TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I was thinking more like just a wing rider train...suspended.

What's the point? Wing Coaster trains are already suspended anyway. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

This. The whole point of a wing coaster is you have no track above or below you. What difference does it make where the track is in relation to the train itself? The rider experience would be the same.

I was thinking more like just a wing rider train...suspended.

What's the point? Wing Coaster trains are already suspended anyway. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

This. The whole point of a wing coaster is you have no track above or below you. What difference does it make where the track is in relation to the train itself? The rider experience would be the same.

Not to mention the supporting to that can be a real pain.

That was my thought too. If anything, flipping the track would make the track more obvious.

And I personally don't think we would see the rebirth of the "Deja Vu" style train on an invert. It wasn't like people loved those trains. If anything, they were a nightmare to explain to people how to board. Diamondback and other non inverted rides can get away with it because you can see the seating layout, by the fact an invert is hanging off the track, you can't on them.

No matter what, the park is doing a good job drumming up interest.

That was my thought too. If anything, flipping the track would make the track more obvious.

And I personally don't think we would see the rebirth of the "Deja Vu" style train on an invert. It wasn't like people loved those trains. If anything, they were a nightmare to explain to people how to board. Diamondback and other non inverted rides can get away with it because you can see the seating layout, by the fact an invert is hanging off the track, you can't on them.

No matter what, the park is doing a good job drumming up interest.

What if the new seating arrangement is the same as the Diamondback trains, just on an inverted coaster? It would still allow for a 'new' seating arrangement, as well as still allowing for easy boarding, unlike the GIB trains.

What if the new seating arrangement is the same as the Diamondback trains, just on an inverted coaster? It would still allow for a 'new' seating arrangement, as well as still allowing for easy boarding, unlike the GIB trains.

I don't know if you could call it a new seating arrangement, although that would make it light years easier to board then the Vekoma design. The thing though is that I don't know if there is actually much to be gained by making the seats like that on an invert. Again, with the train attached upside down, it changes the view significantly. I never felt that the Deja Vu trains improved on the original.

That type of design also elongates the train, and it would probably result in a significantly tamer ride.

I hope it's a wing coaster but it is most likely an invert.

The plans might make for a good wing coaster. It could justify putting the Immelman exit on the batwing, since batwing a exit parallel and close to the entrance. Only things I could see that could kill the wing coaster are the smaller loop and shaping on the zero-g roll. Not sure if Gatekeeper's swerves like that when seen overhead or not.

My final guess is on a B&M invert called Banshee, but I could be pleasantly surprised with a wing coaster. I'd prefer the wing coaster, but any large B&M at my home park I'll take and love.

I was enjoying all of the specualation up until the leak of the "blueprints". I still do not believe that it is the real blueprints, but if it turns out it is the real one, I'm going to find it so disappointing because it took away all the the excitement of the actual announcement. I hope they are fake, but if not, even though it will be disappointing to have the excitement pulled, I'll still look forward to its addition. Oh, and btw, I've had a strong feeling ever since the signs on the wall went up that it would be an invert. It just made sense to me.

The Bat flies again for another run at KI. Just too bad they didn't reuse this when they renamed Top Gun. Don't dig too deep into the posted images. I think they're supposed to be used as placeholders.

- This park seriously needs a strata coaster.

1333676797_KIBat.thumb.png.9d2a58a03ca409a35f5afe67344551eb.png

1178696879_KIBat2.png.e9db2f12997f676245cf0591d5245bdc.png

1535129424_KIBat3.thumb.png.8a20a6d627923ae4b893e43da20f0048.png

I wouldn't dig to deep into any of that. Nice logo though! I wish they would actually use the Bat name with that logo. A big kudos to the park's PR department as they have really done a great job teasing this attraction. I love that they kept toying with us even after the ride blueprints leaked.

For whatever it's worth it seems like I remember way way back when new SOB replacement rumors were first arising Screamscape reported that from a confirmed source the new addition would absolutely be a Wingrider, then over time the rumor has slowly evolved into an invert then a Mega coaster back to an invert and so on. So maybe this thing was a wing rider all along that the park just wanted to try to create a bit of a diversion, I guess we'll find out on Friday.

A giant wing-rider is honestly more marketable to the general public than an invert would be. I mean, despite how we enthusiasts feel about them, why would a park ever buy an invert when they could get a wing-rider for a similar price?

^ Tallest and Fastest NON-LAUNCH wing rider... I just love that they used the exact gatekeeper picture and did not change a thing to it. Sure they recolored the images but on the actual layout, the trains are still that yellowish gold color...

I'm in doubt of that page being real. Anyone can take a screenshot of a page and simply edit it. Besides, why would they use a pic of Gatekeeper's layout?

I saw the page myself yesterday, there were actually three different pages. They were up for darn near 40 minutes before being taken down (it was taken down as soon as it started being shared on another site). As for the layout photo, those were just "dummy photos". They're just fillers. It's what you use when you are constructing a website. Same with the text. They had a Renderings Tab, a Facts Tab etc...There was even a Take a Ride tab or something of that sort, but it reverted to a WindSeeker POV.

It's certainly a hoax. Why would they send out a comb for a ride called "The Bat"? Also, why would they re-use the name of a defunct coaster in the same park? Makes no sense to me.

Don't know about the comb, but amusement and theme parks use old names sometimes. Look at what Coney Island is doing. Look at what Cedar Point has done. It's not entirely impossible.

This ride can't be the fastest wing rider roller coaster in the world because FURIUS BACO is still working at 85mph.

Non-Launched. And I always say a Wing Rider and Wing Coaster are different anyway. In a sense, Wing Riders (built by Intamin) are essentially Accelerator Coasters with the seats on the side. A Wing Coaster is a B&M Model, is non-launched and has a traditional lift. Two entirely different models in my opinion. I do believe that one could say that is the "Fastest Wing Coaster" then because it isn't a "Wing Rider".

But for the sake of records and being more correct as to include the winged seats on Furius Baco, Cedar Point advertises GateKeeper as the Fastest Non-Launched Wing Coaster.