TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Maybe we are looking at it wrong. The dual footers could be for a racing coaster. Maybe a racing giga. First of its kind and a world record

As much as that would be fantastic, that would cost WAY too much, so that's probably not a possibility, but maybe a racing invert?

Credit to oldiesman on kicentral

I wouldn't read too much into that picture. That's the area out by their greenhouse area so it could be anything from planting flowers, trees or whatever. KI has an in house horticulture staff and they grow most of their own stuff that is planted around the park and take care of everything. Also, could just be people training on how to use the equipment.

Credit to oldiesman on kicentral

I wouldn't read too much into that picture. That's the area out by their greenhouse area so it could be anything from planting flowers, trees or whatever. KI has an in house horticulture staff and they grow most of their own stuff that is planted around the park and take care of everything. Also, could just be people training on how to use the equipment.

Yeah I would but he has more pictures from all over that area even some pictures showed footers molds being placed

Silver and blue?

I wouldn't mind if that was right. Afterburn's a beautiful coaster and my second favorite invert, I wouldn't mind this one looking like it.

However, if it carries the Banshee name, I would prefer either very light teal track (which could give I more of a spectral appearance) or darker charcoal gray track. Dark charcoal gray and blue would look great IMO.

I am admittedly very intrigued/excited for this announcement. I'm really hoping that it ends up being an invert, as those have always been a favorite coaster type of mine. We really liked Kings Island during our lone visit to the park in 2009, and we felt like they had several coasters I would classify as "good" or even "very good". But, I did kind of feel like the park needed 1 more true standout coaster in their lineup. For me, the only one that I thought fit that bill was Diamondback. I know some folks aren't huge fans of it, but in my opinion it is a fantastic hyper. (I think my wife would have liked it more had we not come to a screeching halt on the MCBR, where we stayed for about 10-15 minutes......which is the one thing she worries about when riding! )

And shoot, if they ended up building a taller/faster version of Afterburn at Carowinds, I'd be in heaven! That one is my current favorite invert, just edging out Talon at Dorney. Looking forward to the 8th!

Honestly guys, if it's not a B&M Wing Rider I might have to eat my hat. Parks buy these kinds of coasters in sets often and B&M is pushing this style hard. It's also not hard to do 'record breaking' things with a ride that only has 4-5 cousins in existence.

^I just cant imagine another one put in 2 hours from one that just broke all records this season. But then again I didnt expect CW to do the Hyper/Giga

At this point anything is possible even though it seems to be an invert...

We gotta hang in for 7 more days!

I'm hoping that they will do something special for the ride station by actually theming it to tie in with the name instead of doing something sleek and modern. Boarding the train in a haunted mansion would be an ideal place for a banshee to roam.

Silver and blue is quite striking on Afterburn and it would really look great on Kings Island's skyline. I'm a little tired of seeing a lot of CF coasters painted red.

Honestly guys, if it's not a B&M Wing Rider I might have to eat my hat. Parks buy these kinds of coasters in sets often and B&M is pushing this style hard. It's also not hard to do 'record breaking' things with a ride that only has 4-5 cousins in existence.

Parks don't generally "buy things in sets" over multiple years. Think about it - let's say Gatekeeper bombed at Cedar Point - Didn't raise attendance to the park at all, lines were very short all season, and the general public said they seriously miss the Sky Tower. Would Cedar Fair really want to have made a deal to build three more of these already? Imagine what the owners (shareholders) of Cedar Fair would think when they announced, "Yeah, attendance at Cedar Point did nothing with Gatekeeper... we're building two more next season!"

And trust me, I know how unlikely such a thing seems, especially with the scenario above, but parks make missteps relatively often and you can't wager your future on them. This doesn't mean that it *isn't* a Wing Rider, just that in all likelihood it isn't a deal that Cedar Fair made to make them for multiple years.

^I just cant imagine another one put in 2 hours from one that just broke all records this season. But then again I didnt expect CW to do the Hyper/Giga

At this point anything is possible even though it seems to be an invert...

We gotta hang in for 7 more days!

2 hours? How fast are you going? 4 hours away lol

I get what you mean though but im pretty sure it's not a Wingrider anyway.