutely bananas.

I find a few things interesting about banshee.com.

1) The domain is registered with GoDaddy and is being pointed to GoDaddy servers. No other Kings Island websites seem to be hosted at GoDaddy. They're pointing to these Namesevers (I only checked the Diamondback website and the park website).

Name Server: NS1.CLT.PEAK-10.COM

Name Server: NS1.JAX.PEAK-10.COM

So if they're planning on putting this up on GoDaddy they're doing it for the sole purpose of screwing with us. This seems entirely plausible at this point but I wanted to point it out.

Also... this page is being worked on right now. A few minutes ago it showed an error page but not the default page for a GoDaddy site. It was an Apache error page. The only thing is it looked like it was built in HTML to look like an error page but wasn't a real error page.

Now it's showing "Various Banshees around the web" which is what was there a few months ago according to the web archive. Since it just changed, someone is working on it... and that seems like it can't be a coincidence given the time. It could still be them screwing with us. But it's definitely them.

Edited by coasterbill