TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^All Cedar Fair rides should be named Flight Deck! It's still the best name ever.

Hoping for Intamin, but I'm sure it will be an exact copy of a B&M ride already in the park, just slightly larger, that everyone in Ohio will insist is a completely unique and original ride...

dt

I just hope that if it is a B&M giga, it will be very reminiscent of i305 with low-to-the-ground directional changes, a few air time hills (some ejector moments please?), and it takes advantage of the terrain. However, I'm probably asking for too much.

B&M has a formula and you're asking for something completely opposite it.

^All Cedar Fair rides should be named Flight Deck! It's still the best name ever.

Hoping for Intamin, but I'm sure it will be an exact copy of a B&M ride already in the park, just slightly larger, that everyone in Ohio will insist is a completely unique and original ride...

dt

I don't think that this will ever happen. With all the fantastic different types of rides out there *cough* Intamin anything *cough*, I doubt it could ever happen.

I spent a lot of time today staring at some B&M Inverted footers. Now these footers are very old(from '93), but I did happen to notice that those footers are square, not circular.

Just thought I'd add that to the speculation.

I spent a lot of time today staring at some B&M Inverted footers. Now these footers are very old(from '93), but I did happen to notice that those footers are square, not circular.

Just thought I'd add that to the speculation.

Diamondback uses square AND circular footers.

Edit:

I sketched this up:

533625_10200498618010119_1929011822_n.jpg

I think this is the direction of travel.

Nice Pics.

There is speculation a enthusiast broke into the park the other night and went to jail.

Again pure speculation.

Maybe it's about time they put in a webcam on the construction.

I wouldn't go near that place at dark with those creepy scarecrows, so this person is probably messed up.

You're not going to find much info on the site vs. the offices.

The camera flashes probably game him away pretty quickly.

There's no way it was a her, it was totally a him hahha.

I can go on forever.

I heard a chain saw and a branch grinder (If that is what it is called) by Timber Wolf today. Maybe it is a giant B & M that covers the entire north side of the park taking out Timber Wolf, Flight Deck, Congo Falls and the cemetery!!! Or maybe they were just trimming trees.

Sorry I have been reading KICentral too much.

Tell that to Arrow Re: Tennessee Tornado.

Just because B&M has a formula doesn't mean that they will always stick to it. It looks to be that way in this particular case, but anything is possible.

Tell that to Arrow Re: Tennessee Tornado.

Just because B&M has a formula doesn't mean that they will always stick to it. It looks to be that way in this particular case, but anything is possible.

The difference between the two is that Arrow pushed limits and innovated from day one all the way through X at the very end. B&M develops a working product and sticks with it. Always has, and they have no need to alter that formula. You aren't getting a B&M with ejector and rapid transitions.

Was at KI yesterday and nothing to report on the construction front, same as everyone has been reporting on previous pages. But, what is up with the Crypt? Might have been answered before, but all signage removed, entranced gated off and locked. Is it done for good?

I've noticed that since Cedar Fair now owns King's island you see a lot of Cedar Point people traveling down I-75 to King's Island with their Platinum passes and vice versa. Lots of Cedar Point regulars visiting KI for the first time too. I am always answering questions for them while waiting for the park to open. Almost all of them love the cleanliness of KI, it's expansiveness and all the trees and shade. I really think KI could be the biggest park in the world someday. Excellent location and tons of open land to develop. Always seeing over 3 million visitors a year helps quite a bit too. I'm glad KI is in my backyard

^ It does mean invert. And x-works was the label for gatekeeper

X-Works refers to everyone and anyone...the labels used to say the park name but after enthusiasts kept spilling the beans, so B&M had to change the customer name so no one would find out.

^ It does mean invert. And x-works was the label for gatekeeper

X-Works refers to everyone and anyone...the labels used to say the park name but after enthusiasts kept spilling the beans, so B&M had to change the customer name so no one would find out.

Oh ok that makes sense

My experiences: Raptor (Cedar Point) . Top Gun (Carowinds). Batman (SFGam). Batman (SFOT). Goliath (SFFT). Great White (Sea World San Antonio) Backwards Batman (SFGam)

Quality is the theme. All I want is quality. Something I WANT ride 2-3 times when I'm in the park like Beast or Top Gun/Flight Deck and Diamondback. Can't wait for 2014.