TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I wouldnt really want to see them do launched coasters. I think the way they do them the "classic" way is unique to the company. Save the launching for Intamin, Mack, ect.

Hey almost 1 day till the announcement! Go Banshee

Definitely not a wing coaster or invert. Most likely a sit down coaster like Incredible Hulk. If we do see a B&M launched coaster one day, I wonder what type of launch it would be. Hydraulic, LIM/LSM, or Flywheel? I seriously doubt a pneumatic launch.

Have you looked at the blueprints? It's an invert

Definitely not a wing coaster or invert. Most likely a sit down coaster like Incredible Hulk. If we do see a B&M launched coaster one day, I wonder what type of launch it would be. Hydraulic, LIM/LSM, or Flywheel? I seriously doubt a pneumatic launch.

Have you looked at the blueprints? It's an invert

He means as the first actual B&M launched, or so i think

EDIT:Yay i was right!

B&M and Launch are two words that don't go in the same sentence.

And it was'nt too long ago that that none of us would have fathomed that B&M and Giga would have been used in the same sentence.

Less than 24 hours to go folks...if this does end up being an Invert let's hope there is some new element that we have never seen before on an inverted coaster.

Probably not a launched ride but that's me.

The new lifts kinda suck. Hear me out.

MF and Maverick are great rides. But, the lift hill is too fast. Meaning, that you don't have that much time to look around and take everything in. Then again, The Beast has the slowest lift hill I have ever been on. There needs to be a nice compromise on lift hill speed. Diamondback's lift hill speed is perfect, not to fast, not to slow.

I would love to meet up with some other TPR'ers tomorrow but the weather doesn't look that good. Not really in the mood to stand around in the rain for a coaster unveiling. I might change my mind but I doubt it.

Either way, can't wait to see what they thought up. I know i'll be renewing my Platinum Pass for next year.

I think I'm the one who brought up the launched thing. I hadn't seen the blueprints, but since apparently they have a lift hill I know it won't be launching. I didn't think that my one comment that was proven wrong would be discussed any further.

Anybody check out screamscape in the last day rumors of a bait and switch but unlike any I've seen. The rumored Bat/Banshee possible coaster instead what could be even better is a re theme of Top Gun to the bat and have the new ride be added in the old SoB spot to match the new Bat with a Banshee.

Yes today is the day they announce the day for their announcement of the day they announce their new Giga inverted wing launched wooden coaster! Oh the spectacle! Also everyone is wrong it's not called Bat or Banshee Its called Batshee and the Silver Comb of Mystery! Yes it will have a small dark ride section! Worry not after the first season it will be declared too scary for the GP and they will purchase the art and set pieces from Garfield's Nightmare at Kennywood. It will then be retheamed and renamed Garfield and Batshee's Wild Night . . . And the Silver Comb of Mystery!

^ Enjoy the speculations before this thread turns into a lot of complaining after 10pm est.

Spot on!

Which btw it's going to be an X2 like rotating seat wooden hyper. Oh yes, picture how smooth it'll be!

Well I wonder how many rows will be backwards.

That's actually brilliant. I hadn't thought about it till now, but with SFGAm running Batman Backwards this year, it's at least conceivable that this ride could be designed to run entirely backwards...

I think if I were designing a backwards invert, I would keep the row at the front of the train facing forward, because the experience in the front row of an invert is really awesome.