TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^Someone on KIC pointed out the photo is just a photoshop job of Gatekeeper's photo in orange, and actually I think they just reused Gatekeeper's page and edited it if I understood correctly. I guess bringing Bat back would be nostalgic, but I just can't see them reusing the name of a coaster that was known more for being down than operating, even if it was a prototype. Bad associations, even if those who rode it enjoyed it.

Edited by ilrider

I'm calling a fake leak. Don Helbig LOVES to mess with the enthusiast crowd. Besides, looking at the blueprints and the way the footers are layed out, things just don't make sense for it to be a wing coaster. I still think we're getting an invert.

I like the original logo better but as someone might say "That logo was sooo 80's"

The Bat would make for a nice wing coaster, I'm sure the trains would look really sweet, but CF isn't going to one up a coaster that is breaking records for its genre at a sister park, especially since that ride is at the flagship.

I guess bringing Bat back would be nostalgic, but I just can't see them reusing the name of a coaster that was known more for being down than operating. Bad associations, even if those who rode it enjoyed it.

But that didn't stop Kings Island from building a second, more successful suspended coaster in 1993. I wouldn't mind them using the Bat name again.

This is one of the most clever diversions I've ever seen! Although there was this "leak" I am still convinced this is an Invert. My proof is the blueprints which I still believe are legit. Now, I have a few reasons.

1. The supports found on site have the same code as on the plans. You can see this in the first two pictures.

2. The footers in the drawing match the ones that are already built.

3. The station and transfer have two parallel rows of supports like any Invert. Wing Riders have supports directly under the track, unlike this whole coaster. You can see this in the last picture

Untitled2.jpg.953c8c9e5464a13168607f927475b2db.jpg

Untitled3.thumb.jpg.6550d525b58d65c2c2ec41b448a9ae30.jpg

Untitled.jpg.2705d5dc3993240b337b111c6e75ee99.jpg

One argument for a wingrider is that the vertical loops have a pretty "fat" footprint, wider than what you would see on a typical inverted vertical loop.

That's true, There's also what looks like an in-line twist right before the ending helix. But other than those two points, it mostly points to an Invert IMO.

^It'd be nice nice to see Flight Deck repainted and renamed Bat and then have it and the new ride make up a sort of horror-themed "sub-land". I think it would be a welcome refresh for that little strip back there.

I'd be totally down for this! Not only would it rid KI the horrible "Flight Deck" name, but it would be a nice way to refresh the park's history.

The "wing invert" seat design rumor sounds like it might be spot on. If I'm imagining it right, are we talking about a Vekoma GIB seating layout?

EDIT- ^You beat me to it! A Deja Vu/GIB train is exactly came to my mind as well.

Edited by DanM64

"Not sure if I will write down some notes or wing it Thursday night when we announce our new world record-breaking attraction." -KI Twitter.

Yeah, I think its definitely gonna have some sort of new inverted seating arrangement (Like Deja-Vu).