TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

A flying coaster with two loops? I'll believe it when I see it.

Hey, sky scrapper is a flying B&M coaster with one loop, two could be possible.

1mmh4frus0o8qc8hhe0016.jpg.396b2dd56926b2aa012cd3944e31b62d.jpg

If B&M would push the limits with their flying coasters, they could make a hell of a ride.

Supposedly this twitter account @wesisrad knows the announcement. KI tweeted them "Don't spoil the surprise!"

This has been the most interesting post:

Wes ‏@wesisrad 30 Jul

@coasterrumors @KingsIslandPR does this look right to you? pic.twitter.com/edNfc4ljfZ

Hahaha this was literally me messing with people on twitter as a joke with ARNR.

This is Cedar Fair, there has got to be a mid-course brake in there somewhere to run 3 trains.

Not the same, but Millennium Force, I305, just to name a couple.. I'm sure they're are more. There doesn't appear to be any MCBR on this ride.

Which of you nerds is gonna try to translate the Gaelic type for hints??? WHO IS UP FOR THIS CHALLENGE?

Stengel, maybe a homage to the designer of SOB? Maybe Stengel came out of retirement to help with this ride? O'Suhr is likely a tribute to one of the mods(admin/owner?) of kicentral, who's last name is Suhr. And O'Terpy is likely a tribute to one of the most respected members over a kicentral, The Interpreter, often shortened to "Terpy".

Now, the other text has been translated by kicentral as (on the left stone I believe) "It is a wedge of itself that splits the oak" and the second says "The quiet are guilty". The final one translates to "There's no place like home."

^I'm willing to bet that is a fake someone made based on the leaked blueprints. In the upper right corner it shows unregistered hypercam, a software program used to capture videos playing on your screen (like from NL or RCT). With as much money as the parks put into building a new coaster, they use professionals to create the POVs.

Either that or KI purposefully leaked the blueprints and this POV video to keep enthusiasts off the scent until 8.8.13.

The one in the middle says Stengel.....That is a good thing isn't it?

It would be if Stengel was still designing B&Ms coasters. We can only hope and pray that they hired him to design this one......

This is Cedar Fair, there has got to be a mid-course brake in there somewhere to run 3 trains.

Not the same, but Millennium Force, I305, just to name a couple.. I'm sure they're are more. There doesn't appear to be any MCBR on this ride.

I:305 only runs 2 trains.

Doesn't Leviathan run 3 trains with no mid-course break run?

Yes and no. Leviathan has a mid-course the same way Tatsu @ SFMM does. The mid-course is at the end of the ride just before the safety brakes.

So in both of these instances there technically is a MCBR however it just happens to be at the end of the ride. Only difference being that Tatsu only has 4 blocks (Station, Lift, MCBR (Block Brake), and Transfer aka Station approach) where as Leviathan has 5.

Stengel, maybe a homage to the designer of SOB? Maybe Stengel came out of retirement to help with this ride?

There was a news article mentioning that the same designer for this designed SOB, which didn't make much sense to me because clearly RCCA and B&M are completely different companies - I never thought about the Stengel connection.

Stengel, maybe a homage to the designer of SOB? Maybe Stengel came out of retirement to help with this ride?

There was a news article mentioning that the same designer for this designed SOB, which didn't make much sense to me because clearly RCCA and B&M are completely different companies - I never thought about the Stengel connection.

Almost, the news article said this:

"The new coaster’s designer also created The Beast, which has held the record as the world’s longest wooden roller coaster – and has remained on the list of the world’s top wooden coasters – since it was built in 1979."

And if my thinking is right, wasn't it John Allen who designed The Beast (and the Racers). But he died in 1979. The other two designers listed for the Beast are Al Collins and Jeff Gramke. Anyone know about them?

Almost, the news article said this:

"The new coaster’s designer also created The Beast, which has held the record as the world’s longest wooden roller coaster – and has remained on the list of the world’s top wooden coasters – since it was built in 1979."

And if my thinking is right, wasn't it John Allen who designed The Beast (and the Racers). But he died in 1979. The other two designers listed for the Beast are Al Collins and Jeff Gramke. Anyone know about them?

Perhaps the news article mistaken The Beast for Son of Beast?

The article states that Jeff Gramke drew up the zoning plans for Project 2014, so the Enquirer is crediting him as the ride designer. So since he did work on The Beast, their statement is valid, if not a bit confusing. They definitely meant Beast, not SoB.

Jeff Gramke, the park’s manager of facilities, engineering and construction, drew the zoning plans filed with the city of Mason.

The new coaster’s designer [Jeff Gramke] also created The Beast [...]

Al Collins helped to design Tornado at Stricker's Grove. Other than that, I can't find much on any of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they helped design the new coaster.