TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Well I wonder how many rows will be backwards.

That's actually brilliant. I hadn't thought about it till now, but with SFGAm running Batman Backwards this year, it's at least conceivable that this ride could be designed to run entirely backwards...

I think if I were designing a backwards invert, I would keep the row at the front of the train facing forward, because the experience in the front row of an invert is really awesome.

Or you could do it like an Invertigo, where half face forwards & half backwards...

Gee, all this hatred for wing coasters. I have no idea why people would have such disdain for a type of coaster with big heavy trains that pretty much guarantee a sluggish ride with gentle, drawn-out transitions -OH WAIT.

Gee, all this hatred for wingriders. I have no idea why people would have such disdain for a type of coaster with big heavy trains that pretty much guarantee a sluggish ride with gentle, drawn-out transitions -OH WAIT.

I agree, I just don't understand! I mean, who wouldn't want a more dissapponting coaster type?

I REALLY hope this new coaster is an Invert!

I'll be heading to the park soon if anyone wants to meet up. I'm rocking my old Laser Snake Horse on Fire shirt that Zach and I made for Diamondback, and possibly trolling with a SoB hat. 9 hours and counting!

Seriously? The wing rider is a new concept in the coaster world, there's only 3 of them in the united states for gods sake. If it is a wing rider, (And i'm not saying it is) there shouldn't be so much negativity towards it. Prior to contrary belief, I enjoyed the GateKeeper, it was a unique experience that was smooth, full of inversions, and the unique Keyhole idea over the beautiful new front entrance. I saw online somewhere that GateKeeper was given mainly positive reviews, and why wouldn't it? sure it isn't as phenomenal as the furious raptor or the insane Millennium Force, but it's awesome in its own way and as i've heard, better than the only 2 other coasters in the country like it. I think it would be cool if it was a Wing Rider. I'd even be okay with an invert too, but c'mon everyone. Wing Riders are not that bad. And look at the train theming... it looks cool! awesome on the ride or off. Wing Riders are good coasters sooo....

gatekeeper_043.thumb.jpg.5f1bb6dd26601ca81eb55285a6332b3b.jpg

^^Just so we're clear, B&M makes "wing coasters", Intamin makes "wing riders", yes? I know it's splitting hairs but there is a difference.

And, it's not that Gatekeeper is a bad coaster exactly, but everybody is hoping for "old B&M", and a wing coaster guarantees "new B&M". Gatekeeper isn't quite good enough for anyone to get excited about another one being built right in the same state.

^^Just so we're clear, B&M makes "wing coasters", Intamin makes "wing riders", yes? I know it's splitting hairs but there is a difference.

And, it's not that Gatekeeper is a bad coaster exactly, but everybody is hoping for "old B&M", and a wing coaster guarantees "new B&M". Gatekeeper isn't quite good enough for anyone to get excited about another one being built right in the same state.

Agreed! I feel there's more of a chance for a top-tier coaster if it's an Invert vs a Wing. It would also bother me to have Wing Coasters in Chicago, Sandusky, and Cincy.

Sorry about that... The 2 people above my entry called them Wing Riders, so i just kept the pattern going... oops

Of the three, I've only ridden Gatekeeper. It's a great, fun ride that the GP loves and it eats people. I enjoy riding it. I LOVE just watching it as it is very graceful and quiet. I think its the most "presentable" coaster in the world. I also like it's trains when the lights are on (and working). That said, KI does not need a wing rider because Cedar Point just got one. Also,KI does NOT need a coaster named the Bat again. I think that disrespects the original Bat (which i have ridden) and will confuse people later on down the road. I still say it is going to be a B&M Hyper Invert breaking records for height, length, & speed. It will also be the most expensive at 31 million dollars with excellent theme.

Did anyone consider that they are tearing down Flight Deck?

And, I'll be there this evening. I'll be wearing my Bat T-Shirt.

Also,KI does NOT need a coaster named the Bat again. I think that disrespects the original Bat (which i have ridden) and will confuse people later on down the road.

I fail to see how reusing "The Bat" name would be "disrespectful" of the older, long-defunct ride. If anything, I would think it would honor it. And how will this "confuse" people, exactly? I doubt that anyone would confuse a new "Bat" with an old one that's been gone for nearly 30 years.

I have to concur with the "Reuse the Bat name" statement; if my home park of Kings Dominion decided to take out the Ananconda to put in another ground-breaking coaster ( perhaps our very own wing coaster) and call it "The King Kobra's Revenge", then methinks that no one would be confused with the original King Kobra that rarely ran. Besides, I doubt there are any kids that goes to Kings Dominion today ever heard of the King Kobra, and if they did then they heard it from their parents talking about this crazy launch coaster that debuted in 1977, went forwards and backwards through a loop, and was taken out within ten years, or heard from this rider and amusement park flyer that has been visiting Kings Dominion since 1978.

I'll be glad when Kings Island makes their announcement tonight, then the only speculation we'll have left is what new coaster Kentucky Kingdom will be putting in. Ain't that great or what?

"Make me happy, Kings Island; I might visit you in 2014!!!

That would tend to suggest it won't be the tallest or fastest, as those records usually take precedence for advertising purposes. Steel Dragon 2000 was marketed as the world's tallest coaster, not the world's longest coaster, for example.

Of course, it could still be the fastest/tallest closed circuit inverted, I guess. That might not be as marketable.

Nice find.

Edited by OCJ48

World's longest invert has some real potential if that turns out to be true. Over 4,000 ft. long is a serious ride, so we could possibly see most inversions on an invert, too. And I'm sure this has been posted, but the announcement is at 10:00 PM eastern time right?

Can't get down to the park tonight due to transportation reasons, but are they streaming it live?

I really can't wait to see the aesthetics of the ride. My guess is that the Banshee logo looks similar to the one used for Mantis but with the shrieking spirit instead of the phantom. We've almost confirmed that the supports are blue, and if it's called Banshee with blue supports, I bet we see track that's either charcoal gray, dark purple, or a very light ghostly blue.

MAN I'm excited for this! I really hate having just two flagship attractions at my home park and seeing it actually start to get something else big to add to its ride lineup is great!