TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I am in school for graphic arts and it literally can take me 30 mins to create that logo. 5 for a skilled professional. I bet its just a stunt to create buzz. These manipulation seriously take no time at all.

Thank you. I'm a professional graphic designer and it's disheartening to hear people say how cool they think the logo is. If I were to show that to my art director, he'd laugh and tell me that it looks great for a softball team jersey. It's rushed and amateurish. It's nothing more than a few lines, copy and paste behind, add stroke, repeat.

Yes...we are apparently. If others can say that they think it is so cool, I can surely say why I think that it isn't.

A photo of the station layout was just posted at kicentral, with loading on one side of the train. Kinda hard to climb over the track to board the other side of a wingrider. That explains the unrefined logo...it was done quickly to go with the dummy website.

I am also a graphic artist and I really like the Bat logo. It's simplistic, effective and fun. I don't think it's by all means finished, but I like the concept.

Are we really down to critiquing art now?

I like it as well, I just think it's a red herring.

Thank you. I'm a professional graphic designer and it's disheartening to hear people say how cool they think the logo is.

I dig the logo, but then again- my criteria for the logo of a roller coaster being built at a park that belongs to a giant McDonald's-esque chain of amusement parks isn't quite "a newly unearthed Van Gogh masterpiece that was long lost and thought to have been destroyed during WWII".

Those drawings are definitely for a coaster with an overhead track, if nothing else the supports on the inside of the vertical loop are a dead giveaway. Of course if they went to the trouble to fake a "leaked" website then I wouldn't put anything past them, very clever. One thing I can't figure out is whether that line on the left is for disembarking guests or a fast-pass/special assistance line (if it is where do the exiting riders go?)

Those drawings are definitely for a coaster with an overhead track, if nothing else the supports on the inside of the vertical loop are a dead giveaway. Of course if they went to the trouble to fake a "leaked" website then I wouldn't put anything past them, very clever. One thing I can't figure out is whether that line on the left is for disembarking guests or a fast-pass/special assistance line (if it is where do the exiting riders go?)

As I believe: Red line will be Fastlane queue and green line (+ switchbacks) will be stand-by queue. The blackish area are stairs up to the station floor. Then you exit off the other side. Also, just noticed, transfer bay will hold 3 trains!

Untitled.thumb.png.4066d74478b76505cc3b2e054c1f6f2f.png

So is that area where the hexagonal "3" is a big paved area? If so where is the obligatory gift-shop-where-you-buy-your-picture located? It looks like they quickly just dump people out onto an open area after the ride, but that's so 30 years ago.

I'm still saying Banshee. They sent silver combs to the Enquirer to run a story. The Bat stuff is diversion. Anyone can mock up a website like that. They do not want a new coaster associated with one that had an uptime of 12% over three seasons. Yeah, the Bat is a legend but you don't want to ruin what it created in mystery. It's going to be Banshee. Invert with 7 inversions.

Is that even a world record though?

I'm guessing its going to be the Longest Inverted Coaster in the world?

I'm still saying Banshee. They sent silver combs to the Enquirer to run a story. The Bat stuff is diversion. Anyone can mock up a website like that. They do not want a new coaster associated with one that had an uptime of 12% over three seasons. Yeah, the Bat is a legend but you don't want to ruin what it created in mystery. It's going to be Banshee. Invert with 7 inversions.

Is that even a world record though?

I'm guessing its going to be the Longest Inverted Coaster in the world?

7 Inversions would tie the record for most inversions on an invert. If it were 8 inversions, it'd take the cake not only for that, but as the coaster with the most inversions in North America. Top 195 feet and it's the tallest complete circuit Invert (Wicked Twister is taller). We'll find out soon enough.

To me these newer blue prints appear to show heartlining as if it were a wing rider. It shows two ride paths (one on each side of the track) and each path has its own heartlining and what not.

They look more representative of the ride's reach envelope to me. Also, the trains in the station and the single set of air gates for loading completely rule a WIng Coaster out.

To me these newer blue prints appear to show heartlining as if it were a wing rider. It shows two ride paths (one on each side of the track) and each path has its own heartlining and what not.

They look more representative of the ride's reach envelope to me. Also, the trains in the station and the single set of air gates for loading completely rule a WIng Coaster out.

Good eye on the single loading.